What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

They won’t fire him now. They’re just setting the table if they need to get out of an expensive contract.

Gus Malzahn?!? Really? Their delusion knows no bounds. If, as is speculated, he has a good season, he will have about 100 options way better than that dark hole of sucktitude.

It’s interesting seeing the ****braska faithful start to turn on their savior. No way an article like that comes out two years ago. The sharks are starting to circle.
No question. My sources say there is a lot of misbehaving on his staff. Ie extramarital affairs, public intoxication, etc. That coach who just left unexpectedly was part of that, although I don't know the whole story.

The kind of things that they look past if you are winning. If not, they use them to hang you.

They won’t fire him now. They’re just setting the table if they need to get out of an expensive contract.

Gus Malzahn?!? Really? Their delusion knows no bounds. If, as is speculated, he has a good season, he will have about 100 options way better than that dark hole of sucktitude.
Gus isn't taking that job and neither is anyone else who has hopes for a future in the coaching business.

We love to laugh at Frosty and the guy is a hilarious tweet waiting to happen on his worst days but the reality is that they could hire a re-incarnation of Tom Osborne with a dose of Saban added and that program isn't going anywhere good.

The changes with NIL will help them short term but just like in so many other areas they won't be able to compete with teams in their conference who are using them like they are the drunk girl who didn't make the cheerleading squad.

When Frost is dumped they will have big dreams and Alberts will float a number of big names to get the faithful excited. In short order those guys will look at the job and announce that they are staying at their current job or going to a different school. Some will use the Nebraska connection to up their current contracts.

In the end they will be forced to settle for somebody who either is a known name but has no other options and is looking for one last big paycheck or somebody with fusker connections making up for not being a legitimate candidate for any other significant jobs.

Whoever comes in will be expected to give some press conference answers about doing things the "Husker way," and about the "traditions" as well as mention the "greatest fans." He will hire a couple or more ex-fuskers as assistants and parade around a bunch more former players to give the impression that the glory days were just behind them and will be coming again soon.

And in a few years they will be repeating the process because no matter who they hire it won't matter. It doesn't matter who the jockey is if the horse is dead.

Gus is getting paid a **** load of money to not coach Auburn. He basically has no pressure at UCF at the moment. He has no reason to make a move for at least 2-3 years, even if another SEC team comes calling.
You are right about all this but even if he were looking he wouldn't look at going to Lincoln.

Gus is a guy with a National Championship and all that goes with it. He isn't going to take a job that has no chance of getting him another one or at least bringing him closer. For guys like Gus going to Stinkoln is basically a career ender because you can't win there.

You are right about all this but even if he were looking he wouldn't look at going to Lincoln.

Gus is a guy with a National Championship and all that goes with it. He isn't going to take a job that has no chance of getting him another one or at least bringing him closer. For guys like Gus going to Stinkoln is basically a career ender because you can't win there.
I would like to think you're right, but... See Les and KU.

Gus isn't taking that job and neither is anyone else who has hopes for a future in the coaching business.

We love to laugh at Frosty and the guy is a hilarious tweet waiting to happen on his worst days but the reality is that they could hire a re-incarnation of Tom Osborne with a dose of Saban added and that program isn't going anywhere good.

The changes with NIL will help them short term but just like in so many other areas they won't be able to compete with teams in their conference who are using them like they are the drunk girl who didn't make the cheerleading squad.

When Frost is dumped they will have big dreams and Alberts will float a number of big names to get the faithful excited. In short order those guys will look at the job and announce that they are staying at their current job or going to a different school. Some will use the ****braska connection to up their current contracts.

In the end they will be forced to settle for somebody who either is a known name but has no other options and is looking for one last big paycheck or somebody with ****er connections making up for not being a legitimate candidate for any other significant jobs.

Whoever comes in will be expected to give some press conference answers about doing things the "****er way," and about the "traditions" as well as mention the "greatest fans." He will hire a couple or more ex-****ers as assistants and parade around a bunch more former players to give the impression that the glory days were just behind them and will be coming again soon.

And in a few years they will be repeating the process because no matter who they hire it won't matter. It doesn't matter who the jockey is if the horse is dead.
I hate Nebraska as much as anyone here but you sort of just described us as well…

I would like to think you're right, but... See Les and KU.
Two things.

1. Les couldn't fix Kansas either, even with heavy doses of cheating.

2. Les went to Kansas because he had no other options. After his issues at LSU (which later came out while at Kansas but that ADs knew about before) Les was toxic. He wasn't getting a job at any other P5 school and he knew it. At his age he didn't have time to go to a G5 program and rebuild his name hoping to get a decent program.

Both of these are where Nebraska is now. The program is broken badly enough that even a very good coach can't fix it, and the good coaches know that. Anyone who takes the Nebraska job is going to be somebody who doesn't have better options, or any real options when it comes down to it.

kNU is a broken program that is going to end up with a broken coach.

