What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread ---- COLORADO vs. UCLA 7PM on FS1

Montez/Laviska/McMilliam are dudes
Lewis and Worthington finally played to their potential
Need a CB to do the same (Abrams?). Not sure it happens this year
What were we doing with the OL? Musical chairs
Crowd was great

Sounds like Montez last year.
Yep. It can go either way, though. Kelly's got such a great history with QBs that I'd expect that DTR will end up improving a lot over the next couple years (or quickly lose his job to a freshman who can execute what Kelly wants).

Montez was 22 out of 26, threw one TD, ran for another, no interceptions and people are “unimpressed”? What more does the guy have to do?

Montez is a gem, and I think he may go down as one of the all time greats. Not just because of what he does on the field, but because of who he is off the field. He is a marketing dream, and if he is able to show a little more patience in the pocket through the Pac12 season I fully expect him to be on the NFL radar. He has a cannon for an arm (his ability to throw outside the numbers, in my estimation, is one clear aspect of a potential NFL prospect).

As far as the UCLA QB, he is a good athlete, but I am not that worried. HCMM understands football much better than the past two regimes. And he says it all the time, athletes make plays. When we have 5-8 guys on the field that are bigger, and faster than the skill guys of the other team, and defensive lineman that can win up front, the RPO is not nearly as effective. There will always be a few plays here or there, but in the end it is a gimmick offense designed to take advantage of misalignment, mistakes and fatigue. I loved what I saw from the offense in the second drive of the second half. UCLA has 4* and 5* athletes up front, and we dominated the LOS on that drive. The Buffs are on their way, I just hope this group understand how to handle the success and play well from the front from start to finish. That type of first half will be a big problem against a few upcoming opponents.
Montez's floor is already Allen, but against better competition, while so far obliterating Allen's completion percentage.

That TD run by Montez in the 4th was baffling in the stadium. None of us on the rooftop understood what had happened. Camera men feeding the boards bit on the fake and so did the rest of us. Looked simple on my tv this am but under-estimated play right there
Same at home!

I saw it on one of the highlight shows last night and it was really impressive on that replay clip. They slowed it down and showed Viska in motion getting a fake for a run around the right edge while McMillian followed with a fake to him for a run up the gut. They had red arrows on those 2 players and how the defense completely keys on them - showing the entire defense flowing and converging to stop those 2 guys. Then that last fake from Montez hiding the ball and slipping out around to left edge with nothing but open field in front of him.

Great play design. Great players that the defense has to key on. Perfect execution. That was a thing of beauty.
Don't forget the beautiful block by Bounds. Not sure if was the OLB or the end, but that was one guy who didn't bite, and geniusly designed, they added in that block.

O-line played a lot better in the second half, but I think that was due to Sherman going in at right (?) tackle. He made some bone headed plays but Tonz looked better after getting f**** pissed at himself for them.

Last note is regarding KD. I don't like how we use him on over the top pass plays, he doesn't seem like that kind of WR. Once Winfree comes back I'm excited to have him on the outside – I believe if he was in KD's spot on one of the defensive offsides downfield shots that Montez took, it would have been a TD.

It is very unpopular to praise Tonz and question use of KD on Allbuffs man, but in the same post? Dangerous living man!

I go back to what I said a few weeks ago, KD doesn't seem to run by anyone (since the bad CSU cornerback) and doesn't really show shake and bake on the screens. Combine that with his diminutive height, and I honestly don't know why he's out there. Tony Brown showed much more last night as he has size, quicks and some shake.

I was really hoping to see some Jaylon Jackson as well last night as I think he brings something different, but Chev seems to be stuck on using small numbers at WR as he did last year.

There's no way that Tony Brown should sit going forward.

Would welcome seeing what KD could do at RB.

It is very unpopular to praise Tonz and question use of KD on Allbuffs man, but in the same post? Dangerous living man!

I go back to what I said a few weeks ago, KD doesn't seem to run by anyone (since the bad CSU cornerback) and doesn't really show shake and bake on the screens. Combine that with his diminutive height, and I honestly don't know why he's out there. Tony Brown showed much more last night as he has size, quicks and some shake.

I was really hoping to see some Jaylon Jackson as well last night as I think he brings something different, but Chev seems to be stuck on using small numbers at WR as he did last year.

There's no way that Tony Brown should sit going forward.

Would welcome seeing what KD could do at RB.

I do not think they use Nixon well at all. Deep outs outside the hash marks? Huh?

I’d love to see more Brown and Ento. KD needs a more limited role or slot like silder wrote.

Reactions: wip
I concur. Putting the 5’ 8” guy outside is baffling. Put him in the slot or maybe put 10 or 20 lbs on him and make him a Maurice Jones-Drew/Eric Bienemy type of RB next year.

we're going to lose this game.

Fan vents in game day thread, holy ****! Alert the press!

You weren't "venting" ... you were just being an asshole. Predicting defeat in the first quarter of a game is just ridiculous. Are you trying to be the equivalent of DBT in the Rockies thread? At least he tries to justify it as posting a "reverse jinx." Is that what you were doing .. or just being a jerk?

You weren't "venting" ... you were just being an asshole. Is that what you were doing .. or just being a jerk?
giphy.gif

For those of you who were watching on tv, was the late hit out of bounds PF on Worthington the right call? I couldn't see at all from the stands.

Disagree about KD not having shake. That's just false, but I've been confused by his being outside all year.

I get that they want to move Viska all over the field, but if that means KD has to be outside, I'd rather see Ento out there.

I don't think Brown is an outside guy either, so it should be interesting to see who lines up where when Winfree gets back.

For those of you who were watching on tv, was the late hit out of bounds PF on Worthington the right call? I couldn't see at all from the stands.

On replay the hit was initiated well in bounds on a running QB who made no move to go out of bounds. But in live action it looked like it could have been a late hit out of bounds. I don't believe that's a reviewable play however .. unless there's a targeting call in question. So I couldn't necessarily blame the refs in live action.

Can't seem to post the video from ESPN. It was not the right call.

I'm still unsure about KD on the outside. It's certainly not traditional for a guy his height, but it does create some interesting matchup problems when he's out there and Viska is in the slot.

I'm still unsure about KD on the outside. It's certainly not traditional for a guy his height, but it does create some interesting matchup problems when he's out there and Viska is in the slot.

But it really does not do much in games. Almost forces either Nixon to completely burn a DB by several yards or Montez to make a perfect throw.

Reactions: wip
Back