What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere and it's not listed on cuffs.com but what time is the press conference? Thought I heard 1:30 pm today
Can RG get back from his CFP commitments that quickly? Selection show is another 4 hours.

It’s ridiculous he is coaching in that bowl game.
Hes a players coach. So even if hes not 100% CU until after the bowl not abandoning JSU’s players adds to his reputation as a players coach and that probably helps us with the portal and recruiting.

With NIL and the portal we dont really live in that coach-institution era anymore. The loyalty is to coach more than to the program and its been that way for awhile now.

Rhule vs. Prime…….. that’s going to be a good game to watch…….congrats you guys have won the offseason I can see both teams getting to a bowl game next year although Prime might have a tougher job getting cu turned around. All trash talking set aside I was born and raised in Colorado and half my family is CU fans and other half NU fans. I do want CU to get back to doing well…agin great hire by CU

Can RG get back from his CFP commitments that quickly? Selection show is another 4 hours.

So the presser hasn't been scheduled yet?

I assume that RG won't need to stick around for the all that, in fact he should be done with his CFP duties by now.

Coach Prime recycles!

giphy.gif

Rhule vs. Prime…….. that’s going to be a good game to watch…….congrats you guys have won the offseason I can see both teams getting to a bowl game next year although Prime might have a tougher job getting cu turned around. All trash talking set aside I was born and raised in Colorado and half my family is CU fans and other half NU fans. I do want CU to get back to doing well…agin great hire by CU
Is that what they mean by "half-breed"?

SIAP but DNVR has some sweet prime stuff. Probably going to sell out fast so get it while you can.
Cool Prime Stuff! But they also had this which was funny

I didn't go thru the whole thread, so this may be a repeat. DS saying goodbye to his team, Nice 15 minutes:

In the video he mentions wanting to sit down and discuss options with the players, specifically with regard to the portal, so I assume he will be back in Jackson this week to have those conversations. I assume he will ask a few to follow, probably advise 1 or 2 to turn pro, and the rest he will encourage them to stay at JSU to continue building the legacy and getting their degrees. He was big on changing the lives of those young men through football by getting them an education that will lead them to become better men and be forces of change for their families and communities.

I've been thinking about this over the past week or so, but I think it would have been cool if CU announced an academic and/or athletic collaboration with Jackson State (or the larger HBCU community) as part of this transition. Aside from providing a PR shield for Deion moving away from a HBCU, it would seem if large university systems are committed to diversity and racial justice that we can find ways to collectively help each other grow.

I don't know if that would fly in the face of traditional HBCU values, but I still believe there are unexplored opportunities. Professor exchanges, collective research, graduate school admission support, etc.

Just spit ballin'.
I thought the same thing (see a few posts above). I’m just not sure if that would be seen as condescending. But I think there should be some link.

Back