What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Very arrogant, know it all kind of guy that took off for the NFL and has flopped. Obviously would be better in College, just not my kind of guy. The dynamic between him and FHCMM on the Coaches National Championship Telecast was priceless and was the biggest dyck wagging contest ever. Just want to see a different kind of guy come in here. Plus, we all hate Baylor anyway
There’s a very arrogant, know it all kind of guy that flopped in the NFL doing pretty well in Tuscaloosa right now, and another who did ok at USC for a bit. Not that it’s a recipe for success but not criteria I’d use to Rhule someone out…get it?

Troy Calhoun is one of the least inspiring names out there. Solid coach with zero (known) recruiting chops and a gimmicky offense at a service academy doesn’t sound like a recipe for success. So of course I expect him to be a finalist.
Calhoun already turned CU down once. He’s no dummy, he’s not coming to CU. Although he may use the opp to boost his AF salary again like last time.

I like Calhoun a lot more than you do lol. I'd put him in the same sphere almost as Bronco Mendenhall. They're both good coaches. They're probably Gary Barnett type results at CU-bowls most years. Maybe a conference title. That's fine.

Tom Herman's my number one candidate though and its not close. He could do something really special here.
Who knows who will really be successful here, we’re all speculating, I just have no idea why Calhoun is a real option for CU unless we’re going to run the option and hope to have a lot of 7-5 type seasons with an offense teams aren’t really prepared for. To be clear, that’s a huge improvement over what we have now I am just greedy for more than that.

There’s a very arrogant, know it all kind of guy that flopped in the NFL doing pretty well in Tuscaloosa right now, and another who did ok at USC for a bit. Not that it’s a recipe for success but not criteria I’d use to Rhule someone out…get it?
I agree, just not my kinda guy. If he gets hired and we win, he will be my guy then.
Just wish we could get this right

JFC. A self UBL.

Calhoun already turned CU down once. He’s no dummy, he’s not coming to CU. Although he may use the opp to boost his AF salary again like last time.
The same people who didn’t think he was a good option last time hiring him this time would not inspire much confidence.

Wait so I leave for a couple hours and during that time apparently there was a press conference where Phil was a) present and b) shot down any idea of fixing the transfer requirements which caused MT to dip and generally ruined the mood?

that sounds about right nicolas cage GIF by Saturday Night Live

Re the press conference… I simply can’t believe they are willing to pay $13m or so to make KD and staff go away, without having a plan to fix some institutional issues. I’m hoping they just don’t have specifics or aren’t going to publicly talk about academic transfer requirements maybe being more lenient for athletes or something.
I sure hope you’re right. The USC/UCLA move and the money that is involved had better have opened some eyes in Boulder. We have to stop this naive “we are an academic school” bull****. The stakes are extreme and the future of our athletic program is on the line. This is a big damned deal and the regents and rest of the administration had better figure it out!

Who knows who will really be successful here, we’re all speculating, I just have no idea why Calhoun is a real option for CU unless we’re going to run the option and hope to have a lot of 7-5 type seasons with an offense teams aren’t really prepared for. To be clear, that’s a huge improvement over what we have now I am just greedy for more than that.
We're on the same page.

I sure hope you’re right. The USC/UCLA move and the money that is involved had better have opened some eyes in Boulder. We have to stop this naive “we are an academic school” bull****. The stakes are extreme and the future of our athletic program is on the line. This is a big damned deal and the regents and rest of the administration had better figure it out!
It just doesn’t jive with the stuff Howell has hinted at about his conversation with Saliman and how pro athletics he is, and specifically the transfer stuff. Obviously, I don’t know ****, but I do know that a university that doesn’t give a **** isn’t handing out $13m to fire a staff and then turn around and hire a brand new one that’s expected to work under the exact same failing circumstances

It just doesn’t jive with the stuff Howell has hinted at about his conversation with Saliman and how pro athletics he is, and specifically the transfer stuff. Obviously, I don’t know ****, but I do know that a university that doesn’t give a **** isn’t handing out $13m to fire a staff and then turn around and hire a brand new one that’s expected to work under the exact same failing circumstances
This.

dont give up hope quite yet. phil stepping on his own dick in front of a live audience is nothing new.

it is him, once again, trying to walk some line that won't offend the anti-sports community while at the same time acting like he knows how to bring in a winner.

whomever comes in next will either be so raw as to ignore phil's dumbassery or will get something in writing about how a few things will be done.

the latter will be preferable. l.o.l.

we don't need a ****ing splash hire to get good again-- we jus need a plan. i think an experienced hc like bronco would be great-- he knows what other schools are doing to be competitive and he will have a plan. virginia is a lot ****ing better academically than our dear old CU.

get a candidate in who will sell the vision up the food chain. cut dithering phil's half out the door testicles off through a committed plan...

everyone wins.

youth movement:
HC: Wilson
OC: Marion

I don't know if they would win big, but I think they'd go to bowl games and the team would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
If you mean Zach Wilson, and we set an age requirement of 34 years for our cheerleaders, then I'm on board. Program would be 🔥

The NIL era that’s all of about 18 months old? Wisconsin’s struggles have not been due to NIL
You're not understanding my post at all. The point is they have t struggled in recent years and just need to accept what they are. They are not a top program. They will not become a top program. They should be happy with 8 wins. Exceedingly happy. They're struggled are due to the fact that the bottom of the B1G sucks way less than it did during their best years. They were a bottom feeder prior to Alvarez coming there. The last 25 years is not what they are.

Back