What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

The stripes on the field are diagonal, haha.

Edit: Those aren't stripes. That's the railing.

Is it connected to the Suite Levels? If so, will probably just be a wine and cheese crowd

Not to the suite level, but to the club level. Minor difference, perhaps.

It will be interesting to me if they try to sell gen admin tickets to that level. For, say $20, you don't actually get a seat, but you can go hang out in the club level and party deck all game long. Not a bad idea, considering most folks who do that would be buying beer at the same time.

It will be interesting to me if they try to sell gen admin tickets to that level. For, say $20, you don't actually get a seat, but you can go hang out in the club level and party deck all game long. Not a bad idea, considering most folks who do that would be buying beer at the same time.

They would be smart to do that and market the crap out of it. More revenue!!!

for $20 you don't get a seat but you get the privilege of being able to purchase $9 beers!"

for $20 you don't get a seat but you get the privilege of being able to purchase $9 beers!"

$20 gets you in the door, and you might get a seat out on the party deck. Maybe you buy a beer or two, maybe you don't. If it's too cold, you can hang out in the club level and watch the game from inside. Really, not that horrible of a deal.

Somehow the Rockies were able to market this idea successfully.

College football and MLB are two very different products. The concept is solid, though. It might not work very well for late season games unless they put those giant space heaters out there.

College football and MLB are two very different products. The concept is solid, though. It might not work very well for late season games unless they put those giant space heaters out there.

I know, I was being half serious. The Rockies will do anything to divert fans' attention from the product on the field. In all seriousness, there are a number of directions RG & Co could go with this area. Cheap GA tickets with access to beer on the patio or in the club level. Obviously some outdoor heat lamps/poles would be needed in the later part of the season, but would be a fun and unique aspect of the stadium.

do they really still have non flat screen sd tvs in the club/suite level? haven't been up there in a few years but if so that's embarrassing...

do they really still have non flat screen sd tvs in the club/suite level? haven't been up there in a few years but if so that's embarrassing...

The sound system at Folsom is also embarrassing. Things are coming along, but there are clearly still some upgrades that need to be made.

I'm glad the initial focus is on what the team needs for training, meeting, practice, rehab and recruiting.

All the other stuff from sound system to press box is great for the gameday experience and getting positive pub. Some of it (concessions, beer gardens, seating options, CU team shop) will enhance revenues.

This all needs to get done, but the primary focus is in the right place... the improvements that help CU win.

Yes their is and I remember being ridiculed for bringing it up last year

At least I know you didn't just graduate with a degree in English. Those were the days. Now you can complain about everything like a true alum.

attendance is eroding and while the team losing is the biggest reason, rick has to also dump some money into fan amenities, sorry but some of the stuff can't wait. i want to watch the team lose in comfort damnit! :cry:

Sound, and Flatirons club, are often questioned, and are highly likely to be addressed AMATA. Sooner rather than later I hope.

Given scale of these two primary concerns, sound probably next up. Both are very topical with those pursuing the fix.

We could not have found an AD with more obsession to fix the game day experience for us fans.

It is surprising the campus itself has not taken more of an interest in Balch. THere is so much potential and it can be used for academic space too since there is so much room. I would think the AD would not have to float the whole bill.

It is surprising the campus itself has not taken more of an interest in Balch. THere is so much potential and it can be used for academic space too since there is so much room. I would think the AD would not have to float the whole bill.

There are rumors that Carlson Gym is to be turned into a 300+ seat lecture hall. Balch might be incorporated into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back