What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I agree he is having major issues at ****braska, just saying that his run at UCF was legit and that offense his last year was amazing. You can succeed at one school and fail at another, that doesn’t mean his first tenure was a fluke. ****braska is a tough job, should we just leave it there?
No because just saying "Nebraska is a tough job" excuses him for being a ****ty coach at this level, which is what he has so far proven to be

Frost was WR at UO under Kelly and OC under Helfrich (except his last year), so it begs the question, was Helfrich's underperformance at UO due to letting Frosty call the plays?

No because just saying "****braska is a tough job" excuses him for being a ****ty coach at this level, which is what he has so far proven to be
Okay well I would just push back on that a little bit. He has clearly shown he isn’t a “****ty” coach from what he did prior to taking the Nebraska job. Lots of coaches fail their first time in the P5 and he has shown some major issues the last couple of years but I’m sure he will bounce back after an Analyst year at bama.

Okay well I would just push back on that a little bit. He has clearly shown he isn’t a “****ty” coach from what he did prior to taking the ****braska job. Lots of coaches fail their first time in the P5 and he has shown some major issues the last couple of years but I’m sure he will bounce back after an Analyst year at bama.
Clear as mud. 1 year, with a roster he inherited that was loaded with NFL talent, then 4 ****ty years of fail at Nebraska doesn't clearly show he isn't a ****ty coach.

The fact that the Nubs are getting worse, not better shows me something very definitive.

From the Omaha World Herald "Good news: Martinez and the ****ers have three weeks to find the answers. No disrespect to Fordham or Buffalo, but the ****ers are probably winning both games comfortably."

I'll take Buffalo and the points please!
No disrespect to Troy, oops they lost that one as well. No disrespect to the South Alabama team from the Sun Belt that almost beat them.

Live far enough in the past and it takes a long time to catch up to the present.

And as much as we justifiably have fun ripping Frost it isn't just a coaching issue. Some other coaches may do better in Stinkoln but that program is gone. The best they can hope for with a quality coach (and I doubt any are going there) is to be a middle of the pack B1G team going to minor bowl games.

The glory days ain't coming back.

Okay well I would just push back on that a little bit. He has clearly shown he isn’t a “****ty” coach from what he did prior to taking the ****braska job. Lots of coaches fail their first time in the P5 and he has shown some major issues the last couple of years but I’m sure he will bounce back after an Analyst year at bama.

Would you claim that Dan Hawkins isn't a ****ty coach based on his seasons at Boise?

I think there's a lot of similarity between the two, but at least The Hawk had a bowl season and upset a couple ranked teams by this point in the tenure.

Last edited:
Would you claim that Dan Hawkins isn't a ****ty coach based on his seasons at Boise?

I think there's a lot of similarity between the two, but at least The Hawk had a bowl season and upset a couple ranked teams by this point in the tenure.
Hawkins had a very different path to a head coaching job at CU, never coached at a P5 school and never went undefeated. God dammit guys, **** you for making me defend Scott Frost

I was totally gonna say that Hawk = Frost!!!

Frost had a boat load of talent at UCF that had quit on the former coach. He came in, less egomaniac, installed the Chip Kelly Oregon offense, one that the UCF conference had never seen, and succeeded. He had a very good QB and really top notch skill guys. Lots of NFL prospects there.

He lands in ****braska, and frankly, the talent that Riley had recruited wasn't awful. Not top of the conference or anything like UCF, but something to build on. He came in like John Wayne, and then proceeded to run off most of the talent. All ego, trash-talking Riley, and telling players how soft and weak they were. Many left.

He's in year 4, still struggling with an athletic but mistake prone, inaccurate Martinez at QB. He has zero backups. He has failed to recruit and develop QBs and skill position guys. The DC has some talent on D, but there are zero skill guys on O. The backup QB is horrific and Frost either couldn't find or couldn't recruit a grad-transfer. Reminder, we got JT from Tennessee. Nubs got nothing.

As to the style of play not working in the Big10, I don't buy that. I'm not confident either way, but I don't see how the clown-fest I described above is a valid test to the theory! I personally think that a team with a lot of speed (like Kelly's Oregon teams) would give most of the division a hard time, save OSU who can match the speed. They might have to outscore Wiscy, but they might just do that. Just an opinion, hard to know.
None of this matters. Frost sucks and **** Nebraska

No mention of exactly how many tickets those donors had to buy. 1,000? 15,000? Could be any number, I suppose. Would be interesting to know, though.

Back