What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Obviously, Deion is going to bring his three sons, Travis, Shedeur, and Shilo.

Travis is the best player on the roster by a mile. He's the best WR. He's the best CB. He's just the best player period on the team. Injuries kept him away for most of the season but when he played, he was way better than everyone.

Shedeur is the 3rd best offensive player behind Daniels and Wilkerson. He's a less polished Bailey Zappe with a worse deep ball but better athletic ability and arm as well as one of the best pre-snap reads in college football, comparable to Jake Fromm when he was at UGA. His post-snap reads are pretty good as well. I would like to see him behind a P5 offensive line and not a SWAC offensive line with two good linemen and the rest being meh at best. Not an NFL draftable prospect right now but could be a 1st rounder with more polish. He's polished but not overly which he would need to be at his zenith as a NFL prospect. Wants to be like Tom Brady and better. That's his role model and also, Tom's model. Honestly, he really is. He's the main guy for the Brady's brand. Needs tape against P5s in my opinion due to his player type.

Shilo is a risk-taker who's not a sound tackler but he's a big hitter with good playmaking abilities generally speaking. He covers a lot of ground and plays hover exceptionally well. His coverage skills are meh and his tackling isn't much to write about but his skill-set is better suited for the Pac-12 than the SWAC.

Cam who's #7 - Cam is a box to box safety without great range. He is a sure tackler who is a heavy hitter and he's smart as a whip and very reliable. His cover skills are probably among the most improved after Kevric. He's a NFL prospect but more of a late Day 3 guy. He's always improving so we will see.

Herman Smith from San Diego - I love this kid's versatility. You need guys like this in the NFL and in college. Versatile chess pieces. Good cover skills. Not a NFL prospect right now but could develop into one as he gets more exp.

Willie Gaines and Kevin Coleman - These two are slot WRs. Gaines is a lowly recruited kid whose only other offer out of JUCO was from a MAC school, I think it was Kent State. He came in and really balled out. Easily JSU's most explosive WR. He could be a legit NFL slot WR with more good film. He has three years left. K3 as they call him is a WR who out of HS was compared to Jayden Waddle and rated by SI as the top slot WR in last year's recruiting cycle. I can see the comp but he reminds me more of RonDale Moore. I think he and Gaines would go crazy if they had an OL that was P5 level and not SWAC level.

Willis Patrick - While JSU's OL is terrible in comp to Colorado's which is terrible in comp to the PAC-12, Patrick wasn't the reason. He was the only OL with any real talent and while he and Tyler Brown did all they can do, the talent around them sucked. Patrick is a solid pass blocker who's lethal at run blocking and very versatile in general. He can be a Day 2 pick with another year of good tape especially if that tape is in the Pac-12. He turned down several PAC-12 teams coming at him hard to play for Prime. My guess is he's joining Prime to Colorado. He just graduated from JSU.

Nyles Gaddy - Another one that just graduated, Gaddy is the most improved Tiger this year. After being the one Prime invited to speak at the SWAC presser in year 1, Gaddy who looked like Tarzan all Spring and Summer played like Jane that season. He came back this year much better. He added bulk (25 pounds). He became an excellent run stopper, a good but not consistent pass rusher, and just played with a high motor each snap and was JSU's best DL by far. He is someone who has bad tape from the first year and good but not great tape this year but does have the measurements and talent. I think another year of good tape, maybe even great tape would see his draft stock shoot to the moon. He's probably the player 4 I want from JSU behind Shedeur, Travis, and Kevin.

Mata who's their kicker. He's extremely accurate and consistent. Doesn't have the biggest leg but is surefire from 40. I would like to see him improve his leg strength as it will be needed at this level.

Question:
1. Wilkerson and Kevric Wiggins - RB1 and CB1 till Travis came back. I do wonder about them since both would have to RS or sit out in Kevric's case. Kevric is JSU's best cover corner and he's the most consistent at short, intermediate, and deep. Hunter is by far JSU's best short and intermediate corner as he's world-class at it right now but his deep ball coverage needs work. Kevric's little brother was recruited by JSU and signed with Colorado (Joshua) and played in 4 games for the Buffs.

