What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I don't get the part in bold. The guy sucks as a coach. He'd not be a fit in any major conference.
I've never heard a coach disparage his predecessor as Frost did, publicly.
I've never seen a coach blame his players like Frost does. (They go out of their way to do the opposite)
I've never seen a coach act as though he alone knows the way, and discount every piece of evidence to the contrary.

I'd be hoping for Frost to flame out hard no matter where he was coaching. what a dick.
Hello HS football. You described 75% of the coaches out here.

I was drinking the Koolaid before the game. Then the first quarter happened. Switched to beer. Lots of beer.

****braska football is in more trouble than I originally thought.

Frost's seat is red hot after yesterday.

I imagine Trev Alberts will have a talk with Frost and lay it out there. If he already hasn't.

FYI; I've been a cautiously optimistic Frost supporter. I want him to succeed. But he has to get out of the way of his ego.
There is a guy named Toby Neinas that could actually improve your squad. Loved the 1st down qb sneak by the way, that usually works.

Frost was successful at UCF cause they were not his players, and they were uber-athletic Florida kids that had just lost every game and the former coach was a nice old man that had just lost his way as a football coach. He had his "offense" and he was in a lower league. Congrats to those kids going undefeated.

So, then he has to come home to ****braska, reset his mind, build from the bottom, not have any of the athletes he had at UCF, and with subpar assistants, and all of the personality problems you mention, he has struggled.

My point is that he will NEVER figure it out in the Big 10 conference with teams that are established and play a slowdown, grind your ass into the ground kind of football, that even the worst team could go on a 9-minute 80-yard drive and you just lost 2-3 possessions. The style that he wants to play just will not work. He might have a chance in a lower league that plays fast and loose, and throws it all over the place, and hopefully Chinanders opportunistic defensive style might work.

It just is not going to work
Frost had a boat load of talent at UCF that had quit on the former coach. He came in, less egomaniac, installed the Chip Kelly Oregon offense, one that the UCF conference had never seen, and succeeded. He had a very good QB and really top notch skill guys. Lots of NFL prospects there.

He lands in Nebraska, and frankly, the talent that Riley had recruited wasn't awful. Not top of the conference or anything like UCF, but something to build on. He came in like John Wayne, and then proceeded to run off most of the talent. All ego, trash-talking Riley, and telling players how soft and weak they were. Many left.

He's in year 4, still struggling with an athletic but mistake prone, inaccurate Martinez at QB. He has zero backups. He has failed to recruit and develop QBs and skill position guys. The DC has some talent on D, but there are zero skill guys on O. The backup QB is horrific and Frost either couldn't find or couldn't recruit a grad-transfer. Reminder, we got JT from Tennessee. Nubs got nothing.

As to the style of play not working in the Big10, I don't buy that. I'm not confident either way, but I don't see how the clown-fest I described above is a valid test to the theory! I personally think that a team with a lot of speed (like Kelly's Oregon teams) would give most of the division a hard time, save OSU who can match the speed. They might have to outscore Wiscy, but they might just do that. Just an opinion, hard to know.

I was drinking the Koolaid before the game. Then the first quarter happened. Switched to beer. Lots of beer.

I imagine Trev Alberts will have a talk with Frost and lay it out there. If he already hasn't.

FYI; I've been a cautiously optimistic Frost supporter. I want him to succeed. But he has to get out of the way of his ego.
I love, love, love that you still think there's hope for frost.

That's, like the best thing in this thread so far.

Frost had a boat load of talent at UCF that had quit on the former coach. He came in, less egomaniac, installed the Chip Kelly Oregon offense, one that the UCF conference had never seen, and succeeded. He had a very good QB and really top notch skill guys. Lots of NFL prospects there.

He lands in ****braska, and frankly, the talent that Riley had recruited wasn't awful. Not top of the conference or anything like UCF, but something to build on. He came in like John Wayne, and then proceeded to run off most of the talent. All ego, trash-talking Riley, and telling players how soft and weak they were. Many left.

He's in year 4, still struggling with an athletic but mistake prone, inaccurate Martinez at QB. He has zero backups. He has failed to recruit and develop QBs and skill position guys. The DC has some talent on D, but there are zero skill guys on O. The backup QB is horrific and Frost either couldn't find or couldn't recruit a grad-transfer. Reminder, we got JT from Tennessee. Nubs got nothing.

As to the style of play not working in the Big10, I don't buy that. I'm not confident either way, but I don't see how the clown-fest I described above is a valid test to the theory! I personally think that a team with a lot of speed (like Kelly's Oregon teams) would give most of the division a hard time, save OSU who can match the speed. They might have to outscore Wiscy, but they might just do that. Just an opinion, hard to know.
You have to RUN the ball in the Big 10, period!
Somehow Frost has totally forgotten that, and if they still had McCaffrey, they could afford to run the QB way more, because Martinez is a terrible thrower in the pocket. He should just run every time, pretty much what Frost, Crouch, and all the old Nubs QB's did.

