What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I saw the stats for the 1H and it was total domination on paper. In watching the game today, the Nubs were totally outclassed, but Martinez had some panic moments that made it worse. Their RT couldn't handle the Ohio State edge rusher on that side at all (#2).

Martinez in the first series was frightened a bit and threw a bad pass for a pick. OSU went down and scored pretty easily, with Fields displaying top notch arm and legs, hard to defend. 7-0

2nd Series, Martinez overthrows a screen pass, failed to patient (heard footsteps) and then was sacked on 3rd down, 3 and out.
Buckeyes take it about 60 yards without much resistance for 14-0.

Nubs come out and run a little i-formation with Martinez under center. Fans go nuts of course. We see fullback traps, even some option looks off that and they have some success. Score, and things might be more competitive. But Martinez overthrows a coming open Robinson who is able to touch the ball, tipping it to the DB lying on the ground on the 4-yard line of the Buckeyes.

This is a key moment in the game as it looked like the Huskers might have a little life, albeit probably only until OSU adjusts to the I-Formation.

Buckeyes, move it 92 yards to 1st and goal at the 4, and the Nubs hold and force a FG. 17-0 early 2nd quarter.

Martinez promptly comes out and looks awful. 1st down could have been a pick-six but was just knocked down rather than intercepted, but it was a dangerous pass. 2nd down he throws it right to the DB. Awful throw. 3rd interception.

This is where the Huskers lose faith. Fields goes off on 1st down on a run thru a hole that reminded me of the day their program was decimated here in Boulder in 2001. Big John Deere's can drive-thru that hole. Buckeye's score easy, looks like Huskers have QUIT. 24-0.

Huskers quit, Buckeyes score at will to close half.

Conclusion (defense):
Linebackers are poorly coached and often out of position.
Corners are pretty skilled, but there's coverage lapses in the secondary that cost them.
DL is improved, but not much pass rush.

Conclusion (offense):
Martinez is not better than he was in game 1 of his first start in CFB. Probably worse.
OL sucks. They are just awful.
Not enough playmakers at WR.

All OSU from there. Could have had 40 by half. No reason to watch after that.

Unbiased conclusions:
Nebraska looks only slightly better in year 2. Martinez has regressed (poor QB coaching).
OL is poor and should be concerning. LB corp is often out of position. DBs have too many gaffs.
WR position is 1 deep plus Robinson (hybrid). Frost can probably fill this quickly.
Expectations for Frosty to drastically improve a team from year 1 to year 2 were a mirage.
This is not a well-coached team and there's no sound reason to believe that will change.
The fans may stay positive, but players are starting to doubt. They quit in the 1H and I suspect they don't like Frosty's act. Time will tell.

Last edited:
That site is the king of the sunshine pumping mountain.

They ban people from threads and give them timeouts for going negative on Frost or the team/program.

Was trying to read it last night, but ran into several posts about how it’s the fault of fans for putting too much pressure on Frost with their negativity and because of these bad fans he is pressing. Therefore good fans need to be totally positive so he can relax and be the best Frost he can be. I managed not to hurl on my keyboard... barely.

I was tempted to register and troll their asses, but then I didn’t want to stoop to their level.

I was tempted to register and troll their asses, but then I didn’t want to stoop to their level.
There was a post from around halftime of “This could end up 80-0. Losing by that much could set the program back a decade.”

I almost registered so I could post, “Nah. It only took 62 points in 2001 and that looks like it permanently broke the NU program.”

Read’s a lot like, “wahhh wahhh wahhh”

“shout out to the real fans”

You’re on a COLORADO message board dip ****, did you smoke too much meth and get lost? How can their fans be this stupid and irrational, I just don’t get it.

He/she/they is /are quoting from a Fusker site.

That site is the king of the sunshine pumping mountain.

They ban people from threads and give them timeouts for going negative on Frost or the team/program.

Was trying to read it last night, but ran into several posts about how it’s the fault of fans for putting too much pressure on Frost with their negativity and because of these bad fans he is pressing. Therefore good fans need to be totally positive so he can relax and be the best Frost he can be. I managed not to hurl on my keyboard... barely.

Wow. Like what fans post on a message board affects Frost's coaching and confidence LOL

Wow. Like what fans post on a message board affects Frost's coaching and confidence LOL
I guess I was crazy to think that these HC jobs in football paid so much because the guy is expected to thrive in a pressure cooker environment.

Apparently these coaches can only do well if they get constant positive reinforcement and patience from fans.

Goddamn. people are so stupid. I’m going to let that post ride and not edit it for the laughs
Dude I have been posting on this site for the better part of 20 years. Are you really that unaware?

I was confused too so I’m the dip**** here. I was confused because I thought you were a CU fan but you didn’t preface it with anything so it looked like your thoughts. Lol

Dude I have been posting on this site for the better part of 20 years. Are you really that unaware?
Yeah, I confused you with the guy who has a CU or Buff in his name along with his eastern Colorado town.
Sorry, your posting has sort of not made an impact on me!

I was joking

Yeah, I confused you with the guy who has a CU or Buff in his name along with his eastern Colorado town.
Sorry, your posting has sort of not made an impact on me!

I was joking
He’d make an impact if you’d ever had a discussion around some science related topic. Dude can’t distinguish between lift, thrust and his ass.

This thread is epic. Approaching 8000 posts demonstrating the larger than life envy that Colorado Buffalo fans have towards the ****braska Football program. Especially today.

Enjoy the last 2 wins vs ****braska. They give you all something to live for the next few seasons.

Now carry on with the regularly scheduled hate.

**** ****braska!
Says the guy who took the time to join the message board of a team who's "not their rival"

This thread is epic. Approaching 8000 posts demonstrating the larger than life envy that Colorado Buffalo fans have towards the ****braska Football program. Especially today.

Enjoy the last 2 wins vs ****braska. They give you all something to live for the next few seasons.

Now carry on with the regularly scheduled hate.

**** ****braska!

You call it envy or obsession. We call it schadenfreude.

I could see McCaffrey transferring. We know that family thinks a lot of themselves and why would he sit the bench behind a QB as inept as martinez?
I could actually see his um brother possibly entering the portal also.

I could see McCaffrey transferring. We know that family thinks a lot of themselves and why would he sit the bench behind a QB as inept as martinez?
I could actually see his um brother possibly entering the portal also.

I actually don’t think Martinez is a bad QB. I just don’t think he is anywhere near the elite level that he has been hyped.

I actually don’t think Martinez is a bad QB. I just don’t think he is anywhere near the elite level that he has been hyped.

Justin Fields is the QB Nebraska thought Adrian Martinez was. At least that thought kept creeping up watching that beatdown on Saturday.

I think Martinez is a great QB for 1996. The fuskers and their fans have this obsession with trying to turn the clock back to an era that is long gone.

Martinez would have been outstanding in that era. Unfortunately for him and them defenses are now to fast to the ball and teams are no longer allowed to use the blocking techniques that made those offenses possible.

I hope this isn't the case because I don't wish injury on anyone but his style of play and the lack of talent around him is an invitation to getting his legs twisted and hurt.

Back