What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Before we punked you, I remember fuskers saying they had more talent. Weird cupboards. Also, you do have talent. Y'all are just soft.
Yeah at no point did I say that but technically based of recruiting rankings I would agree that we did/do. Did the better team win when we played that Saturday? I think so.

Last edited:
I saw a guy yesterday wearing a Nebraska hat. I thought that’s either very brave or kinda stupid. I mean, if I was a Nebraska fan right now, I wouldn’t want anybody to know it. I’d be packing up my fusker gear in a box, pitting it in the attic, and hoping for better days to come. Basically, like what I actually did after we lost at home to Sacramento State.
I wear Husker gear every day you don't just stop being a fan because your team is doing ****ty.

I re-watched the CU/NU game and, OMG, Nebraska commits a penalty on almost every single play. I'm not big on blaming anything on penalties, but not sure I've seen that on a re-watch of a CU game (either side) in a long time. They are either very undisciplined, or NU coaches know they just don't have much talent and hope they don't get caught very often.
Yeah man, it's really frustrating with that much laundry on the field.

May I ask why? Why wouldn't you support your team? I don't know but that's some fair weather stuff I'll never get behind. Gator fans do it here and it's so obnoxious.
Mostly I wasn’t interested in every douche coming up to me and striking up a conversation about how CU just got humiliated.

Luckily, I don’t have to concern myself with those problems anymore.

See my response above. Being a fusker fan these days has got to be like being a Cleveland Browns fan.
Being a Husker fan today is pretty much the same as it's been for the last 4 years man. We aren't winning a lot but now I have confidence in the staff and the direction and if it takes 5+ years it takes 5+ years.

Mostly I wasn’t interested in every douche coming up to me and striking up a conversation about how CU just got humiliated.

Luckily, I don’t have to concern myself with those problems anymore.
Who cares? Are the opposing fans that bad there that they **** on fans of other teams? Nobody really ever talks **** here. Maybe it's because they're all trash again too.

Hey, a Kamel sighting. Nice to hear from you.

giphy.gif

Sup deed!

The best part of this is we don't know if you will be in Nebraska or Florida!
Florida! I went up for both Akron (that was a waste of money) and CU but I wasn't at the game I had a family thing. It's crazy how hot it is up there still but it's nothing like it is here. During the CU game it was hot but comfortable with a nice breeze. Here it's unbearable.

Did that actually happen? Or did you just imagine it would happen? Also, were you 12 during that time? Because I could see 12 year olds doing that.

During the dark years if anyone came up to me and struck up a conversation based on my CU hat or shirt, it usually went one of four ways:
  • "What happened? You used to be good." (Note: this was never condescending, but part sympathy and part genuine curiosity, the proportions of those had wide variance.)
  • "Do you think your new coach is going to turn it around?" (It was tough to honestly answer "no - he should have been fired after x game last year.")
  • "Hey, Colorado! - insert random memory and/or personal connection to the school - did you go there?"
  • "Go Buffs!"
The last two were far and away the most common reactions.

Edit: no, I lied, the absolute most common reaction, by a very, very wide margin, was none at all.

Did that actually happen? Or did you just imagine it would happen? Also, were you 12 during that time? Because I could see 12 year olds doing that.

During the dark years if anyone came up to me and struck up a conversation based on my CU hat or shirt, it usually went one of four ways:
  • "What happened? You used to be good." (Note: this was never condescending, but part sympathy and part genuine curiosity, the proportions of those had wide variance.)
  • "Do you think your new coach is going to turn it around?" (It was tough to honestly answer "no - he should have been fired after x game last year.")
  • "Hey, Colorado! - insert random memory and/or personal connection to the school - did you go there?"
  • "Go Buffs!"
I see a lot of buffs bumper stickers and vanity plates here. A lot of old Big 8 north matter of fact. But the biggest non SEC team stuff I see here would probly be Ohio State. They just keep inbreeding.

I saw a guy yesterday wearing a Nebraska hat. I thought that’s either very brave or kinda stupid. I mean, if I was a Nebraska fan right now, I wouldn’t want anybody to know it. I’d be packing up my fusker gear in a box, pitting it in the attic, and hoping for better days to come. Basically, like what I actually did after we lost at home to Sacramento State.
personally, I'v been there. Let's not forget, there was a time I had my Buffs vanity plates off my car and in an envelope ready to be sent to Bohn with a note saying, "you can have them, I'm done."

True story. My wife talked me off the ledge.

I never stoped being a fan. But I didn’t exactly advertise it, either.

Depends on the situation and sport for me-I stick by my teams though. I lost interest in the Rangers (my baseball allegiance) in late April, but I'll pick that back up again next spring. Still will wear the gear here and there though. With the buffs? Nope. Going to watch them all, still sport the gear regularly, and go to as many games as I possibly can.

personally, I'v been there. Let's not forget, there was a time I had my Buffs vanity plates off my car and in an envelope ready to be sent to Bohn with a note saying, "you can have them, I'm done."

After the Kansas game?

I’ve never even considered taking my alumni plates off my car.

I’m probably overstating my behavior. If I had the option of wearing a CU hat or a regular baseball cap, I’d go regular baseball cap. But then hoops season came around and all was good again. I had to pretend to like basketball for a few years. :whistle:

• "Go Buffs!"

Edit: no, I lied, the absolute most common reaction, by a very, very wide margin, was none at all.
It rarely happened. Mostly, I wanted to avoid the potential for it happening at all.

I never stoped being a fan. But I didn’t exactly advertise it, either.
Meh. Everyone knew I was/am a Buff Fanatic! Even if the football team wasn’t doing great; Baskeball at times was, ski team, the university is still kick ass. Plus we have some pretty good history on our side.

Back