What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

First head coach at an HBCU to be hired at a PWI. Damn
SEC: 0
Big 12: 0
B1G: James Franklin, Mike Locksley
ACC: Dino Babers, Tony Elliot
Pac 12: Prime
Indy: Marcus Freeman

Granted, the Pac 12 had Herm Edwards and David Shaw as well, and we know ASU didn't replace Herm with a black coach, and I doubt Stanford does either, unless they go with Sherrone Moore.

So 5 of the 69 (including Cincy, Houston, UCF and BYU) P5 HCs are black

Fascinatingly cherry-picking, unrelated straw-man juxtaposition of assertions while ignoring the inherent modern disconnect between athletic "transfers" and the academic standing of universities to which they are accepted--not to mention the ability of schools like Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Notre Dame, Northwestern, and many others to surpass CU in both academics and transfer athletes--suggests that your view of the world is far more moronic than those you seek to chide.

And yes, the term "academic elite" absolutely arose from the right-wing echo chamber, that's not even subject to debate. The fact that you immediately equate that with Neo-Nazi's says far more about the present state of the right-wing than the fact that the rest of us noticed the development of the term and its intended implications.
Yeah I'm positive you don't know the application of any of those terms, bit this will contain ad hominen. It wasn't strawman because there's no hidden meaning in the term 'academic elite' you frivolous moron. It's an aphorism for 'individuals in academic institutions who profess elitist ideals.'

You, however, saturated your reply in non sequitur and cherry picking. I never mentioned the origin of that term, so no I don't want to debate you bro. ND is the only school that's avoided consistent suck. But if you don't want me to cherry pick, I won't. Virginia, wake forest, Georgia tech, Vanderbilt, Maryland have experienced suck too. Although 2 of those teams suck is more like Stanford than cal

Yeah I'm positive you don't know the application of any of those terms, bit this will contain ad hominen. It wasn't strawman because there's no hidden meaning in the term 'academic elite' you frivolous moron. It's an aphorism for 'individuals in academic institutions who profess elitist ideals.'

You, however, saturated your reply in non sequitur and cherry picking. I never mentioned the origin of that term, so no I don't want to debate you bro. ND is the only school that's avoided consistent suck. But if you don't want me to cherry pick, I won't. Virginia, wake forest, Georgia tech, Vanderbilt, Maryland have experienced suck too. Although 2 of those teams suck is more like Stanford than cal
I think we should shelve the topic until we suck again. Right now everyone is having fun for a change. @GawainBuff ?

Granted, the Pac 12 had Herm Edwards and David Shaw as well, and we know ASU didn't replace Herm with a black coach, and I doubt Stanford does either, unless they go with Sherrone Moore.

So 5 of the 69 (including Cincy, Houston, UCF and BYU) P5 HCs are black
Did Mel Tucker get fired?

Fun fact!

interim head coach Mickey Joseph, was the very FIRST head coach in The university of Nebraska athletic departments history!

they have been playing sports at that school for over ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO YEARS.

and not ONE team had a black head coach.

to top it off the didn’t even name Mickey Joseph the full time head coach, so one might argue they still have NEVER a had a black head coach in any sport in their “prestigious” athletic department.

intrinsic and extrinsic systematic racism

Fun fact!

interim head coach Mickey Joseph, was the very FIRST head coach in The university of Nebraska athletic departments history!

they have been playing sports at that school for over ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO YEARS.

and not ONE team had a black head coach.

to top it off the didn’t even name Mickey Joseph the full time head coach, so one might argue they still have NEVER a had a black head coach in any sport in their “prestigious” athletic department.

intrinsic and extrinsic systematic racism
Who cares? Worrying about Nebraska or any other school is a loser’s mentality. Let’s win big with Deion. It will be great for CU, great for Deion, and great for the future of black head coaches in CFB.

I think we should shelve the topic until we suck again. Right now everyone is having fun for a change. @GawainBuff ?
Too many on this board take themselves far too seriously, it gets old. Often, mockery seems to be the only option for cathartic relief. For all the weed in Colorado, I would think we'd be able to relax and laugh at ourselves. If MC GWayne is good with it, then it works for me.

And it was just a few years ago that the Pac12 had 5 black coaches

Back