What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Go easy ****ers! Although I did expect us to win it sucks that we took the L. I'm not hopeful at all against M in the Big House so it is what it is. It is the first year in a re-build so I'm not too overly concerned. Our cupboards were pretty bare and playing a game with essentially a 4th string quarterback walkon didn't help. We have to stop the penalties it's so ridiculous. Troy is a good football program people seem to forget they won their conference last year and beat LSU who was ranked in their own house. I get it you hate the Huskers. We're in the shoes you guys were a few years ago so remember what it feels like. It hurts bruh, it hurts! Hopefully it's just growing pains and I truly think it is.
Before we punked you, I remember fuskers saying they had more talent. Weird cupboards. Also, you do have talent. Y'all are just soft.

At what point does a "rebuild" just become who you are?
Ha, I wish I knew that answer. In no way do I think we'll ever go "Alabama" and win nattys every other year I just want to be competitive in the B1G and I really do think we will be in the next 2-4 years. I guess we'll see.

Go easy ****ers! Although I did expect us to win it sucks that we took the L. I'm not hopeful at all against M in the Big House so it is what it is. It is the first year in a re-build so I'm not too overly concerned. Our cupboards were pretty bare and playing a game with essentially a 4th string quarterback walkon didn't help. We have to stop the penalties it's so ridiculous. Troy is a good football program people seem to forget they won their conference last year and beat LSU who was ranked in their own house. I get it you hate the Huskers. We're in the shoes you guys were a few years ago so remember what it feels like. It hurts bruh, it hurts! Hopefully it's just growing pains and I truly think it is.

The following are 50/50 but I’m predicting wins because they are at home. Nebraska has talent despite the 4-8 record last year: Colorado (Will the staff have everyone on the same page by game 2? We will see.) Purdue, Minnesota.

Hopefully steal a win or 2 from: Northwestern, Michigan St., Iowa.

Losses: Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St.

I’m predicting 6-6 for the season. Anything better than that would be outstanding.

Laughable coming from a CU fan. Of the players on NUs team, the lowest class recruiting ranking was 31st (3 of the 5 current classes were in the top 25). My point is, Frost has some talent to work with, it may have been underutilized by Reily but it wouldn't surprise me if they are competitive for their division by next year. I defiantly think they have enough to get past CU this year. What were the class rankings for CU? (Hint, I already know that answer) does the CU coach have a tendancy to be well prepaired? So much fun to be playing each other again.

Not sure talent is the problem for Nebraska. They only have the head coach from the so called glory years. I'd say he has a helluva resume to work with. I'll let Google be your friend. Then there's the O Line coach who graduated in 2006. The rest have no direct connection.

Better find a new argument to debate with.

Colorado is not beating Nebraska.

1. Nebraska’s talent is not as bad as you think.
(I’m not going to write a book explaining it)
2. Yes. The coaching last year was that bad. Especially on defense.
3. Home game.
4. Colorado is not that good.

P.S. No other fan base in the country has a 42 page Nebraska Hate Thread. For those of you that really want Nebraska fans to stop coming on this board, stop talking about Nebraska. It’s that simple. So with that being said.....until next time:)
giphy.gif

When were those posted though? We've lost a lot with the switchover and a few more since spring. We're literally empty at QB and almost all of our DB depth is thin as well as our O line. We're strong at WR and RB and that's about it.

Ha, I wish I knew that answer. In no way do I think we'll ever go "Alabama" and win nattys every other year I just want to be competitive in the B1G and I really do think we will be in the next 2-4 years. I guess we'll see.

These are very realistic expectations, which I find to be quite healthy. However, I also think we can all agree that your fellow nu bretheren do not maintain this cool-headed perspective about husker expectations.

And, tbf, I actually think the other side is correct. Y’all rolled up the Brinks trucks for Frosty. If he isn’t competing for B1G titles, NY6 bowl berths, and playoff appearances in the next 2-3 seasons along with marked progression after every season, there will be some serious (and justified) questions about his ability to move y’all to the next level.

