What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

Do you have hope again?
im back keanu reeves GIF

Welcome back! (Or at least the Buffs are back and all our mutual suffering is hopefully at an end)

Just one comment on Mel Tucker. Yes, I was pissed at that time, but when I got over that, I recognized it as a massive warning flag to the institutional barriers to success manifesting themselves in a massive way. That proved to be more true in the NIL and looser transfer portal era.

Hopefully, all of that is at an end now.
Plus, turns out MT kinda sucks.

Someone on SM just corrected me for referring to our new HC as "Coach Sanders" saying he doesn't like to be called that. Is that true? Anyone got a link to Sanders saying he doesn't want to be called that?
There was something where someone, maybe on Gameday, where they called him “Deion”.
He responded with “you call coach Saban, “Nick”? I’m a head coach, you can call me Coach Sanders. Or Coach Prime.”
That’s paraphrasing, but that’s where that came from.

edit: here’s the story

Last edited:
How many openings are there on the squad now? My guess is DS would like to bring in as many new players as possible. Does he encourage guys to transfer out?

My freshman year was 1966, so I've lived thru 55 years of CU sports. This is a great time in CU sports history.

It’s ridiculous he is coaching in that bowl game.
You usually want a new coach focused on recruiting and putting together a staff. But this dude was doing that before wheels were even up out of Jackson. He seems like the kind of guy that can walk and chew gum at the same time (unlike some previous coaches).
plus he lost that game last year. Might want some revenge. Let him coach if he wants.

Why? Extra practice for all his new CU coaches and players.
National stage to promote himself and CU.

More importantly, it sends a message about fulfilling your commitments and not only doesn't burn bridges but solidifies relationships vs skipping out on those kids and community. I also would not be surprised if he's supporting TC while letting him run the show as an audition for the JSU HC job.

It's all good.

P.S. What practice? Half the CU roster's turning over and many of the key guys are recovering from injury or even surgery right now.

More importantly, it sends a message about fulfilling your commitments and not only doesn't burn bridges but solidifies relationships vs skipping out on those kids and community. I also would not be surprised if he's supporting TC while letting him run the show as an audition for the JSU HC job.

It's all good.

P.S. What practice? Half the CU roster's turning over and many of the key guys are recovering from injury or even surgery right now.
It was kind of a joke. That he’s bringing the entire JSU staff and team with him, so essentially they would be getting extra practice…something the current CU team doesn’t get.

It was kind of a joke. The he’s being the entire JSU staff and team with him, so essentially they would be getting extra practice…something the current CU team doesn’t get.

The current CU team will have a drastically different look by the time Prime comes here to work with them full time or all alarm bells should be ringing.

It's all good.

You know how there are sister cities and and different sponsor arrangements? I wonder if CU could do a sister program or sponsorship program with JSU to help keep them on the national stage. Might be seen a condescending. I don’t know, just something to make it not look like Coach Sanders bailed on them.

You know how there are sister cities and and different sponsor arrangements? I wonder if CU could do a sister program or sponsorship program with JSU to help keep them on the national stage. Might be seen a condescending. I don’t know, just something to make it not look like Coach Sanders bailed on them.
"Sorry, CSU, but you're kicked out of the family and we have a new little brother. JSU draws more fans to games and, frankly, is much cooler than you."

Last edited:
I didn't go thru the whole thread, so this may be a repeat. DS saying goodbye to his team, Nice 15 minutes:

"Sorry, CSU, but you're kicked out of the family and we have a new little brother. JSU draw more fans to games and, frankly, is much cooler than you."
I've been thinking about this over the past week or so, but I think it would have been cool if CU announced an academic and/or athletic collaboration with Jackson State (or the larger HBCU community) as part of this transition. Aside from providing a PR shield for Deion moving away from a HBCU, it would seem if large university systems are committed to diversity and racial justice that we can find ways to collectively help each other grow.

I don't know if that would fly in the face of traditional HBCU values, but I still believe there are unexplored opportunities. Professor exchanges, collective research, graduate school admission support, etc.

Just spit ballin'.

While this is definitely true, there are plenty of non-Nike Buffs hats around, especially at the book store, if it really mattered.
Maybe but the AD is still under contract with Nike and didn’t have an option to do anything else until that changes

Back