What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs Minnesota game Thread

No. But (and I know this is going to go over like having someone **** in your mouth), but I’m in Austin right now on a college tour for my daughter. We went to game last night v Rice - there were about 95,000 people there, it was rocking, and crazy fun. The whole town was buzzing with burnt Orange even after that **** show they threw v Arkansas. Point being, I was 1/2 jealous and 1/2 excited for another team to root for (wherever she gets in - UT, UGA, Wisc, Penn State) that plays competent football with rabid fans.
My niece (from CO) wants to go out of state to a big school. She probably cannot get into any of the UCs. She might get into Texas. That would probably be my pick.

Ugh, I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

My niece (from CO) wants to go out of state to a big school. She probably cannot get into any of the UCs. She might get into Texas. That would probably be my pick.

🤷‍♂️

She may get into a UC. They are looking for out of state tuition at this point.

I’m thinking about it. And it isn’t just CU. College football is losing its appeal.
I understand that a little but given the other two teams I follow, I personally am finding it is less about college football and more the buffs for me. Wife is a UGA alum and I also went to Auburn prior to CU. Last night was a lot of fun watching those games for different reasons. I devote most of my time and money to the buffs, but am tired of the lack of progress in 15-20 years. I texted my college friend during the game and let him know I will not be going to the CAL game after all (We were looking at tickets earlier in the week). I really don’t want to live yesterday’s performance in person.

I understand that a little but given the other two teams I follow, I personally am finding it is less about college football and more the buffs for me. Wife is a UGA alum and I also went to Auburn prior to CU. Last night was a lot of fun watching those games for different reasons. I devote most of my time and money to the buffs, but am tired of the lack of progress in 15-20 years. I texted my college friend during the game and let him know I will not be going to the CAL game after all (We were looking at tickets earlier in the week). I really don’t want to live yesterday’s performance in person.
Who the **** could blame you? I see incompetence across the board. If players don't buy into you, they won't give you max effort until they see it from you. Yesterday, it was ****ing obvious.

First off, I want to say that as a gopher fan, Boulder has been kind to our group. Flew in on Wednesday, and leaving tomorrow and loved every bit of your fine city. Great people and many a great drink.

Id like to comment quick on the game and also the overall perception of Minnesota. In my probably biased opinion, based off a very good oline and some talented people at running back, qb, and WR this is not a 6 win team. If you look at their schedule along with their attributes it’s an 9, maybe 10 win team.

Regarding the game, it’s apparent to this former defensive coordinators eyes (at the D2 level), the Buffaloes are easy to guard right now. They have decent speed on the outside, but are not very imaginative with lack of crossers or even screens which would help Lewis get kn a groove. I was shocked with the lack of the use of the RB’s….Minnesota gets shredded when either the QB is mobile or the RB can catch. It’s happened for going on 10 years now. Colorado didn’t do any of that, which allowed Minnesota to rush 3 or 4….and get home. That’s a problem. The other thing Colorado could have done but didn’t is speed around the edges….another issue Minnesota has. They failed to do that as well. Leaving me to ask, what exactly is the identity of Colorado? Run? Pass? Seems like nobody knows.

One thing that has been failed to be mentioned is when CU played the Aggies, per a couple folks I trust they took out nearly 70% of the offense when the starting an went down. That’s a lot. And that’s why I was not completely drinking the Colorado defensive kool aide.

Back to the game, I figured watching the game it was only a matter of time for the Buffaloes to tire on D. Chunks started to happen and the rest is history.

I wish success to the Buffaloes for the rest of the year and thanks again for amazing hospitality.
Highlander….here you go.

First off, I want to say that as a gopher fan, Boulder has been kind to our group. Flew in on Wednesday, and leaving tomorrow and loved every bit of your fine city. Great people and many a great drink.

Id like to comment quick on the game and also the overall perception of Minnesota. In my probably biased opinion, based off a very good oline and some talented people at running back, qb, and WR this is not a 6 win team. If you look at their schedule along with their attributes it’s an 9, maybe 10 win team.

Regarding the game, it’s apparent to this former defensive coordinators eyes (at the D2 level), the Buffaloes are easy to guard right now. They have decent speed on the outside, but are not very imaginative with lack of crossers or even screens which would help Lewis get kn a groove. I was shocked with the lack of the use of the RB’s….Minnesota gets shredded when either the QB is mobile or the RB can catch. It’s happened for going on 10 years now. Colorado didn’t do any of that, which allowed Minnesota to rush 3 or 4….and get home. That’s a problem. The other thing Colorado could have done but didn’t is speed around the edges….another issue Minnesota has. They failed to do that as well. Leaving me to ask, what exactly is the identity of Colorado? Run? Pass? Seems like nobody knows.

One thing that has been failed to be mentioned is when CU played the Aggies, per a couple folks I trust they took out nearly 70% of the offense when the starting an went down. That’s a lot. And that’s why I was not completely drinking the Colorado defensive kool aide.

Back to the game, I figured watching the game it was only a matter of time for the Buffaloes to tire on D. Chunks started to happen and the rest is history.

I wish success to the Buffaloes for the rest of the year and thanks again for amazing hospitality.
Oopsie.

1632670013895.png

Back