What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Baylor has lots of Baylor money guys with their fingers in the Texas high schools. Competition for players in Texas is tough with UT, A&M, OU, and all the out of state programs but Baylor has a network that gets them the guys that the very top programs pass or miss on.

There isn't a lack of willingness to buy players at Nebraska but they just don't have that same network entrenched in the Texas high schools.

Never forget that Baylor was a proud and fully participating member of the SWC, the cheatin'est (yes I spelled it that way on purpose) conference that ever existed. The conference is gone but the way of doing things doesn't go away.

Consider did Rhule pick these guys for assistants or did he settle for them as assistants. Most of the really good assistants are always on the lookout for something better, they are like career military, load up and move on 48 hours notice.

Is Nebraska the place to build a resume? A program that has high expectations but is bound to have poor results. A program that is never going to make the fans or the administration happy.

Since Osborn retired there has been a long string of coaches, all of whom have failed to meet expectations and ended up leaving on negative terms. If none of them could do it why would anyone think Rhule has the magic touch?

If I am an assistant near the end of my career Lincoln might be a nice parting paycheck, if I am still on an upward career path and Rhule calls me the answer is thanks but no thanks.
Change a few names and words and this perfectly describes Colorado football for the last 20 years.

Change a few names and words and this perfectly describes Colorado football for the last 20 years.
Completely false.

Nebraska has never had, nor would they tolerate, a Phil DiStefano, who made it his task, maybe the only thing he was ever successful at in Boulder, to hamstring the program in every possible way.

Nebraska has been willing to dump massive amounts of money into coaches (Frosty most recently left as a very wealthy man,) to admit almost anyone who they think can play, to accept transfers from anywhere. They have tried to make it as easy as possible to win and failed while CU administration has done everything they could to get in the way of the program and succeeded.

Win at CU, even if it is just an Alamo Bowl, and you get the full support of the CU fans. Anything short of a top bowl or playoff in Nebraska and it isn't good enough. And it won't be good enough because that is a mountain that Nebraska can no longer climb.

Maybe I should reword that last one since climbing any kind of mountain isn't something that can be done in Nebraska.

Completely false.

Nebraska has never had, nor would they tolerate, a Phil DiStefano, who made it his task, maybe the only thing he was ever successful at in Boulder, to hamstring the program in every possible way.

Nebraska has been willing to dump massive amounts of money into coaches (Frosty most recently left as a very wealthy man,) to admit almost anyone who they think can play, to accept transfers from anywhere. They have tried to make it as easy as possible to win and failed while CU administration has done everything they could to get in the way of the program and succeeded.

Win at CU, even if it is just an Alamo Bowl, and you get the full support of the CU fans. Anything short of a top bowl or playoff in Nebraska and it isn't good enough. And it won't be good enough because that is a mountain that Nebraska can no longer climb.

Maybe I should reword that last one since climbing any kind of mountain isn't something that can be done in Nebraska.
Your ignorance of the Nebraska program and their fans is amazing.

Your deep understanding of the Nebraska program and their fans is amazing.
fify

We unfortunately are the state that the lucky ones manage to escape to but they always bring their allegiance to that program with them because, well, there really isn't much else worth connecting to there.

Is this not the fan base that demanded they fire Solich, then each coach that followed. Is it not the same fan base that continues to imagine that they are America's "classiest fans" despite repeatedly showing themselves to be otherwise, Don't forget the "Sal's dead" chants and much more recently trying to claim Collier hurt Martinez (one of a long line of failed saviors) by making the same tackle that hundreds of fuskers have made over the years. You hated Collier and loved Suh and Incognito?

Oh yes, we have a clear understanding of Nebraska fans and their program.

Rhule effectively brought a lot of his staff from Temple to Baylor, including the coordinators. Jeff Nixon and Phil Snow then followed him to the NFL as well. They aren’t joining him in Lincoln.

I’m not sure if the Nebraska staff overall is any good, but I think Tony White as DC was probably Rhule’s best hire. He was good at Syracuse. They’ll run a 3-3-5 scheme.

No. I'll get my own pair + about 4 to 6 more if we all decide to go. LOL!
Lies No GIF

Why would ****braska hate syracuse? Nothing rhymes with orange, so they can't come up with anything to yell at them?

1 game?

Soft
in the link above, there's comments about the SU players celebrating on the field for an hour after the game. I'm guessing that made a few of our NU friends rather bitter.

tangent: I'm disappointed that VT fans now rank UVA as our most hated over Miami.
tangent: After decades of UVA fans telling me and other Hokies that "you're not our rival, Carolina is our rival" :rolleyes:, I'm surprised at their answer as well. I guess VT's improved academics increased the competition between the two schools' alumni for jobs.

Why would ****braska hate syracuse? Nothing rhymes with orange, so they can't come up with anything to yell at them?
Nebraska would love to admit that they hate Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue, etc but the only thing worse than admitting that you have a reason to hate somebody is the comprehension that not only do you hate them but they are going to continue to pound you into the turf, frequently dropping 50 on you.

in the link above, there's comments about the SU players celebrating on the field for an hour after the game. I'm guessing that made a few of our NU friends rather bitter.

tangent: I'm disappointed that VT fans now rank UVA as our most hated over Miami.
tangent: After decades of UVA fans telling me and other Hokies that "you're not our rival, Carolina is our rival" :rolleyes:, I'm surprised at their answer as well. I guess VT's improved academics increased the competition between the two schools' alumni for jobs.
I was a little surprised an Vandy. Didn’t see that one coming.

Back