What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

I had an assistant football coach who was also the head wrestling coach for my high school and he was an UNO grad who was part of that wrestling program that got axed. That was something that didn't go down very well with the UNO folks.

He raised $100M at UNO that also included a new on-campus arena for not only basketball but their hockey team not unlike the Denver University arena. New softball & baseball stadiums. UNO didn't skimp out on the artificial turf for their soccer programs as it has the highest FIFA rating for such a surface. You have to wonder how much of that money was fueled by the move from D2 to D1 which comes with increased revenue.

The Huskers have their Go Big fundraising and they are still soliciting funds for phase 2 of that project. Perhaps Trev Alberts was hired to get that done and in terms of facilities, I don't think there is much to do but he's not afraid to make unpopular moves just like at UNO when he axed football & wrestling.

Bill Moos left WSU athletics in the red and I wouldn't be surprised if the Huskers are swimming in the red which is something Trev will have to clean up. No doubt one of his first things is to come up with the $ to sent Frosty packing if things continue downward for football.

Wait, they hired one of the most unpopular players in program history to help with fundraising?

louise belcher laughing GIF

I had an assistant football coach who was also the head wrestling coach for my high school and he was an UNO grad who was part of that wrestling program that got axed. That was something that didn't go down very well with the UNO folks.

He raised $100M at UNO that also included a new on-campus arena for not only basketball but their hockey team not unlike the Denver University arena. New softball & baseball stadiums. UNO didn't skimp out on the artificial turf for their soccer programs as it has the highest FIFA rating for such a surface. You have to wonder how much of that money was fueled by the move from D2 to D1 which comes with increased revenue.

The ****ers have their Go Big fundraising and they are still soliciting funds for phase 2 of that project. Perhaps Trev Alberts was hired to get that done and in terms of facilities, I don't think there is much to do but he's not afraid to make unpopular moves just like at UNO when he axed football & wrestling.

Bill Moos left WSU athletics in the red and I wouldn't be surprised if the ****ers are swimming in the red which is something Trev will have to clean up. No doubt one of his first things is to come up with the $ to sent Frosty packing if things continue downward for football.

They've gotta be in the red, but so is every athletic department in the country right now. I don't see how they don't have to keep Frost a little longer than they want to (thinking 2024's probably the earliest they can make a change) if he doesn't turn it around.

Moos was shown the door because he wants to run a clean program. In the new era of NIL, they need a snake oil salesman to run the AD because it's time to get those farmers and tractor dealers sponsoring some football players! Trev can sell that.

The best they could do was hire an AD from a school which plays in the Summit League and hasn't had a football team in 10 years. But hey, at least he was a pretty good football player in the early 90s in Lincoln.
Seems like they’re trying to go the USC route of recycling old school heroes. But instead of being good and getting bad while doing it, they’re bad and seemingly will be getting worse; which is awesome.

The ****ers have their Go Big fundraising and they are still soliciting funds for phase 2 of that project. Perhaps Trev Alberts was hired to get that done and in terms of facilities, I don't think there is much to do but he's not afraid to make unpopular moves just like at UNO when he axed football & wrestling.

Bill Moos left WSU athletics in the red and I wouldn't be surprised if the ****ers are swimming in the red which is something Trev will have to clean up. No doubt one of his first things is to come up with the $ to sent Frosty packing if things continue downward for football.
All this effort and UNO was/is the perfect definition of mediocre in every sport.

All this effort and UNO was/is the perfect definition of mediocre in every sport.

Yeah even if the facilities were built and other than the Go Big project, Nebraska has usually kept their sports facilities up to date. It's about hiring the right coaches and I'm skeptical when it comes to Trev Alberts.

Seems like they’re trying to go the USC route of recycling old school heroes. But instead of being good and getting bad while doing it, they’re bad and seemingly will be getting worse; which is awesome.
With the exception of Callahan and Riley that has been all they have done since the 1960's.

In 1962 they hired Devaney (who was their fourth choice and almost turned them down to stay at Wyoming.) Osborne was a Devaney assistant from the start then took over.

Other than the exceptions listed above every coaching hire since then was either an Osborne assistant or former player (or both.)

For ADs the only two without strong ties were Byrne and Moos. During the time that Byrne had the title Osborn was the one with final say on most issues.

They can't let go of the glory days despite what their record and their eyes are telling them.

Back