What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

He has a fat budget for assistants and he gets these guys in there? Rhule always was my least favorite cause he thinks he is so damn smart, and that failed at Carolina, and is going to fail in Lincoln. Temple was not going to pressure him to do anything, and Baylor just wanted to dig out of a 6-foot hole.
Baylor has lots of Baylor money guys with their fingers in the Texas high schools. Competition for players in Texas is tough with UT, A&M, OU, and all the out of state programs but Baylor has a network that gets them the guys that the very top programs pass or miss on.

There isn't a lack of willingness to buy players at Nebraska but they just don't have that same network entrenched in the Texas high schools.

Never forget that Baylor was a proud and fully participating member of the SWC, the cheatin'est (yes I spelled it that way on purpose) conference that ever existed. The conference is gone but the way of doing things doesn't go away.

Consider did Rhule pick these guys for assistants or did he settle for them as assistants. Most of the really good assistants are always on the lookout for something better, they are like career military, load up and move on 48 hours notice.

Is Nebraska the place to build a resume? A program that has high expectations but is bound to have poor results. A program that is never going to make the fans or the administration happy.

Since Osborn retired there has been a long string of coaches, all of whom have failed to meet expectations and ended up leaving on negative terms. If none of them could do it why would anyone think Rhule has the magic touch?

If I am an assistant near the end of my career Lincoln might be a nice parting paycheck, if I am still on an upward career path and Rhule calls me the answer is thanks but no thanks.

Baylor has lots of Baylor money guys with their fingers in the Texas high schools. Competition for players in Texas is tough with UT, A&M, OU, and all the out of state programs but Baylor has a network that gets them the guys that the very top programs pass or miss on.

There isn't a lack of willingness to buy players at Nebraska but they just don't have that same network entrenched in the Texas high schools.

Never forget that Baylor was a proud and fully participating member of the SWC, the cheatin'est (yes I spelled it that way on purpose) conference that ever existed. The conference is gone but the way of doing things doesn't go away.

Consider did Rhule pick these guys for assistants or did he settle for them as assistants. Most of the really good assistants are always on the lookout for something better, they are like career military, load up and move on 48 hours notice.

Is Nebraska the place to build a resume? A program that has high expectations but is bound to have poor results. A program that is never going to make the fans or the administration happy.

Since Osborn retired there has been a long string of coaches, all of whom have failed to meet expectations and ended up leaving on negative terms. If none of them could do it why would anyone think Rhule has the magic touch?

If I am an assistant near the end of my career Lincoln might be a nice parting paycheck, if I am still on an upward career path and Rhule calls me the answer is thanks but no thanks.
They are Bag recruiters anyways, and when things go bad for guys only looking for $$$ they will not be in the foxhole with you long.

I just found out my business partner is a nub fan and wants to go to the game together. What do I do? Tell him to get ****ed? Or bring him and hand out piss balloons and marshmallow filled batteries to throw at him?
Tell him he can only come if he comes decked out in Prime CU gear and buys you some new stuff, too. And he gets shivved if he cheers for the Nubs.

Super Mario Bros Reaction GIF

Seriously. There are two games happening that day. The first is on the field and other other is in the stadium. Do not give those ****ers a single inch in the stadium.

Sadly, most people have someone they know - acquaintance/friend/family - that is a nebraska fan. I myself have a step-sister-in-law that struggles with meth. These things happen.

Every single one of those acquaintances/friends/family will ask to join you at the game.

You will say, "they're not that bad. It won't hurt to bring one red-clad-mouth-breather into the stadium." It will hurt. Don't do it. Take them to a non-nebraska game some other time.

Don't.****ing.do.it.

Ended up with an Omaha resident on the chairlift with us in Vail on Friday.

Highlander: “I’m assuming you are a Husker fan”
Random dude: “Of course”
Highlander: “Okay, feel free to go ahead and get off the chair lift right now” (mid-trip)
Random dude: (haha) “What, are you a Hawkeyes fan or something”
Highlander: “Colorado Buffaloes”
Random dude: “Nobody has cared about that for at least 5 years”
Highlander: “Well, that makes sense since you haven’t beaten us for 12 years”
Random dude: ”…”
Highlander: “We’ll make it 13 years this fall is Folsom. See you there”

Ended up with an Omaha resident on the chairlift with us in Vail on Friday.

Highlander: “I’m assuming you are a Husker fan”
Random dude: “Of course”
Highlander: “Okay, feel free to go ahead and get off the chair lift right now” (mid-trip)
Random dude: (haha) “What, are you a Hawkeyes fan or something”
Highlander: “Colorado Buffaloes”
Random dude: “Nobody has cared about that for at least 5 years”
Highlander: “Well, that makes sense since you haven’t beaten us for 12 years”
Random dude: ”…”
Highlander: “We’ll make it 13 years this fall is Folsom. See you there”
Had a similar interaction with a random guy at work:

Husker work guy: Do you you have any tickets you can sell me?
Leon: No, and good luck finding some
HWG: Haha, I’m just kidding. I bought tickets the day they hired Prime
Leon: You did? They haven’t released tickets for sale yet. Are you getting them from some resale site?
HWG: Yeah
Leon: yeah, those are probably a scam
HWG: You don’t have to be a Dick.
Leon: Actually, I do. It’s now required. It’s in our DNA. Welcome to the party, and make sure you bring your grandma to the game.

