What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OFFICIAL: CU vs. Arizona Game Thread 10/19/24

Can somebody explain what 10p, 11p, etc is? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

I follow the formations and watch them somewhat. The main difference that I see is when CU runs it, even just with limited success but a few good runs sprinkled in, whichever formation 10 or 11 that they are in, the quick hitters (i.e. short throws) are 7-8 yards downfield and wide open, rather than 5 or less and covered. The RPO or play-action is respected. Then our offense seems to dictate things, rather than what the D is showing/countering. SS proved over and over when he is 3&15 or less, he can make the plays.

I follow the formations and watch them somewhat. The main difference that I see is when CU runs it, even just with limited success but a few good runs sprinkled in, whichever formation 10 or 11 that they are in, the quick hitters (i.e. short throws) are 7-8 yards downfield and wide open, rather than 5 or less and covered. The RPO or play-action is respected. Then our offense seems to dictate things, rather than what the D is showing/countering. SS proved over and over when he is 3&15 or less, he can make the plays.
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

just caught up on this thread. two thoughts.

1. I know I've posted this before, but I have never encountered a sports fanbase that bitches about officiating during a win -- a dominant win no less -- as Allbuffs. My commie dad used to say "only losers blame the refs" in admonishing me as a sports fan to not do so. Allbuffs is the exception that proves the rule. I'm past the point of it bothering me, but I do find it interesting and out of the norm.

2. @slider , about road vs home, I think you're raising a good question. to peel the onion a bit more (if I was on the coaching staff), I'd start with "do players' girlfriends and other buddies have access to the team hotel the night before the game". Based mostly on college players that I've known, I perceive that as a huge factor into why some teams have more success on the road.

having watched a lot of different footage, I gotta say Hunter was in a LOT of pain. Gamer for being out there but I hope he takes this week off and comes back after the bye.
All his injuries are when he is a WR
He is exposed and people want to hit him hard
Point being that I bet more and more NFL Teams are going to want to play him as a DB 95% of the time, and then add him to passing downs as a WR.
I think he would still get paid pretty close to the WR pool, so it will not hurt him to consider that
Losing Omarion really stings when Travis takes less snaps, although at this moment, Wester and Sheppard have picked up the slack

Back