What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

The NCAA has long been overdue for instituting something along the lines of a salary cap in the NFL.
Competitive sports have to have a semblance of competitiveness. The major 5 conferences have to support this to control costs and assure that things become much more competitive not less competitive.

I see prize recruits negotiating their endorsement deals prior to signing day, optimizing which will be the most lucrative choice.

I know everyone thinks this is already happening, but it's chump change compared to what's about to happen with name/likeness.
Car Dealers, tractor dealers, seed companies, fertilizer companies, Farm Equipment companies.... They will all be handing out giant dollars to "sponsor" the Nubs future stars.

The NCAA has to regulate it and limit it. People have already grown tired of following their no-hope programs. There needs to be hope. Without it, viewership will cave within 5 years.
They won’t.

The NCAA has long been overdue for instituting something along the lines of a salary cap in the NFL.
Competitive sports have to have a semblance of competitiveness. The major 5 conferences have to support this to control costs and assure that things become much more competitive not less competitive.

I see prize recruits negotiating their endorsement deals prior to signing day, optimizing which will be the most lucrative choice.

I know everyone thinks this is already happening, but it's chump change compared to what's about to happen with name/likeness.
Car Dealers, tractor dealers, seed companies, fertilizer companies, Farm Equipment companies.... They will all be handing out giant dollars to "sponsor" the Nubs future stars.

The NCAA has to regulate it and limit it. People have already grown tired of following their no-hope programs. There needs to be hope. Without it, viewership will cave within 5 years.
It wouldn't be a surprise if the sudden ticket to throw money at these kids without an effective set of controls ends up throwing the entire college football world into chaos.

Most interesting would be to see Nebraska and their supporters throwing massive amounts of money into this and still see them fall short of programs like Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Texas, etc. and still fall short of success.

Agree 100%. It'll either be the conferences, or a new governing body formed by some of the current conferences breaking out of the NCAA.
Not going to repeat it all but I have posted before that I think within 20 years or less we will see an entire reorganization of college football with a limited number of schools, maybe 25-30, who are willing to spend the huge amounts of money to "play" at being one step from pro football, basketball as well will be impacted. the sorting will be a process because a lot of schools will want to attempt to stay at "the highest level" until they get priced out.

The rest will either drop levels or drop football entirely.

I was thinking about this the other day. I’m not sure that there are 10 places in the country that a kid can make as much money as Nebraska. The NIL puts them right back on the map.

Ranking coaches is subjective. Based on getting more out of less, then I think Fitzgerald and Ferentz need to be at the top of that list. Day took over a machine and kept it running. That’s good, and not everybody can do that. So he definitely deserves some credit there. But let’s be honest, he was given the keys to the Ferrari. I think Tucker is probably too low, Franklin, based on last year, is probably too high. Frost belongs near the bottom and that’s where he is.

Ranking coaches is subjective. Based on getting more out of less, then I think Fitzgerald and Ferentz need to be at the top of that list. Day took over a machine and kept it running. That’s good, and not everybody can do that. So he definitely deserves some credit there. But let’s be honest, he was given the keys to the Ferrari. I think Tucker is probably too low, Franklin, based on last year, is probably too high. Frost belongs near the bottom and that’s where he is.
What Tom Allen has done at Indiana is really, really impressive. Highest winning percentage since some dude in the mid 40s.

Why put Frost above Tucker when Tucker beat him straight up in Boulder?
It’s a good question, frankly. I don’t think Tucker belongs that low on the list. Somewhere between 6-8 seems appropriate for him. Frost is a hot mess, and it’s honestly hard for me to put anybody below him, but I suppose it’s possible.

It’s a good question, frankly. I don’t think Tucker belongs that low on the list. Somewhere between 6-8 seems appropriate for him. Frost is a hot mess, and it’s honestly hard for me to put anybody below him, but I suppose it’s possible.

I don't see any reason to put anyone below Frost. He can't keep his top recruits in Lincoln and keeps throwing anyone but himself under the bus.

This begs the question: Is Frost worse than Jon Embree?

I'd have to put Kirk Ferentz #1. Since his 3rd year at Iowa, they've made bowl games in 18/20 years. Not bad for a team that's just about as isolate from recruiting talent as anyone.

Agree 100%. It'll either be the conferences, or a new governing body formed by some of the current conferences breaking out of the NCAA.
I've long thought the NAIA, if they were forward thinking and got out in front, could very quickly outmaneuver the NCAA in such a way that the P5 would join and bring all the revenue with them.

Given Michigan State lost to Rutgers last year....gotta put Schiano ahead of Mel Tucker don't you?

I've long thought the NAIA, if they were forward thinking and got out in front, could very quickly outmaneuver the NCAA in such a way that the P5 would join and bring all the revenue with them.
Most of the NAIA schools want nothing to do with big money college athletics.

They want to have an athletic program that adds to the college experience for their students and visiting alums but they want athletics to be secondary to what they do as a school.

I would expect that what we might see is a brand new organization that is able to control who they let in and how they play the game.

I'd have to put Kirk Ferentz #1. Since his 3rd year at Iowa, they've made bowl games in 18/20 years. Not bad for a team that's just about as isolate from recruiting talent as anyone.

I can't debate the top 2-I think Ryan Day might be the best playcaller in the game right now, and the job that Fitzgerald has done at Northwestern is the greatest coaching job I've seen in the sport since Old Man Snyder. He's probably still going to be there when we play them-He's only 46, and I think the stuff about him only being interested in the Chicago Bears job is legit.

On the guys between that and the bottom tier-James Franklin's too high. I'd put him 6th. Chryst (I know Wisconsin recruits itself-but he seems like a solid guy) and Ferentz would be 3 and 4 for me....and Tom Allen 5th. I'd flip Harbaugh and Fleck (he's goofy as hell but he can ****ing coach).

On that bottom tier-Bielema's gotta be last. First year at Illinois, and he didn't do a good job at Arkansas...especially after watching what Sam Pittman did there last year (who had the 2nd best season among last year's new coaches-the fact that we didn't have a game we couldn't play because of COVID coupled with a bowl bid should leave no doubt who is first on that list). I'd go Brohm, Tucker (the way he left here), Frost, and Locksley above him.

Frosty is absolutely the best coach on that list, and it's not even close. I honestly have a hard time coming up with a better coach for NU.

There are other schools in the B1G, but I don't really give a **** about them. There's only one school that I have a really strong preference for how many games they win and lose.

And for that school, frost is definitely the very best coach they could possibly have. He's their Owen.

I think we can all agree that Frost is the absolute best choice for NU’s coach. Coach, AD, Governor, whatever. The entire state should just put him in charge. Of everything. Once he gets his system in place there’s no limit to the mediocrity that they can accomplish!

I think we can all agree that Frost is the absolute best choice for NU’s coach. Coach, AD, Governor, whatever. The entire state should just put him in charge. Of everything. Once he gets his system in place there’s no limit to the mediocrity that they can accomplish!
TRAJECTORY!!!!

Did you watch a Michigan State game last year? Or the way CU played Air Force?

[NAIA] want to have an athletic program that adds to the college experience for their students and visiting alums but they want athletics to be secondary to what they do as a school.
Texas A&M Kingsville approves this message…🤨

Back