You have to RUN the ball in the Big 10, period!
Somehow Frost has totally forgotten that, and if they still had McCaffrey, they could afford to run the QB way more, because Martinez is a terrible thrower in the pocket. He should just run every time, pretty much what Frost, Crouch, and all the old Nubs QB's did.
Frost is an imposter. But Oregon could run the ball pretty good in the day.
But where is it written that you must run the ball in the Big 10? Frost can't run the ball because he has an awful OL and defenses dare him to beat them with Martinez's arm, which is not doable.

Here's how I look at it. You must outscore your opponents!

With that said, I do think that some of the mystery of how to stop an offense like Chip Kelly was running at Oregon has been solved. And I think Frost had success with it at UCF because it was new there. Defenses have evolved. But Frost has much bigger problems!

Remember, it’s all about trajectory. And the trajectory of the Nebraska football program is glorious.

Credit to you for anewering here on AB.

If there really is a high level of fan apathy, which I can't even fathom, then the end of the season could get very interesting.

Any realistic rumors on a possible replacement?

OMG I hadn’t seen the full quote until now. There’s just no way :ROFLMAO: the man really went full Butch Jones.

SCOTT FROST WAS CONFUSED THEY DIDN’T SEE THE SAME ALIGNMENTS FROM THE ILLINOIS SPRING GAME.

source.gif

Frost is an imposter. But Oregon could run the ball pretty good in the day.
But where is it written that you must run the ball in the Big 10? Frost can't run the ball because he has an awful OL and defenses dare him to beat them with Martinez's arm, which is not doable.

Here's how I look at it. You must outscore your opponents!

With that said, I do think that some of the mystery of how to stop an offense like Chip Kelly was running at Oregon has been solved. And I think Frost had success with it at UCF because it was new there. Defenses have evolved. But Frost has much bigger problems!
Scott Frost sucked at Oregon. They trended the wrong direction the more responsibility he got. He was a terrible OC. That’s one of the biggest misconceptions about Frost.

And beware short term success at Florida directional schools.

Scott Frost sucked at Oregon. They trended the wrong direction the more responsibility he got. He was a terrible OC. That’s one of the biggest misconceptions about Frost.

And beware short term success at Florida directional schools.
I don’t know if I would say that. The reason oregon fell off is their defense went down the ****ter and ended up becoming the worst in the pac 12 in 2016. He was a good OC and produced a good offense at UCF it just didn’t translate to the higher level as a head coach. I think there are many reasons for that, but not his knowledge in terms of offensive X’s and O’s.

He double down’d:

Look, Frost is an ego-maniacal jerk who continually blames others for his short-comings and it’s been hysterical watching him struggle after all of the cocky BS he spouted in his first 3 years there. But if the man is going to troll Nebraska fans on his way out then he has my full support:

full

So if I understand correctly, Frost’s success vs UI depended entirely on on whether or not they resembled the Missouri spring practice? Wow, football is either a lot simpler or a lot more complicated than I thought. Oh, and once your opponent changes formations you have no chance to beat them?

So if I understand correctly, Frost’s success vs UI depended entirely on on whether or not they resembled the Missouri spring practice? Wow, football is either a lot simpler or a lot more complicated than I thought. Oh, and once your opponent changes formations you have no chance to beat them?
Illinois Spring Game, but otherwise, you understand correctly.

I don’t know if I would say that. The reason oregon fell off is their defense went down the ****ter and ended up becoming the worst in the pac 12 in 2016. He was a good OC and produced a good offense at UCF it just didn’t translate to the higher level as a head coach. I think there are many reasons for that, but not his knowledge in terms of offensive X’s and O’s.
I just don't really know if Frost's success at Oregon under Chip Kelly is really attributable to him, though. The fact that he was so incompetent that he couldn't adjust a game plan against Illinois because they LINED UP differently is something I can't even fathom for a head coach at any level to be honest. That's letting the defense dictate what you can and can't do, which is just awful coaching.

Translation for those Husker fans desperately clinging to their Chosen One:

Scott Frost is a douchebag.
Scott Frost is not a football coaching guru. He is way over his head.
Scott Frost will hang on any excuse he can find.
Scott Frost is burying Husker football deeper than any of those who proceeded him.
Scott Frost is a Buff fan's dream.

I just don't really know if Frost's success at Oregon under Chip Kelly is really attributable to him, though. The fact that he was so incompetent that he couldn't adjust a game plan against Illinois because they LINED UP differently is something I can't even fathom for a head coach at any level to be honest. That's letting the defense dictate what you can and can't do, which is just awful coaching.
To be clear, my earlier point about Scott Frost and Oregon's offense is that is why he had success at UCF. He stole the offense and implemented it in a conference who hadn't seen it, with amazing athletes that he inherited.

Chip Kelly has adapted that offense a lot since he left Oregon.

Scott Frost is not an offensive guru. NU thought that he was, he is not. No improvement in 4 years verifies that point.

I agree he is having major issues at Nebraska, just saying that his run at UCF was legit and that offense his last year was amazing. You can succeed at one school and fail at another, that doesn’t mean his first tenure was a fluke. Nebraska is a tough job, should we just leave it there?

Back