What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread ---- COLORADO vs. UCLA 7PM on FS1

Radio guys said he missed about 4 big plays that could have been long plays. He learns to hit those, he’s scary.

He did not just miss them, he missed them badly. You might be able to improve that dramatically over time, but for some guys, the accuracy never comes.

Montez is a gem, and I think he may go down as one of the all time greats. Not just because of what he does on the field, but because of who he is off the field. He is a marketing dream, and if he is able to show a little more patience in the pocket through the Pac12 season I fully expect him to be on the NFL radar. He has a cannon for an arm (his ability to throw outside the numbers, in my estimation, is one clear aspect of a potential NFL prospect).

As far as the UCLA QB, he is a good athlete, but I am not that worried. HCMM understands football much better than the past two regimes. And he says it all the time, athletes make plays. When we have 5-8 guys on the field that are bigger, and faster than the skill guys of the other team, and defensive lineman that can win up front, the RPO is not nearly as effective. There will always be a few plays here or there, but in the end it is a gimmick offense designed to take advantage of misalignment, mistakes and fatigue. I loved what I saw from the offense in the second drive of the second half. UCLA has 4* and 5* athletes up front, and we dominated the LOS on that drive. The Buffs are on their way, I just hope this group understand how to handle the success and play well from the front from start to finish. That type of first half will be a big problem against a few upcoming opponents.

Great cat and mouse game in 2H on Viska between Chiv and UCLA DC.

Chiv changed up many, many times at LOS to reset mismatches.

CU signalers and Roper were very busy on sideline.

That did t happen last year.

Fire Brian Lindgren.
The long touchdown was totally "you line up here and do this, Viska, so we can throw you a touchdown".

giphy.gif

I had to watch the rest of the game ( from 2 min left in Q1) early this morning - I woke up at 5 am central time. The later start times kill in the time zone. I tried watching in bed, but didn’t chance falling asleep.

First half was a dog fight. I had a feeling second half adjustments would happen, but it was a completely different game.

I just hope that smack the Scum Devils in the mouth early and often next week. It’ll be a boost to head into LA to face the Trojans with a 5-0 record.

Took advantage of the 2 tix 2 beers deal and headed up to Folsom last night with the old crew, a couple observations:

Yes, Drake is the mf'n MAN, noticed him and Roper being extremely active on the sidelines. He's a special coaching talent and was a great hire.

I was worried with how the 1st quarter went, as UCLA really controlled the clock and we had a couple 3 n outs that could have completely swung momentum, but everything you need to know is in the final score.

Chev has been impressive so far, but his scheme takes a lot of "setting up" in H1 in order to open up certain plays in H2. One play I noticed in particular that was a guaranteed 10-15 yards is a fake jet sweep to KD to the right side of the field with him releasing about 15 yards down and out, followed by Viska running a crossing/out pattern that was WIDE open.

Defense looked so much better in the second half (goes without saying based on the stats), our line is very well conditioned and it shows. Still nervous about DBs as we get more into conference play, but having LB speedsters like Lewis, Taylor, and Landman help that. I don't think NL looked as stellar as he has been last night, but there was one play where it looked like their RB had room to get to the sideline for a first down – his pursuit then tackle to stop him short of the first down was something special that I haven't seen from a CU LB in a long time.

O-line played a lot better in the second half, but I think that was due to Sherman going in at right (?) tackle. He made some bone headed plays but Tonz looked better after getting f**** pissed at himself for them.

Last note is regarding KD. I don't like how we use him on over the top pass plays, he doesn't seem like that kind of WR. Once Winfree comes back I'm excited to have him on the outside – I believe if he was in KD's spot on one of the defensive offsides downfield shots that Montez took, it would have been a TD.

Man....that was a longer post than I thought, CU football is fun and trustworthy again. Let's fix those damn concessions lines though, holy moly.

I had to watch the rest of the game ( from 2 min left in Q1) early this morning - I woke up at 5 am central time. The later start times kill in the time zone. I tried watching in bed, but didn’t chance falling asleep.

First half was a dog fight. I had a feeling second half adjustments would happen, but it was a completely different game.

I just hope that smack the Scum Devils in the mouth early and often next week. It’ll be a boost to head into LA to face the Trojans with a 5-0 record.
Being at the game, you could tell that nobody on the sidelines nor in the stands was nervous. Different feeling with this team. Not cocky, but a quiet confidence.

Took advantage of the 2 tix 2 beers deal and headed up to Folsom last night with the old crew, a couple observations:

Yes, Drake is the mf'n MAN, noticed him and Roper being extremely active on the sidelines. He's a special coaching talent and was a great hire.

I was worried with how the 1st quarter went, as UCLA really controlled the clock and we had a couple 3 n outs that could have completely swung momentum, but everything you need to know is in the final score.

Chev has been impressive so far, but his scheme takes a lot of "setting up" in H1 in order to open up certain plays in H2. One play I noticed in particular that was a guaranteed 10-15 yards is a fake jet sweep to KD to the right side of the field with him releasing about 15 yards down and out, followed by Viska running a crossing/out pattern that was WIDE open.

Defense looked so much better in the second half (goes without saying based on the stats), our line is very well conditioned and it shows. Still nervous about DBs as we get more into conference play, but having LB speedsters like Lewis, Taylor, and Landman help that. I don't think NL looked as stellar as he has been last night, but there was one play where it looked like their RB had room to get to the sideline for a first down – his pursuit then tackle to stop him short of the first down was something special that I haven't seen from a CU LB in a long time.

O-line played a lot better in the second half, but I think that was due to Sherman going in at right (?) tackle. He made some bone headed plays but Tonz looked better after getting f**** pissed at himself for them.

Last note is regarding KD. I don't like how we use him on over the top pass plays, he doesn't seem like that kind of WR. Once Winfree comes back I'm excited to have him on the outside – I believe if he was in KD's spot on one of the defensive offsides downfield shots that Montez took, it would have been a TD.

Man....that was a longer post than I thought, CU football is fun and trustworthy again. Let's fix those damn concessions lines though, holy moly.
Sherman stayed at LT.

It was Kaiser at RT, with Haigler sliding inside to RG. Lynott was a healthy non-starter for the first time in his CU career.

Sherman stayed at LT.

It was Kaiser at RT, with Haigler sliding inside to RG. Lynott was a healthy non-starter for the first time in his CU career.
Starting three tackles, and I might argue all three out of position. But results were there 2H. Odd, odd combo but might be the right group of 5. It didn’t look like it in 1H, but did in 2H.

Maybe. But outside of a great throw on the TD and a hudini sack escape and run on one play, he did not play well at all. I didn’t think he looked good throwing the ball at all.
He’s a freshman. That fade in the end zone was a 100 on a scale of 100. His ceiling is very high.

Back