What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

1kgjn1.gif

Former nub safety Tyrone Byrd ('89-'93) has been coming to my local bar. He owns a State Farm agency in Aurora. Good guy, friendly, and verified a few stories. Yes, frost hid (in a bathroom, not a closet) during the lawrence phillips incident. He despises frost. Christian peter was a criminal (his words) who also beat his girlfriend. Byrd backed him down because the woman was his friend. peter cowered and slunk away.

The end.

Last edited:
Former nub safety Tyrone Byrd ('89-'93) has been coming to my local bar. He owns a State Farm agency in Aurora. Good guy, friendly, and verified a few stories. Yes, frost hid (in a bathroom, not a closet) during the lawrence phillips incident. He despises frost. Christian peter was a criminal (his words) who also beat his girlfriend. Byrd backed him down because the woman was his friend. peter cowered and slunk away.

The end.
Good stuff, although I have a hard time imagining a safety backing down Christian Peters in a fit of roid rage. Just sayin’ that would be a sight to see.

Good stuff, although I have a hard time imagining a safety backing down Christian Peters in a fit of roid rage. Just sayin’ that would be a sight to see.

I'm 6'2" and 210. Never been afraid to fight. I saw tiny Ray Leonard holding up a pillar at the Marriot in New Orleans in 1978 (Ali/ Spinks 2) I'm stupid.

320 pound peter isn't in 220 pound Byrd's league

Byrd would have killed him and the coward knew it.

Last edited:
I'm 6'2" and 210. Never been afraid to fight. I saw tiny Ray Leonard holding up a pillar at the Marriot in New Orleans in 1978 (Ali/ Spinks 2) I'm stupid.

There’s a lot here, but I wasn’t picking a winner in a fight. Simply stating I have a hard time visualizing that juiced silverback stepping back. That’s all.

DLinemen have notoriously good hands BTW

Byrd would have killed him and the coward knew it.
Nebraska shows Byrd as 6 foot 180 his last year. I don’t buy it either.

I knew the Peter bros a little bit and they were New Jersey thugs through and through
Free cars, free drinks, free wheeling with the ladies, but they got there crazy mean streak from the father, even though they deny he was tough on them.
They were not good guys at all!

I was in a meeting and we ended up talking about the south platte for a bit and someone said a particular project would be a good idea but Nebraska was going to start throwing their weight around. I without filter said “which is considerable. Have you been there?” I got good laughs from 3 of the four. Might have pissed of the last. Mostly because of inappropriate fat joke rather than Nebraska I think.

1644373895061.gif

Byrd is no 180. It would be funny if one of you gals gave him a go.
Wtf are you talking about? He’s prob not 180 now? I’m telling you what he was when he was talking tough about the Peters brothers. No one in here is claiming to be able to take him. He was a four year blackshirt for the huskers in their prime, of course he’d take most of us.

So being a fat pig is the only thing that matters when it comes to a real scrap? Sure, man.
He was a despicable person and a lot of things. I’m not saying Byrd wouldn’t have even worked him. I’m saying 6-3, 300 isn’t fat and he was crazy so he prob wouldn’t have backed down. But if some drunk at your bar says so I’m sure it’s true…..

He was a despicable person and a lot of things. I’m not saying Byrd wouldn’t have even worked him. I’m saying 6-3, 300 isn’t fat and he was crazy so he prob wouldn’t have backed down. But if some drunk at your bar says so I’m sure it’s ...

Last edited:
So being a fat pig is the only thing that matters when it comes to a real scrap? Sure, man.
Never met Byrd or Peters but I would believe it. @SBP is right about bullies and some of them aren't used to having people stand up to them and don't know how to handle it.

As to Byrd the Nebraska defense of that era had some sets that asked a safety to come up and take on a lead guard to clear the LB for the tackle. There are some safeties who are absolutely crazy and I wouldn't want anything to do with no matter how big I am.

Different size and situation but anybody here want to take on a Steve Atwater or a Dennis Smith in their primes. I would bet either one of them would kick tails on a lot of D-linemen in a fight.

There’s a lot here, but I wasn’t picking a winner in a fight. Simply stating I have a hard time visualizing that juiced silverback stepping back. That’s all.

DLinemen have notoriously good hands BTW
I had a somewhat decent Amateur boxing career. Defensive linemen (linemen in general) are ridiculously hard matchups for anyone that isn't trained. Hell even for a lot of trained fighters they would be difficult. Outside of being huge guys they have long arms and understand how to use their legs and hips to drive power in their upper half. About the scariest matchup that you can imagine. Don't **** with them.

Peter was capable of whipping 125 pound women, though.
And the fusker football program was capable of covering up, ignoring, minimizing, or buy off for him, his brothers, and other players to keep them in uniform.

Most respect goes to Myra Kraft, wife of Patriots owner Robert Kraft who upon finding out what kind of scum Peters was insisted that her husband cut him despite the team using a 4th round pick on him. She also insisted that the team adopt a tougher policy regarding sexual conduct by players.

Sadly since she died in 2011 Robert Kraft hasn't exactly been honoring her memory with his conduct.

I do see a square-off between Bombay and Brock in the near future. Casa Bonita seems like a good bet.
Lol def wasn’t trying to start a fight. Just trying to call what i feel is BS. That being said it’s possible as Byrds last year at Nebraska when he was a senior peters was a true freshmen. Maybe i should apologize? 😜

Back