What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon Pregame/Game Thread

Their hard work is yielding poor results. Poor as on worst offense in the nation. So does that mean their opponents are working harder? Or are better? Both? Mix some coaching in there, but canā€™t blame coaches for everything. We support the players and speaking objectively or negatively about their performance in a competitive sport is not ā€œtrashingā€ them.

I do think the kids are working hard. I also think that the staff, at all levels has let this team down. I think there is more talent than the record shows. I think recruiting sucks. I think there are kids that should recruited over. I also like rainbows and unicorns.

And you couldnā€™t make the team.
Normally I would agree with you, but this specific team....

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

Berger- If you have actually heard from your friend that he has seen these comments and they upset him then that is both sad and likely a sign of a different problem. If you haven't and you are just emoting on their behalf then you are likely doing them a disservice by putting these words in their mouth.

I can tell you from first hand experience that players are not surfing these forums. They dont have time for that and also dont and shouldnt care about our opinions on most of these topics.

You seem to be doing some weird chest pounding while standing behind your friends name. I am not sure they would be that stoked on your behavior in this tread if they were aware of it... I am guessing and hoping that they aren't. Its embarassing.

You know whatā€™s great? The amount of effort yā€™all are putting in to show your commitment to talking trash on players for the football team you supposedly love. Thatā€™s a great fan base CU has. Make sure to bring your umbrellas to the game, you fair weather fans.
I consider myself a pretty big college football fan (there are most certainly more who follow alot closer than I do though). However, part of that fandom, I'll check out other Schools team fan sites to see what they got going on, especially if it relates to CU.

I'm not going to debate what is right and wrong when discussing college players, because I typically try to stay away from that (coaches and AD's are fair game though).

I think you would completely **** yourself if you saw what people wrote about players from other fan bases. Like stuff that would drop your jaw to the floor.

You're painting the CU fanbase with a pretty big brush here. There are assholes in this fanbase, just like every fan base. However, allbuffs and its zero star mods are pretty good at calling people out who go too far.

CU is struggling mightily, especially on offense. Like historically bad. I mostly blame the coaches because they really suck at their jobs right now, but not all of that blame can go on them. Inevitably, some blame has to fall on the players who are actually playing the game. It comes with the territory, unfortunately.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. If you have a personal relationship with a specific player then fan websites are not the place for you. You'll go insane. Do what you want, but I can safely say allbuffs is pretty tame compared to the wide world of college football fan sites.

Hopefully you stick around, and if you do, never, and I mean never, open up a PM from a guy named burrito.

Nope. But you think this doesnā€™t effect these kids when you put them down? The best thing you have in life is to make some 20 year old kid feel bad? If it was a one and done kind of situation, that would be fine. But itā€™s constant comments some of you put out there that need to be called out. These kids put in a lot of hard work and make a lot of sacrifices to be insulted by a bunch of armchair quarterbacks who probably peaked in 7th grade.
I hear stuff like this in the stands a lot. Lots of parents of players who get upset when they hear fans criticizing the play of the team. Hereā€™s the deal: we donā€™t go to the games to see them try hard. We donā€™t buy tickets, make donations to the Buff Club, buy branded merchandise and travel to road games to see them try hard. Trying hard is the absolute bare minimum that is expected of every college athlete in every sport. If I want to go see kids try hard, Iā€™ll go to a high school football game. I go to see football played at a high level by young men who are representing the school I graduated from 30 years ago. I havenā€™t seen that in a long time. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever see it again. But please, spare me with the bull**** about how theyā€™re trying hard and the losses hit them hard, too. I already assume theyā€™re playing hard. Theyā€™re also playing like ****.

Last edited:
Nope. I didnā€™t talk trash on Rice. I said I didnā€™t think his comments were appropriate. And Iā€™m far from squirming. I just donā€™t think itā€™s cool to constantly trash talk kids who are out there trying their hardest. This isnā€™t just about one comment about Wiley. Itā€™s been happening all season. Pathetic.
Iā€™m interested in your criticism of this boardā€™s negative comments about players that have been ā€œhappening all seasonā€ considering you joined this message board only yesterday.

Iā€™m interested in your criticism of this boardā€™s negative comments about players that have been ā€œhappening all seasonā€ considering you joined this message board only yesterday.
I think he has a point. Some of the comments about individual players are a little much. I am as guilty as any. Mine was offending post that started Banger's reign of terror. I was out of line. I deleted it.

OTOH, I think we are all pretty frustrated with the team. We all want to see them have success. The admin and the coaches are letting them down, and have been for a decade and a half now.

