What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

When Scott Frost said he wanted to take the cornhole program back to how it was when he was there, I didn't think he was referring to hiding in closets while your teammate sexually assaults a woman, but here we are...

When Scott Frost said he wanted to take the cornhole program back to how it was when he was there, I didn't think he was referring to hiding in closets while your teammate sexually assaults a woman, but here we are...
It's the "Coach says he's not guilty" defense.

What a slimball program in a slimeball state.

Just curious. If these two young Black males had been on trial for sexual assault in Nebraska but had not been associated with the fuskers football program how many minutes would the jury have taken to convict them on all charges?

It's the "Coach says he's not guilty" defense.

What a slimball program in a slimeball state.

Just curious. If these two young Black males had been on trial for sexual assault in ****braska but had not been associated with the ****ers football program how many minutes would the jury have taken to convict them on all charges?
I doubt it would be even one minute.

Given the news about a potential Super League for the best teams in European soccer, there has been a lot of discussion about which teams would be included in a Super League for college football. These discussions generally revolve around the top 15 or so teams and brands in the sport. Nebraska does not seem to make the cut, which warms my heart. That program is in pretty deep trouble--they seem to be more likely to end up like Purdue than Ohio State any time soon.

CFP Super League

Check out this Twitter handle. Pretty funny stuff. Apologies if previously shared (I hadn’t seen in this thread).

That tweet on biggest wins is really telling. Frost is complete garbage. I almost root for some success because just a glimmer of success would likely result in a long term extension, further sealing their fate.

Near the end of 2019's disappointing five-win, seven-loss season, Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos tacked on two more years to Frost's contract. The former Nebraska quarterback will now be paid $5 million a year through the 2026 season. His buyout is $5 million if he leaves by the end of 2024

I run hot and cold on them winning “just enough” to keep Frost. Right now I’m in the “**** them, they’re going to be paying him regardless so... **** them” camp.

**** them. I hope they lose every game and still give Frost an extension because he has them on a great trajectory. And I’ve heard that trajectory is all that’s important.

Regardless of what happens in 2021 (unless he wins one or two games), he is back for part or all of 2022. After that, I think all bets are off.

Them winning one or two games is a distinct possibility.

crisis fest amazing and shitty GIF by Sunflower Bean

I run hot and cold on them winning “just enough” to keep Frost. Right now I’m in the “**** them, they’re going to be paying him regardless so... **** them” camp.

**** them. I hope they lose every game and still give Frost an extension because he has them on a great trajectory. And I’ve heard that trajectory is all that’s important.
Regardless of what happens in 2021 (unless he wins one or two games), he is back for part or all of 2022. After that, I think all bets are off.
Since I didn't do the Other Games threads this past season I have a few stored up thoughts, please indulge me a moment of your time.

I want them to keep him just because it is entertaining to see them attempt to rationalize the idea that their savior is "building" a winning program when it is so clear that they are probably worse than they were when he came.

In the long run though it doesn't matter. They are a broken program and the parts aren't available to fix them no matter who the coach is. A lot of that broken happened about 20 years ago in the 62-36 game. It's gotten bad enough that you can't even find a kid who cries when they get blown out, again.

The rest of the breakage is a combination of things that also aren't going to change. When they left the B12 for the B1G it also meant that they left having regular games in their most productive recruiting area of Texas and surrounding states. Now they aren't in front of those kids and those kids parents don't want to travel all the way to Stinkoln just to see their sons play.

It has now been so long since they mattered that none of the kids they recruit put any weight on the "Glory days" of the program. To these kids those days are ancient history and as relevant as the titles that Army and Yale have.

In exchange for Texas they picked up the Midwest as a bigger recruiting emphasis but those kids just keep seeing them lose. Hard to build momentum when you are losing by 24+ points a game to tOSU, Wisconsin, etc. Hard to feel you are getting any better when you lose every year, home or away, to neighboring Iowa and lose big to Minnesota as well as multiple other conference schools. The Corn have become the program everyone looks for on the schedule to plan homecoming around. Now the MAC schools are asking if they can have their turns as well.

They can't sell kids on tradition, on playing close to home, on a great place to go to school as the weather is miserable and the school is mediocre at best. No wonder they can't even keep the kids they do get to go there. The only recruits who stay in Nebraska anymore are the ones who manage to get incarcerated there.

No, it isn't going to matter who the coach is they are still going to suck.

For this reason sooner or later when Scott Frosting is scraped off the cupcakes it will be another entertaining episode of how much groveling will they have to do to find a sucker to take their money.

The last couple searches before Frosty they went in with grand intentions and ended up taking whoever they could get. They managed to get Mike Riley by blowing his salary out of the water and because he knew that Oregon State would never have the resources to compete in the PAC12.

Before that they got another link to the past in Pelini who had been an assistant there and was a coordinator for a big time program (LSU) but who's personality and conduct errors were going to insure that no other big money program would touch him as a head coach. Bo won enough games to get them ranked a few times but he never won a conference title. They claimed that his firing was because of mistreating athletes but that had never been a problem before. More likely it came as a result of him banging the trophy wife of a big booster.

So who is next? Who can they find that is stupid willing to take on a job that is likely to be a career killer in exchange for ridiculous amounts of money. Will it be a retread who had a good year or two someplace else before bailing out? Will it be another former member of the family with unfounded fantasies or restoring the "old ways" and bringing back the glory? Most likely it will be somebody who could never dream of getting paid that much money to take over the burning tire dumpster that is that program.

