What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Resume & Bubble Watch 2021-22

When are NET rankings updated to include today‘s win?

Any chance we climb into contention as of now? Or, would winning against zona tomorrow be enough?
or is our only path to win the Pac12 tourney?

When are NET rankings updated to include today‘s win?

Any chance we climb into contention as of now? Or, would winning against zona tomorrow be enough?
or is our only path to win the Pac12 tourney?
Around 8am ET.

Something I much preferred about RPI was the transparency of the math with real time updates.

My post from a month ago. Hoping:

"there is no way to quantify how much different teams have been hurt by covid: from individual players missing games to schedule disruptions. The NCAA will have and, I hope use, more discretion than any season before. My hope is they over-emphasize the last month/tournaments. Go Buffs!"

Re: East Coast Bias

Maybe the Pac 12 should just bite the bullet and play games at 5/6pm Pacific/Mountain time?

As someone living on Eastern time (as does ~50% of the US population) there's just no staying up for a game that tips at 10 or 11 pm, when you have to be a functioning adult the next morning.

Re: East Coast Bias

Maybe the Pac 12 should just bite the bullet and play games at 5/6pm Pacific/Mountain time?

As someone living on Eastern time (as does ~50% of the US population) there's just no staying up for a game that tips at 10 or 11 pm, when you have to be a functioning adult the next morning.
They actually did more early starts this year. But it doesn't matter. It's not start time, it's the garbage Pac12 Network.

The fact the ESPN is still forcing Michigan into Bracketology and not even as a 12 seed qualifier just shows you how much bias there is. Other teams that are VERY questionable yet still getting too much love:
- Iowa State
- Miami
- Memphis
- San Fran

My post from a month ago. Hoping:

"there is no way to quantify how much different teams have been hurt by covid: from individual players missing games to schedule disruptions. The NCAA will have and, I hope use, more discretion than any season before. My hope is they over-emphasize the last month/tournaments. Go Buffs!"
I think I replied to you a month ago,
1. that part of the change w/ NET rankings is to NOT place additional emphasis on late season games.
2. that there are ways to quantify how much teams have been hurt by Covid. you actually list two different ways of quantifying that.

but #2 isn't relevant to the selection process.

I know where you're coming from, but I don't think the committee should try to estimate Covid impact as part of the "who's in, who's out" decisions. I feel this way because (1) illness never has been a factor in this before, and I haven't heard a case made that Covid should be treated differently (2) the impact of Covid on any given team is/was something that teams themselves have/had a lot of control and influence over; I don't think any teams should get a break because their players and staff didn't follow protocols.

I think I replied to you a month ago,
1. that part of the change w/ NET rankings is to NOT place additional emphasis on late season games.
2. that there are ways to quantify how much teams have been hurt by Covid. you actually list two different ways of quantifying that.

but #2 isn't relevant to the selection process.

I know where you're coming from, but I don't think the committee should try to estimate Covid impact as part of the "who's in, who's out" decisions. I feel this way because (1) illness never has been a factor in this before, and I haven't heard a case made that Covid should be treated differently (2) the impact of Covid on any given team is/was something that teams themselves have/had a lot of control and influence over; I don't think any teams should get a break because their players and staff didn't follow protocols.
You are probably right. As much as anything., I'm hoping. Human nature could get some of these people thinking the 1st half of the season was "tainted". With Covid, there are dozens of ways teams were affected, and I don't think you can really tell who suffered, how much.

Back