Other than Frost who came because of the money and his legacy there look at the last few coaching searches they have conducted. After throwing out the names of multiple hot candidates they have ended up with guys who were many steps away from their first choices.

I hate ****braska as much as anyone here but you sort of just described us as well…
I would agree except for one huge difference.

kNU has an administration that wants to win and is willing to pay for it and still can't win. Recruits don't want to go there, they are in a conference with some really dominant teams that are going to beat them badly enough each year to keep them down.

I truly believe that if the administration in Boulder truly got behind having a winning program we could and would become contenders at least for the conference crown on a regular basis. Once you are there then the next steps can happen.

We have a place that appeals to recruits. Texas kids love Colorado, California kids like Colorado, Hawaii among others as well. We also have a conference that is without a dominant team at the moment. Is there a team in our conference that we have no hope of catching? Is there a team (like Ohio State) that is so far above the rest in talent that second place is the goal? Not even close.

If,, and I'm not even imagining it will happen soon but at some point it could, we got another President like Gordon Gee who would support winning why couldn't we be good again?

I am sure a board member of the publicly traded Tyson Food’s Inc would take exception to the company paying a collegiate athlete 100k to sit out as a transfer for an entire year and then pay another 200k for two more years when they have over 150,000 employees who make significantly less are real assets to the business.

I don’t know the details but I would venture to say LLCs, legitimate or fake, will be the primary players. One question I do have is who withholds the taxes of these deals?
I think that Tyson would likely see it as being advertising dollars. Exhibiting its support of the Razorback program to the Arkie fans. I’m guessing that a huge outfit like Tyson probably sees its lower wage employees as fungible atoms, also don’t be shocked if quite a few of those (local) employees are Razorback fans who might think that the FIL tie-in is cool.

I think that Tyson would likely see it as being advertising dollars. Exhibiting its support of the Razorback program to the Arkie fans. I’m guessing that a huge outfit like Tyson probably sees its lower wage employees as fungible atoms, also don’t be shocked if quite a few of those (local) employees are Razorback fans who might think that the FIL tie-in is cool.
Bbc Three Comedy GIF by BBC

$100,000/yr to Tyson, in its ad budget, is minuscule. Like you or me finding a penny on the sidewalk. An objecting board member would IMO be looked down upon as a rube.
To be clear and to proxy your hypothetically situation.

Viska is has a stud worthy freshman and sophomore year earning a health sum of cash (ignoring the first redshirt season). Then via dubious terms ended up at Arky and paired with Tyson for $100k to sit out a transfer season, then plays a super junior season for Arky earning another $100k. Now Viska has to choose if he wants to go to the NFL Draft and make more than $100k being drafted or stay at Arky to keep $100k and risk injury to the NFL. Short story is Viska is going to the NFL even if he is late rounds or undrafted.

I cannot see how Tyson, their BOD, federal regulators or their investors can see this as a good business practice. It’s not just 100k for one athlete either, it’s gonna be a pay out to many players on the roster. The sum to Tyson is going to be closer to the 2mil range, without having to negotiate with the agents that these players will ultimately have. At the very least Tyson could use that “minuscule” budget to fund scholarship for students, promote internship programs or simply just pay their employees a better wage.

No question. My sources say there is a lot of misbehaving on his staff. Ie extramarital affairs, public intoxication, etc. That coach who just left unexpectedly was part of that, although I don't know the whole story.

The kind of things that they look past if you are winning. If not, they use them to hang you.
Here is the nebraska staff on their coaching retreat to Surinam

1629381195804.png

Viska is has a stud worthy freshman and sophomore year earning a health sum of cash (ignoring the first redshirt season). Then via dubious terms ended up at Arky and paired with Tyson for $100k to sit out a transfer season, then plays a super junior season for Arky earning another $100k. Now Viska has to choose if he wants to go to the NFL Draft and make more than $100k being drafted or stay at Arky to keep $100k and risk injury to the NFL. Short story is Viska is going to the NFL even if he is late rounds or undrafted.

I cannot see how Tyson, their BOD, federal regulators or their investors can see this as a good business practice. It’s not just 100k for one athlete either, it’s gonna be a pay out to many players on the roster. The sum to Tyson is going to be closer to the 2mil range, without having to negotiate with the agents that these players will ultimately have. At the very least Tyson could use that “minuscule” budget to fund scholarship for students, promote internship programs or simply just pay their employees a better wage.
Some of the very best humor is the stuff you don't anticipate. That punch line at the very end? Pure gold - great job!

Tom Osborne has to be rolling in his grave over this. What's that you say, he's still alive? Wow, shocker. Do you think he'd want to get back into coaching?
Absolutely cannot ****ing wait until Gus turns them down publicly and they end up re-hiring Solich.

In a different universe…

Back