Wilkerson is JSU best RB by a mile. A NFL draft pick who's a lot like Utah's Jamal Anderson. He can run, break tackles like crazy, is tough-minded, a smooth runner who plays with pace, can catch out of the backfield, and runs decent routes. He is JSU's best offensive player outside of Dallas Daniels who's going to the NFL.

2. Shane Hooks - While I see him as a legit broader line NFL guy, he's JSU 2nd best WR and could have gone to one of the Bowl games if he liked. He already graduated so he could transfer if he wants. That said, he could easily go to the NFL. It's his choice. I think he should go. The XFL and USFL is still here as is the CFL. He's gonna play football at a high level. He's good enough.

13 guys I would strongly consider from JSU on scholarship.

Some could be as good as what's currently at Colorado but at this level, Deion needs better to win and do damage in the PAC.

Last edited:

Travis is the best player on the roster by a mile. He's the best WR. He's the best CB. He's just the best player period on the team. Injuries kept him away for most of the season but when he played, he was way better than everyone.

Shedeur is the 3rd best offensive player behind Daniels and Wilkerson. He's a less polished Bailey Zappe with a worse deep ball but better athletic ability and arm as well as one of the best pre-snap reads in college football, comparable to Jake Fromm when he was at UGA. His post-snap reads are pretty good as well. I would like to see him behind a P5 offensive line and not a SWAC offensive line with two good linemen and the rest being meh at best. Not an NFL draftable prospect right now but could be a 1st rounder with more polish. He's polished but not overly which he would need to be at his zenith as a NFL prospect. Wants to be like Tom Brady and better. That's his role model and also, Tom's model. Honestly, he really is. He's the main guy for the Brady's brand. Needs tape against P5s in my opinion due to his player type.

Shilo is a risk-taker who's not a sound tackler but he's a big hitter with good playmaking abilities generally speaking. He covers a lot of ground and plays hover exceptionally well. His coverage skills are meh and his tackling isn't much to write about but his skill-set is better suited for the Pac-12 than the SWAC.

Cam who's #7 - Cam is a box to box safety without great range. He is a sure tackler who is a heavy hitter and he's smart as a whip and very reliable. His cover skills are probably among the most improved after Kevric. He's a NFL prospect but more of a late Day 3 guy. He's always improving so we will see.

Herman Smith from San Diego - I love this kid's versatility. You need guys like this in the NFL and in college. Versatile chess pieces. Good cover skills. Not a NFL prospect right now but could develop into one as he gets more exp.

Willie Gaines and Kevin Coleman - These two are slot WRs. Gaines is a lowly recruited kid whose only other offer out of JUCO was from a MAC school, I think it was Kent State. He came in and really balled out. Easily JSU's most explosive WR. He could be a legit NFL slot WR with more good film. He has three years left. K3 as they call him is a WR who out of HS was compared to Jayden Waddle and rated by SI as the top slot WR in last year's recruiting cycle. I can see the comp but he reminds me more of RonDale Moore. I think he and Gaines would go crazy if they had an OL that was P5 level and not SWAC level.

Willis Patrick - While JSU's OL is terrible in comp to Colorado's which is terrible in comp to the SWAC, Patrick wasn't the reason. He was the only OL with any real talent and while he and Tyler Brown did all they can do, the talent around them sucked. Patrick is a solid pass blocker who's lethal at run blocking and very versatile in general. He can be a Day 2 pick with another year of good tape especially if that tape is in the Pac-12. He turned down several PAC-12 teams coming at him hard to play for Prime. My guess is he's joining Prime to Colorado. He just graduated from JSU.

Nyles Gaddy - Another one that just graduated, Gaddy is the most improved Tiger this year. After being the one Prime invited to speak at the SWAC presser in year 1, Gaddy who looked like Tarzan all Spring and Summer played like Jane that season. He came back this year much better. He added bulk (25 pounds). He became an excellent run stopper, a good but not consistent pass rusher, and just played with a high motor each snap and was JSU's best DL by far. He is someone who has bad tape from the first year and good but not great tape this year but does have the measurements and talent. I think another year of good tape, maybe even great tape would see his draft stock shoot to the moon. He's probably the player 4 I want from JSU behind Shedeur, Travis, and Kevin.

