What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon Pregame/Game Thread

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see anyone insulting the players. This is especially true of the offensive line where the "harshest" comments about the players are essentially "I don't understand how the line play can be this bad, it's basically the same guys as the last couple of years who were at least competent."
You missed the comment that was deleted about Wiley being smashed like a bug against a windshield.
Feel free to show me where you guys build up players instead of tearing them down. I’ll wait.

CU should approach the game with aspect of playing time for all. Let everyone play. Some deserve to play after being on this ****ty team for 3 or more years while others need experience. Some of these kids came here for the opportunity to play the " oregons" of college football, let em.
super bowl football GIF by TV Land Classic

Strong participation vibes with this post.

Nope. But you think this doesn’t effect these kids when you put them down? The best thing you have in life is to make some 20 year old kid feel bad? If it was a one and done kind of situation, that would be fine. But it’s constant comments some of you put out there that need to be called out. These kids put in a lot of hard work and make a lot of sacrifices to be insulted by a bunch of armchair quarterbacks who probably peaked in 7th grade.
If a player is trolling these boards on the regular and taking offense, they need to get a life. Or use the time to watch film instead.

If a player is trolling these boards on the regular and taking offense, they need to get a life. Or use the time to watch film instead.
I guess if you need a safe space to insult and talk trash about 18 year old college kids, have at it.

Change Berger’s name to Wileysmom or is that too mean? Trying to figure out how safe this space is
Don’t be a dick. I’m not his mom. But I’m glad none of you are the president of my fan club. I bet you peaked in 7th grade.

Nope. But you think this doesn’t effect these kids when you put them down? The best thing you have in life is to make some 20 year old kid feel bad? If it was a one and done kind of situation, that would be fine. But it’s constant comments some of you put out there that need to be called out. These kids put in a lot of hard work and make a lot of sacrifices to be insulted by a bunch of armchair quarterbacks who probably peaked in 7th grade.
Hi. We're fans. We're horrible.

We're not the most horrible fans, but all fans are horrible. It's what we are.

We have strong opinions about things we are unable to do (coaching/playing). We feel entitled because this entire show is for us, and driven by our dollars. We lack human compassion and awareness. The worst of us gather on chat sites just like this one.

This should be the going in assumption. I'm sorry that it caught you off guard.

You should check out the political forum. You'll find us to be more compassionate in our interactions there.

Don’t be a dick. I’m not his mom. But I’m glad none of you are the president of my fan club. I bet you peaked in 7th grade.
Probably closer to 2nd grade when I beat up a 3rd grader who punched me. It is kind of funny for you to call out people for being a dick while acting like one, however.

Seriously though, I don’t think the players need you to come in here and defend them. It is a choice to decide to play at a P5 school and being subjected to fan adoration and criticism is part of that bargain. The simple fact is that the Buffs have the worst offense in FBS and that’s going to draw criticism. I am pretty sure the players get that.

You talked trash on Rice. Now you are squirming. It’s fun.
Nope. I didn’t talk trash on Rice. I said I didn’t think his comments were appropriate. And I’m far from squirming. I just don’t think it’s cool to constantly trash talk kids who are out there trying their hardest. This isn’t just about one comment about Wiley. It’s been happening all season. Pathetic.

Nope. I didn’t talk trash on Rice. I said I didn’t think his comments were appropriate. And I’m far from squirming. I just don’t think it’s cool to constantly trash talk kids who are out there trying their hardest. This isn’t just about one comment about Wiley. It’s been happening all season. Pathetic.
Better re-read. You had comments on his character. Ones that you would never say to Jerry.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Ha!

We're sorry. Please find it in your heart to forgive us. We'll be better.

lego-movie-awsome.gif

It's a billion dollar industry, dude. These "kids" are actually adults who can make as much money as possible based on their ability to play football. Public criticism of their on-field performance is part of the deal. Quit being a pussy.

It's a billion dollar industry, dude. These "kids" are actually adults who can make as much money as possible based on their ability to play football. Public criticism of their on-field performance is part of the deal. Quit being a *****.
Where do you work? Let me come in and talk trash about your job performance. It’ll be fun.

Where do you work? Let me come in and talk trash about your job performance. It’ll be fun.
Haha I'm more on the Kayvon Thibodeaux spectrum at my current job, but when I do **** up, I'm held accountable by more than some anonymous idots on the internet.

If Jerry doesn’t appreciate it, what makes you think other player’s parents appreciate you talking crap about their kids?
Don’t try to wheel this around. You disparaged Rice. Then lectured us about commenting negatively on players. I’ve got all the info I need on this topic.

out.

You know what’s great? The amount of effort y’all are putting in to show your commitment to talking trash on players for the football team you supposedly love. That’s a great fan base CU has. Make sure to bring your umbrellas to the game, you fair weather fans.

It's a billion dollar industry, dude. These "kids" are actually adults who can make as much money as possible based on their ability to play football. Public criticism of their on-field performance is part of the deal. Quit being a *****.
Less than 5% of CU players will ever make a dime off football. The rest are kids playing for love of the game, their scholarships and most importantly their pride in them selves, the pride their parents feel for them, their love of CU and their teamates. You're way off.

Back