What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OFFICIAL: CU vs. Arizona Game Thread 10/19/24

Season 5 Wow GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

We've officially been jaybirded. It was nice while it lasted.
You all redacted my post.

I did not jinx us. I never claimed anything for this season. Lol

I don't know if we'll get to 10 wins like we did in 2016, but something I like a lot better about this year's team is that it appears to be getting stronger & deeper every week. In 2016, it started to feel like holding on until those last 2 when the dam broke.
That 2016 team was every bit as tough as Sefo and as fun to watch, and on the verge of coming apart, just like Sefo's foot and the rest of his body.

So identical starts in terms of effectiveness means the opponent dictated it one week, and the next we stick with it despite the opponent dictating the same?

I'm not seeing a point.

A more serious reply. Your data/proof directly contradicts the data/proof that I offered. But maybe my data wasn't the best to support my point. K-State has by far the best run defense in the Big 12. I think that influenced how much we decided to run. I also understand your point. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Screenshot 2024-10-20 at 12.58.13 PM.png

A more serious reply. Your data/proof directly contradicts the data/proof that I offered. But maybe my data wasn't the best to support my point. K-State has by far the best run defense in the Big 12. I think that influenced how much we decided to run. I also understand your point. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

View attachment 77326
Very true, and agreed.

That data is fascinating, apparently the key to staying undefeated in Big XII play is giving up 6+ yards per carry.

Edit: my dumbass read Okie Lite as BYU

View attachment 77326Oh
Oh, hey there OSU...

Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

View attachment 77326
Based on this table, we should continue committing to the run game this week

What was simultaneously sad and impressive was that stat they showed where we have an average of almost 9 yards to go on 2nd down. Obviously shows how inefficient we are on first. But also impressive that we’ve been able to score the way we have while getting off to poor starts majority of the time on every new set of downs.

What was simultaneously sad and impressive was that stat they showed where we have an average of almost 9 yards to go on 2nd down. Obviously shows how inefficient we are on first. But also impressive that we’ve been able to score the way we have while getting off to poor starts majority of the time on every new set of downs.

Kind of goes to Duff's point. It would be great if we could get ourselves into some 2nd and 3's or 2nd and 5's, set up by the pass. Then we are in a position where we are not so damn predictable. And maybe sprinkle in a few runs on 2nd and long.

Go back and look at our 1st down play calling all season. It's absolutely tragic.

Personally, I LOOOOOOOVE throwing WR bubbles against 3 over 2. Gives me a chubby.

View attachment 77326
Are these analytics? Because these look like analytics.

Also - not to be that guy - but to be that guy -

Two of the first seven carries yesterday were from the Arizona 1. Augustave scored on the first drive. He was stopped from the 1 on the second drive. On both of those carries, one yard was the maximum that could be gained.

Comparing that to the start of the K-State game is not apples to apples. I know what my eyes saw. We had some early moderate success with the run against Arizona. We were going nowhere against K-State.

Kind of slimy not the mention that in your post, Robert. I retract my earlier reconciliatory post.

Also - not to be that guy - but to be that guy -

Two of the first seven carries yesterday were from the Arizona 1. Augustave scored on the first drive. He was stopped from the 1 on the second drive. On both of those carries, one yard was the maximum that could be gained.

Comparing that to the start of the K-State game is not apples to apples. I know what my eyes saw. We had some early moderate success with the run against Arizona. We were going nowhere against K-State.

Kind of slimy not the mention that in your post, Robert. I retract my earlier reconciliatory post.

Didn't even call him Bobby or Robbie? Soft.

Back