I think it pretty unfair to say we are always bagging on players. It does happen, and probably should happen a lot less, but I , and others, are often quick to point out the bright spots like Landman, B Lewis, J Brou, Stanley, Woods, C Gonzalez, Wells, Lang (provided he is on campus) and others.

I think that brings us fill circle, most of us think this team is better than they are showing, and it disappoints us. It is also tiresome to be called upon to "support the team" when success is a largely fading memory....

I think he has a point. Some of the comments about individual players are a little much. I am as guilty as any. Mine was offending post that started Banger's reign of terror. I was out of line. I deleted it.

OTOH, I think we are all pretty frustrated with the team. We all want to see them have success. The admin and the coaches are letting them down, and have been for a decade and a half now.

I think it pretty unfair to say we are always bagging on players. It does happen, and probably should happen a lot less, but I , and others, are often quick to point out the bright spots like Landman, B Lewis, J Brou, Stanley, Woods, C Gonzalez, Wells, Lang (provided he is on campus) and others.

I think that brings us fill circle, most of us think this team is better than they are showing, and it disappoints us. It is also tiresome to be called upon to "support the team" when success is a largely fading memory....
Going way over the line with very personal attacks is pretty cheap, but these arenā€™t mommyā€™s little Pop Warner players - they are old enough to be criticized if itā€™s fair. Wiley is 20 years old, heā€™s not a baby, and players can now get paid for playing college football, so I have no time for the people (not you) who donā€™t think fans should ever be criticizing players because they ā€œtry hardā€. GMAFB.

Going way over the line with very personal attacks is pretty cheap, but these arenā€™t mommyā€™s little Pop Warner players - they are old enough to be criticized if itā€™s fair. Wiley is 20 years old, heā€™s not a baby, and players can now get paid for playing college football, so I have no time for the people (not you) who donā€™t think fans should ever be criticizing players because they ā€œtry hardā€. GMAFB.
I award this post one orange slice.

I tend to agree with Redshirting Clayton at this point, but with them also RS Davis, neither Brou, Deion Smith or Fontenot going anywhere, and then Victor Venn on his way in next year, there is still going to be a major log jam at the position. They need to encourage at least one of these guys to hit the portal and the most ideal candidate would be Fontenot, IMO.

Weā€™re going to be getting a preview of what things are going to be like next year, and the foreseeable future, this weekend.
And it is not going to be good. I have said it several times. This is as good as it gets under this staff. Recruiting is going backwards and talent is going to fall off from here on out unless something dramatically changes. We are not brining in classes near what the rest of the Pac12 let alone the P5. It will not get better unless this staff gets religion about recruiting or they are replaced.

And it is not going to be good. I have said it several times. This is as good as it gets under this staff. Recruiting is going backwards and talent is going to fall off from here on out unless something dramatically changes. We are not brining in classes near what the rest of the Pac12 let alone the P5. It will not get better unless this staff gets religion about recruiting or they are replaced.
I have a feeling there will be a decent number of our guys hitting the portal come December.

I tend to agree with Redshirting Clayton at this point, but with them also RS Davis, neither Brou, Deion Smith or Fontenot going anywhere, and then Victor Venn on his way in next year, there is still going to be a major log jam at the position. They need to encourage at least one of these guys to hit the portal and the most ideal candidate would be Fontenot, IMO.

Fontenot and Davis. I just donā€™t see Davis getting much bigger (the base for his r/s plan as a jr?). Fontenot is getting reps, but even when he was RB1 in ā€˜19, he never seemed to break a big run like the RB1ā€™s that preceded him in the couple of seasons before (Lindsay and T-Mac) and superseded him (J-Brou). He is able to get the job done many times, but with Broussard, Smith, Clayton(?), and (incoming) Venn, itā€™s going to be a log jam. Stacks has found his niche.

hopefully Iā€™m wrong (very likely), and the staff will find a way to make it all gelā€¦

Fontenot and Davis. I just donā€™t see Davis getting much bigger (the base for his r/s plan as a jr?). Fontenot is getting reps, but even when he was RB1 in ā€˜19, he never seemed to break a big run like the RB1ā€™s that preceded him in the couple of seasons before (Lindsay and T-Mac) and superseded him (J-Brou). He is able to get the job done many times, but with Broussard, Smith, Clayton(?), and (incoming) Venn, itā€™s going to be a log jam. Stacks has found his niche.

hopefully Iā€™m wrong (very likely), and the staff will find a way to make it all gelā€¦
I'm not counting Venn as a Buff until I see him sign his LOI.....

The young guys will get older, stronger and better. Some will be pretty good. Landman canā€™t be the answer forever.

You donā€™t have a problem criticizing kids who worked hard to make the team and I have no problem criticizing jerks who probably never played a down of football in their life.

Back