I re-watched the CU/NU game and, OMG, Nebraska commits a penalty on almost every single play. I'm not big on blaming anything on penalties, but not sure I've seen that on a re-watch of a CU game (either side) in a long time. They are either very undisciplined, or NU coaches know they just don't have much talent and hope they don't get caught very often.

I sincerely think that Nebraska is at least 3 years away from even seriously thinking about being in the Big 10 Championship game conversation from the West Division!!! Our rebuild has felt slow and painful at times, and we were below where the Huskers are right now, and thus it takes a long time of consistent culture building to even get to where a team has talent, consistency, focus, discipline, experience, trust, etc, etc... The Huskers have been so poorly led, have lost so many recruits that actually turned out to be weaker than rated, and many of these kids are truly scarred by the constant coaching changes, and the fact that they have changed schemes 3 times in the past 10 years. Frost has a long road ahead, and the way he talks and the arrogance he is showing these kids may not fly and may not get the types of players he really wants. Also, looking at Chip Kelly's lack of success is a potential tell about how what was accomplished in Oregon was unique and not easily repeated. I also want to point out that before Frost got to UCF, and the infamous 0-12 season, the team had a 9-4 record and then a 12-1 record the year prior. George O'Leary was doing well, and recruited really well, and the players that Frost coached last year to the undefeated season that have now made it to the NFL are O'Leary's guys. Is there a chance that while I think Frost is talented as can be, is it also a bit early in his development to consider him to be a world beater coach? I am biased, but I really feel that this team is full of a lot of kids that just do not know how to win, and the coaching staff needs to execute for a longer period of time to get them to be winners again, that is why I have a prediction that it will be at least 3 years.

I sincerely think that Nebraska is at least 3 years away from even seriously thinking about being in the Big 10 Championship game conversation from the West Division!!! Our rebuild has felt slow and painful at times, and we were below where the Huskers are right now, and thus it takes a long time of consistent culture building to even get to where a team has talent, consistency, focus, discipline, experience, trust, etc, etc... The Huskers have been so poorly led, have lost so many recruits that actually turned out to be weaker than rated, and many of these kids are truly scarred by the constant coaching changes, and the fact that they have changed schemes 3 times in the past 10 years. Frost has a long road ahead, and the way he talks and the arrogance he is showing these kids may not fly and may not get the types of players he really wants. Also, looking at Chip Kelly's lack of success is a potential tell about how what was accomplished in Oregon was unique and not easily repeated. I also want to point out that before Frost got to UCF, and the infamous 0-12 season, the team had a 9-4 record and then a 12-1 record the year prior. George O'Leary was doing well, and recruited really well, and the players that Frost coached last year to the undefeated season that have now made it to the NFL are O'Leary's guys. Is there a chance that while I think Frost is talented as can be, is it also a bit early in his development to consider him to be a world beater coach? I am biased, but I really feel that this team is full of a lot of kids that just do not know how to win, and the coaching staff needs to execute for a longer period of time to get them to be winners again, that is why I have a prediction that it will be at least 3 years.
Also the magical undefeated season occurred with two games canceled against Georgia Tech and Memphis. Both very possible losses.

I saw a guy yesterday wearing a Nebraska hat. I thought that’s either very brave or kinda stupid. I mean, if I was a Nebraska fan right now, I wouldn’t want anybody to know it. I’d be packing up my fusker gear in a box, pitting it in the attic, and hoping for better days to come. Basically, like what I actually did after we lost at home to Sacramento State.

I saw a guy yesterday wearing a Nebraska hat. I thought that’s either very brave or kinda stupid. I mean, if I was a Nebraska fan right now, I wouldn’t want anybody to know it. I’d be packing up my fusker gear in a box, pitting it in the attic, and hoping for better days to come. Basically, like what I actually did after we lost at home to Sacramento State.
Assume he doesn’t own any non-nebraska clothing.

Also, I wore my CU gear all the way through the dark years.

Back