Mata who's their kicker. He's extremely accurate and consistent. Doesn't have the biggest leg but is surefire from 40. I would like to see him improve his leg strength as it will be needed at this level.

Question:
1. Wilkerson and Kevric Wiggins - RB1 and CB1 till Travis came back. I do wonder about them since both would have to RS or sit out in Kevric's case. Kevric is JSU's best cover corner and he's the most consistent at short, intermediate, and deep. Hunter is by far JSU's best short and intermediate corner as he's world-class at it right now but his deep ball coverage needs work. Kevric's little brother was recruited by JSU and signed with Colorado (Joshua) and played in 4 games for the Buffs.

Wilkerson is JSU best RB by a mile. A NFL draft pick who's a lot like Utah's Jamal Anderson. He can run, break tackles like crazy, is tough-minded, a smooth runner who plays with pace, can catch out of the backfield, and runs decent routes. He is JSU's best offensive player outside of Dallas Daniels who's going to the NFL.

2. Shane Hooks - While I see him as a legit broader line NFL guy, he's JSU 2nd best WR and could have gone to one of the Bowl games if he liked. He already graduated so he could transfer if he wants. That said, he could easily go to the NFL. It's his choice. I think he should go. The XFL and USFL is still here as is the CFL. He's gonna play football at a high level. He's good enough.

Some could be as good as what's currently at Colorado but at this level, Deion needs better to win and do damage in the PAC.
Do you think we’ll be able to grab the big Dlineman from Jackson who hit the portal or is he headed elsewhere

Willis Patrick - While JSU's OL is terrible in comp to Colorado's which is terrible in comp to the SWAC, Patrick wasn't the reason. He was the only OL with any real talent and while he and Tyler Brown did all they can do, the talent around them sucked. Patrick is a solid pass blocker who's lethal at run blocking and very versatile in general. He can be a Day 2 pick with another year of good tape especially if that tape is in the Pac-12. He turned down several PAC-12 teams coming at him hard to play for Prime. My guess is he's joining Prime to Colorado. He just graduated from JSU.

Question:

I appreciate this insight. You’ve been a great addition to the board!

Question:

Wow...nice writeup, 1pick. Thank you!

Willis Patrick - While JSU's OL is terrible in comp to Colorado's which is terrible in comp to the PAC-12, Patrick wasn't the reason. He was the only OL with any real talent and while he and Tyler Brown did all they can do, the talent around them sucked. Patrick is a solid pass blocker who's lethal at run blocking and very versatile in general. He can be a Day 2 pick with another year of good tape especially if that tape is in the Pac-12. He turned down several PAC-12 teams coming at him hard to play for Prime. My guess is he's joining Prime to Colorado. He just graduated from JSU.

Question:

Who is that guy?

Question:

Episode 7 Movie GIF by Star Wars

Dude was lying. Travis wasn't going to enter the portal at that time. He's waiting till after the celebration bowl. Reporters always trying to break the news that don't know what they are talking about.
You think Shedeur is playing in the celebration bowl? I would assume so because of much his dad/the team care about getting that bowl win but ya never know.

Question:

Ok. I got lost in all that in-depth, very cool analysis: so, you're saying, Shedeur may start over Shrout this season?

Lol somebody show that to coach prime
Sark popped out in all of the Longhorn colors. The blazer on his suit was orange. His pants were cream-colored with a Longhorn orange and brown trim to them. The tie he wore was a perfect accent piece. The shoes were crisp. He even added a Longhorn pin to the ensemble to make sure everything popped.
1670779283983.png

Sark popped out in all of the Longhorn colors. The blazer on his suit was orange. His pants were cream-colored with a Longhorn orange and brown trim to them. The tie he wore was a perfect accent piece. The shoes were crisp. He even added a Longhorn pin to the ensemble to make sure everything popped.
View attachment 56814
That's better than that first picture. That suit he had on looked like something he found at Goodwill.

Back