What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

I hope we get to see what facilities-related presentation they showed recruits last weekend. Methinks it was very well done.

0wos01.jpg

Emailed RG about the latest renders.

He responding by they will be released to the public sometime in January. Says the design team is still fine tuning things, but once they are done the drawings will be shown to everyone.

Can't wait. The thing is really starting to take shape, and I am excited to see the design.

Emailed RG about the latest renders.

He responding by they will be released to the public sometime in January. Says the design team is still fine tuning things, but once they are done the drawings will be shown to everyone.

Can't wait. The thing is really starting to take shape, and I am excited to see the design.

I find it strange to start building and then finish the design.

That was always the plan. They've been focusing on the structural build. The final facade and decisions on some options was always slated to occur during the construction process. Same process as when building a new house, just on a much larger scale.

That was always the plan. They've been focusing on the structural build. The final facade and decisions on some options was always slated to occur during the construction process. Same process as when building a new house, just on a much larger scale.

Buffnik- The interior designer at heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is called a Design Build contract

The structural stuff and the outside dimensions get finalized prior to ground breaking, because they have to lay the foundations. After that though it goes through a series of iterations. Nothing drastic changes, but things do get altered especially the architectural details.

This is opposed to a Design Bid Build contract, where the design is created and finalized, then it goes out to bid, then it gets built. You can probably see where this option takes considerably longer to complete and is typically more expensive.

Design build is becoming increasingly popular as CAD and BIM software becomes more prevalent, it is easier to manipulate, and detect any coordination issues, making the design process not only faster, but enables the designer to work in concert with the construction firm in order to produce a successful end product.

Those are some tall floors. How high are we expecting the ceiling on most levels

Those are some tall floors. How high are we expecting the ceiling on most levels

Rule of thumb is 10ft/story from deck to deck. These look bigger. Maybe 12ft. Keep in mind that HVAC, electricity, and plumbing will all likely be in the ceiling, so what looks like 12ft - 14ft now, could be 10ft - 12ft finished.

Rule of thumb is 10ft/story from deck to deck. These look bigger. Maybe 12ft. Keep in mind that HVAC, electricity, and plumbing will all likely be in the ceiling, so what looks like 12ft - 14ft now, could be 10ft - 12ft finished.

Didn't even think about that. Would have been cool to have 15ft ceilings, would have been ridiculously huge at the point.

first real tangible piece of the IPF going in right now.

progress 12-15(2).JPG

using the preliminary renders, the slab being poured right now just east of the stadium is the office boxes, circled in blue in the render.

Progress 12-15(1).JPG

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_27142535/cu-football-new-facilities-rise-so-does-cost
CU sold $38.7 million in short-term bonds with a fixed interest rate of 2.43 percent. Those bonds are scheduled to be paid off in 12 years with an annual payment of $3.6 million. If the payments are made on schedule, CU will have paid $43.7 million of principal and interest.
CU also sold $112.2 million in long-term bonds with a fixed interest rate of 3.99 percent. It will pay $6.3 million per year for 30 years on those bonds, ultimately paying $189.8 million of principal and interest.

I don't think this is much of a surprise. I highly doubt CU will be making minimum payments the entire time, I guess Ringo doesn't. All comes down to Rick George's fundraising.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_27142535/cu-football-new-facilities-rise-so-does-cost

I don't think this is much of a surprise. I highly doubt CU will be making minimum payments the entire time, I guess Ringo doesn't. All comes down to Rick George's fundraising.
Re: minimum payments, with interest rates that low, there's a pretty good chance that it would actually be dumb to not make the minimum payments (assuming interest rates actually rise at some point in the life of those bonds, i.e. we're not looking at a Japanese style couple of lost decades with super low interest rates). So it pains me to say it, but Ringo is probably right on this one...

I'm also not sure why they would even issue callable bonds at all in the current interest rate environment, so it's even possible (and I would think likely, why pay ~20bps more if future rate changes are likely to benefit you?) that they actually can't pay them off early. Although they could set up a trust to pay the bonds, and once the trust is funded to a level necessary to repay the bonds they could say that the "debt is paid off" - even though technically it won't be.

Cliff notes version: What Ringo reported is technically accurate, but it was shaded in a way that makes CU look bad to the causal reader and /or demonstrates why sports reporters shouldn't try and cover financial stories.

Re: minimum payments, with interest rates that low, there's a pretty good chance that it would actually be dumb to not make the minimum payments (assuming interest rates actually rise at some point in the life of those bonds, i.e. we're not looking at a Japanese style couple of lost decades with super low interest rates). So it pains me to say it, but Ringo is probably right on this one...

I'm also not sure why they would even issue callable bonds at all in the current interest rate environment, so it's even possible (and I would think likely, why pay ~20bps more if future rate changes are likely to benefit you?) that they actually can't pay them off early. Although they could set up a trust to pay the bonds, and once the trust is funded to a level necessary to repay the bonds they could say that the "debt is paid off" - even though technically it won't be.

Cliff notes version: What Ringo reported is technically accurate, but it was shaded in a way that makes CU look bad to the causal reader and /or demonstrates why sports reporters shouldn't try and cover financial stories.

It was the headline that was misleading and Ringo didn't choose the headline. The article was fair, just some douchebag editor wanting extra clicks attached a BS headline.

It was the headline that was misleading and Ringo didn't choose the headline. The article was fair, just some douchebag editor wanting extra clicks attached a BS headline.

That's a consistent issue with the BDC in recent years.

hard to tell at this point how wide the final 'buff walk' stairs/concourse will be between the ne bldg and ipf.

Back