What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs Nebraska Game Thread

THIS. That said, if we lose to CSU who is pretty mid this year, the staff should be fired on Sunday. That includes HCP. If you can't use the NU loss to light a fire big enough to burn down the entire city of Ft. Collins, then we're done.Y

You are one of the better football minds on this board and so your tone is meaningful.

I just pulled up Washington's game stats vs Oregon State last season since I figured that was an opponent which is close to NDSU & NU stylistically. 18 carries by RBs compared to 28 passes from Penix. There were also 3 runs from Penix for 22 yards, so there was a little bit there which wasn't sacks.

Anyway, I'll take an 18/28 balance on R/P and be totally satisfied. We're a passing offense and that fits our personnel. RB carries as a % of that + pass plays at 39% is balanced enough. Against NDSU we were at 29% and we were at 23% vs NU.

In short, I'm asking us to be 60/40 passes vs RB runs. Which for simplicity's sake is just 60/40 balance of pass calls vs run calls (since the majority of Shedeur's runs were called passes that resulted in a sack or scramble plus we'll mix in 2 or 3 WR runs a game it's the call more than the position or how it goes in the box score).

TLDR: CU has a passing offense and that's just fine. But the play call balance needs to be around 60% P/ 40% R.
Even last year’s Utah game had more balance. 13 rb handoffs and 24 qb pass plays. That just proves the point that 2 is changing run plays to pass plays.

GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Even last year’s Utah game had more balance. 13 rb handoffs and 24 qb pass plays. That just proves the point that 2 is changing run plays to pass plays.
There were 2 timeouts called in the second half of the NDSU game to avoid delay of game penalties because Shedeur was taking too long to process the defense and call out adjustments to the offense. I don't know if those plays were runs that he was changing to pass but ultimately the QB is responsible for getting the play off in time and maybe foreshadowed that Shedeur is trying to do too much at the line, rather than trusting his coaching staff to put him in a position to succeed.

There were 2 timeouts called in the second half of the NDSU game to avoid delay of game penalties because Shedeur was taking too long to process the defense and call out adjustments to the offense. I don't know if those plays were runs that he was changing to pass but ultimately the QB is responsible for getting the play off in time and maybe foreshadowed that Shedeur is trying to do too much at the line, rather than trusting his coaching staff to put him in a position to succeed.
He just does not like running the ball, he sees the chance for a chunk throw as always better than a boring run

Back