What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread ---- COLORADO vs. UCLA 7PM on FS1

Sorry, dude but you're smoking crack. We haven't looked good in the trenches and have so far played teams that are 1 -14.
UCLA has a very talented front seven and we just dropped 38 on them, with Montez only being sacked once and our running game putting up 214 yards. The OL is not a great unit, but somehow they’re getting the job done no? Also, my comment was more about the Pac being garb than anything else. UW and Utah should be physically better than us in the trenches, but are very much flawed teams everywhere else. USC defines mediocrity this year.

It would please me if Viska removed the name Rea Carruth from any mention in CU football historical record books.
1. We can honor what he accomplished as a Buff despite what happened later (says the VT fan who supports Tech keeping Vick's banner in Lane Stadium).
2. Just saw, Wiki days Rae gets released next month.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
1. We can honor what he accomplished as a Buff despite what happened later (says the VT fan who supports Tech keeping Vick's banner in Lane Stadium).
2. Just saw, Wiki days Rae gets released next month.
Odd comparison, honoring a guy that killed some dogs versus honoring a guy that had another person killed.

Not asking that Carruth be removed to change the fact of his play at CU, just that he no longer matters in the football history because someone better replaces him in the discussion and future comparisons.

Odd comparison, honoring a guy that killed some dogs versus honoring a guy that had another person killed.

Not asking that Carruth be removed to change the fact of his play at CU, just that he no longer matters in the football history because someone better replaces him in the discussion and future comparisons.
Wasn't comparing Carruth and Vick, I was comparing college fans attitudes towards former players who disgraced themselves after leaving the university.

I definitely feel killing humans is far more egregious, by orders of magnitude, than killing dogs.

That TD run by Montez in the 4th was baffling in the stadium. None of us on the rooftop understood what had happened. Camera men feeding the boards bit on the fake and so did the rest of us. Looked simple on my tv this am but under-estimated play right there
I saw it on one of the highlight shows last night and it was really impressive on that replay clip. They slowed it down and showed Viska in motion getting a fake for a run around the right edge while McMillian followed with a fake to him for a run up the gut. They had red arrows on those 2 players and how the defense completely keys on them - showing the entire defense flowing and converging to stop those 2 guys. Then that last fake from Montez hiding the ball and slipping out around to left edge with nothing but open field in front of him.

Great play design. Great players that the defense has to key on. Perfect execution. That was a thing of beauty.

I saw it on one of the highlight shows last night and it was really impressive on that replay clip. They slowed it down and showed Viska in motion getting a fake for a run around the right edge while McMillian followed with a fake to him for a run up the gut. They had red arrows on those 2 players and how the defense completely keys on them - showing the entire defense flowing and converging to stop those 2 guys. Then that last fake from Montez hiding the ball and slipping out around to left edge with nothing but open field in front of him.

Great play design. Great players that the defense has to key on. Perfect execution. That was a thing of beauty.
And great set up all night long.

We’re going to be worrying a lot about UCLA QB DTR for many years ahead. Yes, he made errors but that kid is going to be special and once he and Chip Kelly get accustomed to one another, look out.
Maybe. But outside of a great throw on the TD and a hudini sack escape and run on one play, he did not play well at all. I didn’t think he looked good throwing the ball at all.

Maybe. But outside of a great throw on the TD and a hudini sack escape and run on one play, he did not play well at all. I didn’t think he looked good throwing the ball at all.
Radio guys said he missed about 4 big plays that could have been long plays. He learns to hit those, he’s scary.

That's the kind of creativity that haunts opposing DCs all year long.

Our previous OC didn't present that kind of problem.

Back