Lots of reasons to be sad and worried about this world but at least we will always have reason to laugh at the losers in red polyester.

Nebraska can't easily get those local and regional kids like in the past especially with Iowa State & Minnesota showing some life of late and then you got that Missouri Valley Football Conference in FCS. They might be FCS but there is no doubt that there are better football teams in that conference than the MAC & even some MWC teams. You have four Dakota schools, three Illinois schools, and Northern Iowa who can provide playing time that they might not find at Nebraska. In the past you had the four Dakota schools and Western Illinois as D2 schools and then they moved up to FCS. That meant more than 100 scholarships became available to those kids that Nebraska could have relied on in the past for quality depth. Those kids can go to those MVFC schools and play some solid competition...why bother being part of a slumping Husker football program?

This is where Frost wants to go but he's going to have to really work his tail off in that region to win kids over. And while they are on campus he has to retain them instead of seeing them go to other Big 12 schools like the Kansas schools and Iowa State or the MVFC. It doesn't matter if you can get kids from Texas or not if you can't win the recruiting battles in your own backyard.

Since I didn't do the Other Games threads this past season I have a few stored up thoughts, please indulge me a moment of your time.

I want them to keep him just because it is entertaining to see them attempt to rationalize the idea that their savior is "building" a winning program when it is so clear that they are probably worse than they were when he came.

In the long run though it doesn't matter. They are a broken program and the parts aren't available to fix them no matter who the coach is. A lot of that broken happened about 20 years ago in the 62-36 game. It's gotten bad enough that you can't even find a kid who cries when they get blown out, again.

The rest of the breakage is a combination of things that also aren't going to change. When they left the B12 for the B1G it also meant that they left having regular games in their most productive recruiting area of Texas and surrounding states. Now they aren't in front of those kids and those kids parents don't want to travel all the way to Stinkoln just to see their sons play.

It has now been so long since they mattered that none of the kids they recruit put any weight on the "Glory days" of the program. To these kids those days are ancient history and as relevant as the titles that Army and Yale have.

In exchange for Texas they picked up the Midwest as a bigger recruiting emphasis but those kids just keep seeing them lose. Hard to build momentum when you are losing by 24+ points a game to tOSU, Wisconsin, etc. Hard to feel you are getting any better when you lose every year, home or away, to neighboring Iowa and lose big to Minnesota as well as multiple other conference schools. The Corn have become the program everyone looks for on the schedule to plan homecoming around. Now the MAC schools are asking if they can have their turns as well.

They can't sell kids on tradition, on playing close to home, on a great place to go to school as the weather is miserable and the school is mediocre at best. No wonder they can't even keep the kids they do get to go there. The only recruits who stay in ****braska anymore are the ones who manage to get incarcerated there.

For this reason sooner or later when Scott Frosting is scraped off the cupcakes it will be another entertaining episode of how much groveling will they have to do to find a sucker to take their money.

The last couple searches before Frosty they went in with grand intentions and ended up taking whoever they could get. They managed to get Mike Riley by blowing his salary out of the water and because he knew that Oregon State would never have the resources to compete in the PAC12.

Before that they got another link to the past in Pelini who had been an assistant there and was a coordinator for a big time program (LSU) but who's personality and conduct errors were going to insure that no other big money program would touch him as a head coach. Bo won enough games to get them ranked a few times but he never won a conference title. They claimed that his firing was because of mistreating athletes but that had never been a problem before. More likely it came as a result of him banging the trophy wife of a big booster.

So who is next? Who can they find that is stupid willing to take on a job that is likely to be a career killer in exchange for ridiculous amounts of money. Will it be a retread who had a good year or two someplace else before bailing out? Will it be another former member of the family with unfounded fantasies or restoring the "old ways" and bringing back the glory? Most likely it will be somebody who could never dream of getting paid that much money to take over the burning tire dumpster that is that program.

Lots of reasons to be sad and worried about this world but at least we will always have reason to laugh at the losers in red polyester.
A truly Mountainous post!

They can't sell kids on tradition, on playing close to home, on a great place to go to school as the weather is miserable and the school is mediocre at best. No wonder they can't even keep the kids they do get to go there. The only recruits who stay in ****braska anymore are the ones who manage to get incarcerated there.

Frosty is going to be fine. He's already knocked up that wife (I mean hooker) of his once..........so I'm sure she'll be back to work as soon as his buyout money when he inevitably gets canned runs out.

Frosty is going to be fine. He's already knocked up that wife (I mean hooker) of his once..........so I'm sure she'll be back to work as soon as his buyout money when he inevitably gets canned runs out.
He lives in the stinkhole, it is almost impossible to spend that much money.

He was a millionaire before he left Florida. When he got to his current scam he has been collecting $5 milliion a year (but being the generous fusker he is he gave back a giant $167,000 this year to help with the Covid budget shortages. In addition to that he is still a "legend" among the polyester crowd and he is making a bunch endorsing car dealerships, implement and seed dealers,

Even spending money left and right she isn't going to spend him broke. She will likely stay with him for life unless he lets a friend or one of the players drag her down the stairs while Frosty hides in a closet.

Back