What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Lol def wasn’t trying to start a fight. Just trying to call what i feel is BS. That being said it’s possible as Byrds last year at Nebraska when he was a senior peters was a true freshmen. Maybe i should apologize? 😜
No way. Double down and throw more insults. Way more entertaining.

or, retreating to making some bad puns always works.

No way. Double down and throw more insults. Way more entertaining.

or, retreating to making some bad puns always works.
Don't feed him that crepe, Myrtle!
Angry A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Man, I just hopped in this thread for the first time in a few weeks, only to have a blinding junior high flashback.

Orlando is a "visit" location, not a "living" location in my experience as well.
I don't visit it, I dislike it so much. When I was in my corporate role, I finally asked my company to stop sending me there.

I acknowledge that's about me as much as Orlando. It's just not a good fit for what I value.

However, this whole, "It's easy to recruit in a great place like Orlando" messaging is lost on me.

I don't visit it, I dislike it so much. When I was in my corporate role, I finally asked my company to stop sending me there.

I acknowledge that's about me as much as Orlando. It's just not a good fit for what I value.

However, this whole, "It's easy to recruit in a great place like Orlando" messaging is lost on me.
I can see College Men loving it, it is full of very attractive service workers that help with all the resorts and there is a ton to do and the weather is pretty awesome. UCF is far superior to Lincoln or Norman when it comes to a fun place to live for 3-5 years.

I have been there multiple times for sporting events, vacations, conferences, meetings, etc. 3-5 days is plenty for me, but no more, and there are some really sketchy places that you could easily get disappeared quite easily.

I can see College Men loving it, it is full of very attractive service workers that help with all the resorts and there is a ton to do and the weather is pretty awesome. UCF is far superior to Lincoln or Norman when it comes to a fun place to live for 3-5 years.

I have been there multiple times for sporting events, vacations, conferences, meetings, etc. 3-5 days is plenty for me, but no more, and there are some really sketchy places that you could easily get disappeared quite easily.

Orlando is one of those places like Las Vegas, great to visit, not bad to spend and extended temporary residence, not a place you want to live for an extended period of time.

Over time the heat, humidity, cockroaches, and underlying poverty get to wear on people.

Unlike a Lincoln or Norman though it is a place built on entertainment, on enjoyment. It has things to do, places to go, and a lot of other people there looking to have a good time.

The sketchy places you mention are because the entire tourist industry is based on a workforce of low skilled workers who are in limited income jobs without a lot of prospects to advance into higher paying positions. It also is a place that has has attracted a lot of the people who tend to migrate from job to job and place to place and don't have the kind of family and roots that stabilize communities.

Orlando is one of those places like Las Vegas, great to visit, not bad to spend and extended temporary residence, not a place you want to live for an extended period of time.

Over time the heat, humidity, cockroaches, and underlying poverty get to wear on people.

Unlike a Lincoln or Norman though it is a place built on entertainment, on enjoyment. It has things to do, places to go, and a lot of other people there looking to have a good time.

The sketchy places you mention are because the entire tourist industry is based on a workforce of low skilled workers who are in limited income jobs without a lot of prospects to advance into higher paying positions. It also is a place that has has attracted a lot of the people who tend to migrate from job to job and place to place and don't have the kind of family and roots that stabilize communities.
And it is a major Drug and Gang trafficking area, because when people want to have fun, things happen

Well, let’s see, lived in the Orlando area the majority of my life and have found beauty, culture, tranquility, traffic, wealth disparity, social problems and all the other pluses and minuses of any sprawling urban/suburban areas.

I’m less than 2 hours from a beach either to the east or the west. And I’m never more than 5 min from a swimable/skiable lake.

I never shovel snow.

There is a burgeoning brewery scene and just about every culture and food style is represented here.

When I was teaching, my salary was competitive with most districts in Colorado and the cost of living is appreciably less.

Well, let’s see, lived in the Orlando area the majority of my life and have found beauty, culture, tranquility, traffic, wealth disparity, social problems and all the other pluses and minuses of any sprawling urban/suburban areas.

I’m less than 2 hours from a beach either to the east or the west. And I’m never more than 5 min from a swimable/skiable lake.

I never shovel snow.

There is a burgeoning brewery scene and just about every culture and food style is represented here.

When I was teaching, my salary was competitive with most districts in Colorado and the cost of living is appreciably less.
I'm always grateful to Floridians and Texans for loving where they live.

I never shovel snow.

So you are supporting the narrative that Orlando is far ahead of Lincoln or Norman, correct? And an 18-22 year old high testosterone male would enjoy living in town you describe?

So you are supporting the narrative that Orlando is far ahead of Lincoln or Norman, correct? And an 18-22 year old high testosterone male would enjoy living in town you describe?
Ironically, 18-22 was when I left Orlando for Boulder, but yes, there is a lot to offer. A little to loud and crowded downtown for me now, but 21 year old me would revel in it.

Back