What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon Pregame/Game Thread

I don’t follow the connection between having played football and being critical of what we are seeing on the field. I don’t need to have played a down of football in my life to be able to recognize what I’m seeing is ****.
Yep. There are aspects of being a coach or athlete someone will never get if he/she has never walked in those shoes. But knowing the game, what has been successful or failed in similar situations, and being able to tell if someone is doing a good job? That's something anyone of normal intelligence can learn & form valid opinions.

I don’t follow the connection between having played football and being critical of what we are seeing on the field. I don’t need to have played a down of football in my life to be able to recognize what I’m seeing is ****.
It’s the fact some of the comments go too far. If someone doesn’t care about how those constant digs on a player may be hurtful to a player, a family member, or a friend, I guess that says a lot about that person.

You don’t have a problem criticizing kids who worked hard to make the team and I have no problem criticizing jerks who probably never played a down of football in their life.
Glad we got that straight. They’re not children, I will absolutely criticize poor play when I see it.

And if players and their families are getting their feelings hurt by what some anonymous message board posters are saying about them on the internet, then I suggest they get a thicker skin or stop reading message boards.

You know what’s great? The amount of effort y’all are putting in to show your commitment to talking trash on players for the football team you supposedly love. That’s a great fan base CU has. Make sure to bring your umbrellas to the game, you fair weather fans.
Berger, you aren't getting off to a good start here. The #1 mistake of anyone hitting a message board for the first time is assuming homogeneity of posters. You saw a single comment and lost your ****.

Here is my simple advice.

Glad we got that straight. They’re not children, I will absolutely criticize poor play when I see it.

And if players and their families are getting their feelings hurt by what some anonymous message board posters are saying about them on the internet, then I suggest they get a thicker skin or stop reading message boards.
Or you could show a little respect for players who have busted their ass and parents who have made sacrifices to get their children to play at this level and not be rude. Thicker skin/not be an asshole. The choices.

The young guys will get older, stronger and better. Some will be pretty good. Landman can’t be the answer forever.
Possibly. Likely? I wouldn’t bet on it. Recruiting has been sh!t and the early returns from the transfer portal have been, well, pretty awful.

Or you could show a little respect for players who have busted their ass and parents who have made sacrifices to get their children to play at this level and not be rude. Thicker skin/not be an asshole. The choices.
Would still love to see all these examples you have seen where people have gone too far beyond a single post that was deleted. You’ve been on this board for about 24 hours and seem to think this is a place for ripping players. I would suggest you have no clue what you’re talking about and maybe stick around and participate in the discussion for more than a day before drawing conclusions about this board’s attitude toward the players.

fwiw, I had always been of the strong opinion that college athletes shouldn't be subjected to message board attacks. It has been an opinion mostly shared and policed on AllBuffs.

Now that we have the NIL and it's turned into a public-facing job for which they're getting paid, I don't know what my argument would be to keep our policy.

They're not kids. They're not amateurs. Why should they be protected?

fwiw, I had always been of the strong opinion that college athletes shouldn't be subjected to message board attacks. It has been an opinion mostly shared and policed on AllBuffs.

Now that we have the NIL and it's turned into a public-facing job for which they're getting paid, I don't know what my argument would be to keep our policy.

They're not kids. They're not amateurs. Why should they be protected?
Because they work hard and you never played college football…apparently.

You don’t have a problem criticizing kids who worked hard to make the team and I have no problem criticizing jerks who probably never played a down of football in their life.
Your act is getting tedious. Might be time to broaden your thought process or take a break.

So, is it not ok to point out that a specific player is playing like ****?
As for the fair weather fan comment, I’ll say the same thing that I say to the parents who get all bent out of shape: I’ve been coming to these games since the 70’s, and I’ll still be here long after your kid is gone. Where will you be?

As for the fair weather fan comment, I’ll say the same thing that I say to the parents who get all bent out of shape: I’ve been coming to these games since the 70’s, and I’ll still be here long after your kid is gone. Where will you be?
Probably supporting bad CU coaches & administrators regardless of job performance because "former Buff".

You’ve been a fan that long? No wonder you’re miserable.

When y’all wanna talk CU football without degrading players, holler. Otherwise, you’re right, this may not be the place for me.
Would love that. Can you offer your assessment of Saturday's game, and what you feel the keys to victory will be given that the effort and execution of the players has been above reproach all season? Looking for a single post that actually talks football in your long and illustrious history.

Talk CU football and a poor 2-5 record, but leave any possible negativity about players out of the discussion. Yay us!

“Working hard” means **** when you still don’t get it done due to a lack of talent. In return for being in an exposed public position the players get their university education paid for plus now have commercial opportunities to market themselves. When they fail to perform a certain level of criticism regarding their performance needs to be allowed unless it gets personal. Their end of the bargain isn’t to “work hard”, it’s to perform.

When I spend ten hours a day for a week to prepare for an exam and I fail the fact that I “worked hard” is irrelevant if the result isn’t satisfactory. This “work hard” thing is an idiotic misconception.

When y’all wanna talk CU football without degrading players, holler. Otherwise, you’re right, this may not be the place for me.

And again, the phrase "degrading players" repeated ad nauseam. Dude. This site is pretty tolerant and even welcoming of all manner of football opinions but being
so repetitive becomes boring. Boring is NOT GOOD. We get your point, even if it's a little butt hurt and thin skinned. Do you have anything else to say?

If Buff fans are the insensitive and vicious assholes that you imply they are, why hang out here? You must deserve better.....

Would love that. Can you offer your assessment of Saturday's game, and what you feel the keys to victory will be given that the effort and execution of the players has been above reproach all season? Looking for a single post that actually talks football in your long and illustrious history.
Don’t abandon the run so quick. They gave Texas a run for their money stuffing the ball down their throat. Use play action and draws to keep them on their toes. Control the clock, don’t give them the opportunity to run away with the game and get us chasing touchdowns that aren’t there. Stop the penalties. Discipline.

Don’t abandon the run so quick. They gave Texas a run for their money stuffing the ball down their throat. Use play action and draws to keep them on their toes. Control the clock, don’t give them the opportunity to run away with the game and get us chasing touchdowns that aren’t there. Stop the penalties. Discipline.
That was the formula we all expected this year. Plus play action & RPO rollouts to pressure the defense & keep them honest. Instead, we got our QB standing in the pocket afraid to make a mistake & Bru getting like 11 touches a game. Worst OC in college football whose failure was only surpassed by the worst OL Coach in the history of FBS football.

“Working hard” means **** when you still don’t get it done due to a lack of talent. In return for being in an exposed public position the players get their university education paid for plus now have commercial opportunities to market themselves. When they fail to perform a certain level of criticism regarding their performance needs to be allowed unless it gets personal. Their end of the bargain isn’t to “work hard”, it’s to perform.

When I spend ten hours a day for a week to prepare for an exam and I fail the fact that I “worked hard” is irrelevant if the result isn’t satisfactory. This “work hard” thing is an idiotic misconception.
You’re late to the party. It did get personal. The person who made the comment deleted their post after I commented about its inappropriateness. I was asked to delete the quote in my post and I edited it to a basic comment.

I got this one.

CU will definitely abandon the run. Won’t use play action or draws whatsoever. They will make the game longer while giving Oregon ample opportunities to run away with it. The coaches will chase touchdowns that aren’t there. More stupid penalties and complete anarchy will ensue.

Back