What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

The startling view to me, and I have heard Nik say this earlier, when you stand at the northern corner of the practice facility hole, and look towards the SE corner...... Just wow. This is one gigantic project to accomplish in total.

Thanks for posting Darth. Great look at progress here....

And they aren't done digging yet

Wow! Anyone view the construction cam today? I don't get the stairway? I've never seen a stairway built first and then a building put around it. That must be for the scaffolding.

Wow! Anyone view the construction cam today? I don't get the stairway? I've never seen a stairway built first and then a building put around it. That must be for the scaffolding.

yeah maybe it is scaffolding.

stairs.JPG

Just realized, those decks at the IPF that I thought were hollow core precast concrete are actually timber forms. Pretty sure at least. I can't zoom in good enough to tell that much.

Last edited:
RED STEEL GOING UP!!!!!

The next phase of this thing is going to move very quickly with the use of steel structure. Also DBT those stairs are outside the core so I am pretty sure they are just for scaffolding as they go vertical with that elevator/stairwell

Also agree, those look to be timber pre made forms. If you look closely at the IPF cam, you can see the black plastic/sheet metal forms they are putting on top of it. Almost like they are doing a waffle slab.

The shape of the upper levels is starting to come in to focus. Steel goes up so fast. This facility is going to be world class, I can't wait until its done.

For those too lazy to find the link

progress 12-10(1).JPG
progress 12-10(2).JPG

Last edited:
are there any AD jobs that would be a work grant to off set tuition if I decided to transfer to CU

Word from a random encounter says the sound system is getting fixed this offseason

I pray this is true. Part of a great atmosphere on game day is the music sounding loud and crisp with great bass. That may seem trivial, but when 16, 17 and 18 year olds are on the sideline for a game, that sort of thing matters.

I pray this is true. Part of a great atmosphere on game day is the music sounding loud and crisp with great bass. That may seem trivial, but when 16, 17 and 18 year olds are on the sideline for a game, that sort of thing matters.

This. It can't sound like DBTs turntable. Needs replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they putting in a giant sub-woofer?

Are they putting in a giant sub-woofer?
Yes, from WW2

7518_speaker_1.jpg

Back