What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Here’s how it reads in Nebraska papers:

Gov. Pete Ricketts announced that the state is notifying Colorado that Nebraska plans to proceed with a $500 million plan of developing a canal and reservoir system to capture water from the South Platte River, exercising its legal right to that water flow from Colorado under a 1923 compact between the states.
The directive comes in response to plans in Colorado to capture that water with as many as 300 projects before it is allowed to flow into Nebraska, the governor said.
So I looked up the compact and it specifically allows Nebraska to build a canal from the south bank of the South Platte River south of Ovid extending east along a set surveyed line for a canal that was planned in like 1923 but never built. Since then there has been a major highway built south of the river that will greatly increase the cost of the canal construction. There is also a large area of rising terrain that is south and east of that highway. Most of the people in that area are probably nub fans anyway, and the land is sparsely populated. They are making a big deal about it, but it isn't like they are allowed to take land from anywhere. It is actually pretty specific. Plus land values in Colorado must be worth at least 100 times more than Nebraska. Could get pretty costly to do it via eminent domain.

When your life revolves around one day a year it's amazing how time flies...56 yrs BUFF
All these pages are borderline offensive < true hate.
The one day a year is gone..us older BUFFS are floundering..we have no knu
It sure as **** isn't utah
In my lifetime nothing has compared to the immense hatred I felt and released in 1989 @ Folsom and reveled in it.
It saddens me that young BUFFS may never experience the same..
I worked with Corn fans during those years; the 94 to 97 years were brutal. We really don’t have that visceral hatred for another program right now. Stinks.

I hope you Coloradans are not going to stand for this.

Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts announced a $500 million plan Monday to divert water out of Colorado under a 99-year-old compact between the states that allows Nebraska to seize access to Colorado land along the South Platte River and build canals.

I live in Nebraska, and think that Pete Ricketts is the full dip****. There is no time that is soon enough for him to get out of the Governor position. Classic case of rich kid that was picked on in school, now can use his (daddy’s) money and influence to buy his new political aspirations.

Is it just me, or does anyone else stop scrolling through the channel guide when they see the Nubs playing anyone in any sport - only to at least pop in in hopes of seeing that they're losing?
Doesn't matter whether it's FB or BBall...I'll stop surfing just to see the score...it's usually very fulfilling.
The only way knu will ever be relevant is if the NCAA sanctions family identification (from behind) as an Olympic sport.

I will admit..I watch Bud (butt) Crawford (WBO) world champ box.
How many huskers are now boxing fans cause they got nothing else.
In 2-4 yrs ne will have the highest unemployment rate in the country when AI takes hold in the Ag world.

Is there another team in this sport that recruits in the top 25-35 every year but still manages to not even sniff bowl games?

Is it just me, or does anyone else stop scrolling through the channel guide when they see the Nubs playing anyone in any sport - only to at least pop in in hopes of seeing that they're losing?
I actually took the time to read the entire article when the Lady Badgers beat, you guessed it, in the NCAA Div.1 volleyball championship. Congrats Lady Badgers! The one thing that pained me about that, is that the hucksters even made it to the final.

I actually took the time to read the entire article when the Lady Badgers beat, you guessed it, in the NCAA Div.1 volleyball championship. Congrats Lady Badgers! The one thing that pained me about that, is that the hucksters even made it to the final.
Hey. If you are going to bring in a bunch of women's volleyball players to get dragged down the stairs by your star football players by the hair (while your QB and future coach hides in a closet) they might as well be good ones.

I live in Nebraska, and think that Pete Ricketts is the full dip****. There is no time that is soon enough for him to get out of the Governor position. Classic case of rich kid that was picked on in school, now can use his (daddy’s) money and influence to buy his new political aspirations.
Im soooo sorry.

Colorado’s governor is warning he will “protect and aggressively assert” his state’s water rights after Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts announced a plan to spend $500 million on a canal and reservoir project that includes claiming access to land in Colorado under a 99-year-old compact between the states.
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis said he will work with Nebraska but wants more details about what the state has planned. His comments to as Ricketts released a proposed state budget Thursday detailing how he intends to fund the project.
“We will continue to protect and aggressively assert Colorado’s rights under all existing water compacts,” Polis said in a statement Wednesday evening. “Colorado has been in full compliance with the South Platte Compact for the 99 years the agreement has been in place, and water has not and is not being withheld from Nebraska.”

Link

world cup football GIF by Europeana

Seems that the Nebraska Governor (Ricketts) spoke before researching, or is not bright, or is defaulting to Disinformation to create hysteria tactics? link
During his news conference, Ricketts cited a list of “almost 300” water projects “announced” by Colorado, worth about $10 billion.

“If these projects were to go forward it would dramatically reduce the amount of water coming into the state of Nebraska,” Ricketts said.

But state Sen. Jerry Sonnenberg, R-Sterling, said the Nebraska governor must be mistaken. That list of projects comes from a report generated by legislation Sonnenberg helped pass in 2016, the senator said. And it outlines possible water projects around the state, not work that is actively being proposed.

“I’m sure he looked at that report and said ‘Oh, look at all these places they’re going to put storage,’” Sonnenberg said. “Obviously Nebraska is a little slow in figuring this out.

Back