(Rant continues)...

If you allow a husker into Folsom on September 9th:

-You have sacrificed an incremental element of our home advantage (what is it like for a player to look up in the stands and see red? The Littlest Who in Whoville instructed us that every voice matters when you're trying to make noise to support your team). It adds up. The huskers have their visitor section. That's where the red belongs.

-You have denied a hopeful CU fan the opportunity to witness an historic event - Coach Prime's home debut. Seriously, would you rather a husker get to brag about being there, or provide a true CU fan the opportunity? There are people on this board who are currently struggling to get tickets. Take one of them instead.

-You have provided the huskers recruiting materials that disadvantage the Buffs. Huskers show their recruits photos of Folsom in the 2019 game and brag about their fan base and support (specifically compared to ours).

-You have made a clear statement that managing your own personal discomfort is more important to you than the team, the university and those that dutifully support both.

**** the state of nebraska and their sanctimonious fans. Do not give an inch. Do not be the reason that red weaseled its way into the stadium.

I feel really clear on this.

(Rant continues)...

If you allow a husker into Folsom on September 9th:

-You have sacrificed an incremental element of our home advantage (what is it like for a player to look up in the stands and see red? The Littlest Who in Whoville instructed us that every voice matters when you're trying to make noise to support your team). It adds up. The huskers have their visitor section. That's where the red belongs.

-You have denied a hopeful CU fan the opportunity to witness an historic event - Coach Prime's home debut. Seriously, would you rather a husker get to brag about being there, or provide a true CU fan the opportunity? There are people on this board who are currently struggling to get tickets. Take one of them instead.

-You have provided the huskers recruiting materials that disadvantage the Buffs. Huskers show their recruits photos of Folsom in the 2019 game and brag about their fan base and support (specifically compared to ours).

-You have made a clear statement that managing your own personal discomfort is more important to you than the team, the university and those that dutifully support both.

**** the state of nebraska and their sanctimonious fans. Do not give an inch. Do not be the reason that red weaseled its way into the stadium.

I feel really clear on this.
Well done. Did you run into RG on your walk this morning and sign on as a consultant to push the anti-Nub message? Keep it up.

I'm not as much of a dick as you are, I guess.
Sure, I’m a dick , but I don’t think I’m being a dick here.

To me, the dick move is to bring a nebraska fan into Folsom to cheer against your team and brag about taking over a rival’s stadium.

As a fan, what do you serve? Have a little loyalty. Be a good fan. I’ll be pissed if someone in my section invites a husker to sit near me and root against my team in the CU area.

If your acquaintance is truly a friend, they will understand. If not, they’re just using you.

So in this case, don’t be a dick. Support your team and the fans around you.

To me, the dick move is to bring a nebraska fan into Folsom to cheer against your team and brag about taking over a rival’s stadium.

As a fan, what do you serve? Have a little loyalty. Be a good fan. I’ll be pissed if someone in my section invites a husker to sit near me and root against my team in the CU area.

If your acquaintance is truly a friend, they will understand. If not, they’re just using you.

Ummm…. 1676229480177.gif

I was just looking at Rhule's coaching staff. If I was a Nub fan, I'd be pissed. Satterfield probably has the best resume and South Carolina couldn't get him out of there fast enough. Their tight ends coach is a Mitch Rodrigue type hire. None of them have exciting resumes.

Rhule thinks he's gonna coach up the coaches and I can't wait for this epic failure.
Funny you mention him, Bob Wager was my coach coming out of Martin HS in Arlington. Definitely not Mitch Rodrigue level, dude had Myles Garrett and many other P5 players go through his system.

Funny you mention him, Bob Wager was my coach coming out of Martin HS in Arlington. Definitely not Mitch Rodrigue level, dude had Myles Garrett and many other P5 players go through his system.
The hire is questionable at best. They hired a guy that has no college coaching experience when they have a lot of money available for their assistant coaching pool.

I was just looking at Rhule's coaching staff. If I was a Nub fan, I'd be pissed. Satterfield probably has the best resume and South Carolina couldn't get him out of there fast enough. Their tight ends coach is a Mitch Rodrigue type hire. None of them have exciting resumes.

Rhule thinks he's gonna coach up the coaches and I can't wait for this epic failure.
What you say about Satterfield was true in the first half. By the last game, he was a coaching God. He’s a great hire and the HS coach is also not that questionable. There’s plenty of guys who’ve done that jump from Texas professional
HS football to P5 assistant. Especially that position.

Dude - we're on the same side here. We both provided advice to not take the boss. Your approach was '**** you'. My approach was to say the tickets were spoken for. Your advice was being a dick. Mine was not.

Back