What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

“I’ll tell you what’s a competitive advantage: Ohio State’s schedule compared to ****braska’s. That’s a competitive advantage, and that’s something the conference should control.” - ****braska AD Bill Moos.

Citing a tough upcoming slate of crossover games with Big Ten East opponents, Frost is said to have asked for more games against teams like Indiana, rather than the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State.

View attachment 41283

Exactly what I said in my earlier posts! Now Indiana is really good, and he cannot beat Illinois or Northwestern.

Frost is a bad coach who is getting worse as the despair of losing keeps piling on but make no mistake.
Nebraska doesn't suck because of Frost, they suck because they are Nebraska.
At this point it wouldn't matter who the coach is their glory days are gone and aren't going to return.
Piling on Frost is fun because he is a dueche but replacing him won't change anything. They will still be a bunch of whining losers living in the past.
They have nothing else to hold onto.

I feel like this also severely limits their HC candidate pool going into their next hire. If their golden boy, who was the hottest coach on the market, couldn’t even have mild success there, what coach with options is going to agree to go there?

Craig Bohl might be their best option, which also might actually turn out better than Frost, but nobody of note is going to seriously consider that job

I feel like this also severely limits their HC candidate pool going into their next hire. If their golden boy, who was the hottest coach on the market, couldn’t even have mild success there, what coach with options is going to agree to go there?

Craig Bohl might be their best option, which also might actually turn out better than Frost, but nobody of note is going to seriously consider that job

Nebraska is caught in a paradox: The institution and the fans view themselves as a blueblood program (or at least a perennial top-20 program). They fund their program at that level. They are not, however, what they think they are. This doesn't mean they can't be successful, they just have to do it like every other non-blueblood program--accept that they will not recruit like Ohio State and find coaches that can win with that understanding. It's not rocket science, but they will never get there until they admit who they are.

Probably true about limiting their candidate pool. Jobs like South Carolina, and if open, Tennessee and VT would be more desirable. And certainly Michigan and PSU if they open up.

EDIT: Although I don't think Tennessee opens up

Bohl would make sense being a Nebraska guy

Last edited:
****braska is caught in a paradox: The institution and the fans view themselves as a blueblood program (or at least a perennial top-20 program). They fund their program at that level. They are not, however, what they think they are. This doesn't mean they can't be successful, they just have to do it like every other non-blueblood program--accept that they will not recruit like Ohio State and find coaches that can win with that understanding. It's not rocket science, but they will never get there until they admit who they are.
Pelini had them playing at their modern day ceiling and they fired him, so you’re probably right. I bet they’d love to be winning 8-10 games/year right now, but know that they would start talking about who can “get them over the hump and in the CFP conversation”.

Does Craig Bohl even look at that gig?

Does Craig Bohl even look at that gig?
If he wants a P5 job, yes. My point was there’s no P5 HC making the move to Nebraska, and no elite P5 coordinator is going to choose Nebraska after watching this failure from Frost. Even elite G5 HCs aren’t going to touch it.

Mediocre G5 HCs and middling P5 coordinators is their pool now, IMO. Their best bet might actually be taking a risk on a recruiting ace position coach from a big tent program.

If he wants a P5 job, yes. My point was there’s no P5 HC making the move to ****braska, and no elite P5 coordinator is going to choose ****braska after watching this failure from Frost. Even elite G5 HCs aren’t going to touch it.

Mediocre G5 HCs and middling P5 coordinators is their pool now, IMO. Their best bet might actually be taking a risk on a recruiting ace position coach from a big tent program.

I forgot he was actually born in Lincoln. He'll go back there if they're interested.......but I think Frost is going to be there a while.

To quote my Buff alum father when I asked him if he thought Frost was anywhere near the hot seat yesterday-"Leave him alone! He's doing great!"

I forgot he was actually born in Lincoln. He'll go back there if they're interested.......but I think Frost is going to be there a while.

To quote my Buff alum father when I asked him if he thought Frost was anywhere near the hot seat yesterday-"Leave him alone! He's doing great!"
I think he’s gone after next season if they aren’t in a bowl game. That’d be 4 straight years of no postseason and sub-.500 record. Even Frost isn’t going to get a longer leash than that

Where was he running to? Looked like he was confused and still gained 20 yards!
Frost’s assistants are not up to this level, and you wonder if he can ever accept that
He wasn't confused, he was setting up his blocker so he could go to his left after that lone fusker rusher was screened off!

Did you forget the dumb fuskers already thumbed their noses at Bohl when he was having success at No Dak St.???
Gonna take a whole lot of ga-ron-teed $$$ to lure him back, unless he's got a strong steak of pride left!

Frost has a 9 YEAR CONTRACT. Doubt they could afford the buyout any time soon (especially next year)

goodfellas GIF

Eh, they have unlimited money for football in Lincoln and it’s going to end up costing them more in the way of fan disappointment, recruiting, etc to keep him.
I dunno, even corn farmers have a limit on how much good money to throw after bad! Unless they're curious to see how that cavernous, Stalinesque tomb, they call "Memorial Stadium" looks half-empty, on a regular basis?

****ting the bed in Wyoming? His first two seasons weren’t good but he’s 31-24 the last 4 1/2 seasons and 2-1 in bowl games. That’s not elite obviously but it’s not ****ting the bed.
They just lost to CSU. Anybody who loses to CSU is, by definition, ****ting the bed. Plus, they’ve gotten worse every year he’s been there.

****braska is caught in a paradox: The institution and the fans view themselves as a blueblood program (or at least a perennial top-20 program). They fund their program at that level. They are not, however, what they think they are. This doesn't mean they can't be successful, they just have to do it like every other non-blueblood program--accept that they will not recruit like Ohio State and find coaches that can win with that understanding. It's not rocket science, but they will never get there until they admit who they are.

Really good football people know that Frost is a fraud. He was hot, but there was always an asterisk next to his short run of success at UCF, which was that he won with the other coaches players.

Dan Hawkins was a hot coach also., For a time.

Assuming your next coach comes from a pool of knowledgeable football coaches, Frost's ineptitude will be obvious to all and this not limit the pool.

NCAA paying kids to endorse "Johnny's Used Cars" could allow Nebraska to once again buy talent. It's why I'm against it. Provide a stipend to every player equally, but do not allow endorsement deals as it will immediately be abused by boosters.

It sure is a good thing that the UN Regents voted to get rid of the UNO Maverick football program when they moved to D1 back in 2011, otherwise the State of Nebraska might have a respectable program to root for.

Back