What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

Seems to me that both parties would be pretty motivated to settle and avoid a trial.

Sure that's usually the case, but the amount is the issue. Tugger will want 8 figures and I doubt it settles for less.

Plus, the absolute best they can ever hope for is being viewed as the 4th best program in the B1G. There’s only one CP and they ain’t getting him. I don’t even think Urban Meyer or Chris Petersen could vault them over OSU, Michigan or Penn St. (🤮) consistently.
Or USC, now that they are serious about football again.

i hope there are a lot more ugly facts that come out and that msu gets tarred even more directly. let's escalate this mutha. title ix and all the rest.
Yeah! We can just sit back, popcorn in hand (not a metaphor) and enjoy the show! They can embarrass each other then divvy up Isbia’s dough.

i hope there are a lot more ugly facts that come out and that msu gets tarred even more directly. let's escalate this mutha. title ix and all the rest.
This is precisely why it will settle. Man, if i had 3 hours (7 if somehow you got it in federal court) to go wild in a deposition. The case would be over. They'd never want that transcript to see the light of day.

I'm sure Rick Pitino would tell Tugger the same thing

And next year the conference adds U$C and UW. 4th might be a dream for them.

I'd look at MSU, with a plan not to pay the contract. The people who think he is going to get his money are ignoring the nature of what he did. This isn't Dr. Phil and CU who will just cower down and pay up.

And no, not paying his isn't going to dissuade candidates from wanting the job. Most will look at it as say thanks for being stupid and opening up the position. I won't be stupid so don't have to worry about it. This isn't like trying to not pay somebody for pushing a photographer.

Could though also be another party who reported it. Is there another woman who he treated badly that doesn't want to be the center of attention but who wants to see him suffer. Guys like him often leave a trail of unhappy victims. Is there somebody on the football or AD staff who he denied a promotion or he made look bad.

He did the ultimate FAFO and when you do that it leaves a lot of opportunity for people to get back.
You think MSU is better than Oregon?

Or USC, now that they are serious about football again.

Yeah - USC and Whoregon joining the conference doesn't bode well for Sparty's ability to even compete for a playoff spot.

You're going to have spots for 6 conference champions (maybe 5 now?), then SEC runners up, possibly ACC runners up, given the team and the schedule, and in some years maybe even Big 12 runners up. I can't imagine a situation where a conference gets more than 4 teams. The chances of MSU finishing in the top 4 in the Big Ten is probably minimal even on a year to year basis.

(God, when I spell it out this way, the Nubs are ****ed if they ever think they're going to win a natty.)

Trial lawyers have different theories about where the case is won. Some think it's in closing arguments, some think it's in openings, some think it's on cross-examination. I once saw a case won in jury selection.

When I was still a law student and Times Square was still Times Square (before Giuliani and Disney and chain restaurants), I was an intern at Legal Aid in Manhattan. I sat on a robbery trial. The allegations were that our client robbed a man in the Port Authority bathroom ("Port Authority" here means the massive bus station on 42nd and 8th). The defense was that it was not a robbery, that the complainant followed our god-fearing young man from Brooklyn into the bathroom and asked if he could suck his dick. Our client politely demurred. When the complainant tried to touch his dick, he beat the sh*t out of him.

The defense lawyer was an older dude who looked like Santa Claus and had been an NYPD officer for 20 years. I don't think he'd ever seen the inside of a law book. During jury selection, he asked one question of each panel: "Would you ever go in the bathroom at the Port Authority?" Answers: "Hell no." "I'd just hold it." "No f*cking way." Acquittal.

Any suit with these Tugger allegations as the central factual issue would be dealt with much the same. "Would you allow yourself to be sexually harassed over the phone, or would you just hang up."
1694715980344.png

speaking out of my arse as an ex lawyer who has never done any criminal law, wouldn't it be likely that the prosecution will seek in pretrial motions to limit the scope of the cross x by the defense to avoid victim shaming?

why didn't you just hang up? is akin to why didn't you fight back?...
This is not a criminal case.

Interesting take on local news in Michigan about the case.

The Athletic (paywall) has a timeline. Who leaked the story to the media?
200.gif
mail GIF by South Park

Is it wrong that I want MSU to have to give a huge payout to Tugger just for the simple fact that I want MSU to lose access to all that money? 😬
As said above, it'll be 8 figures and then they'll have to throw another 8 figures at a new coach. They have deep pockets, but I'd assume the boosters will want nothing to do with the buyout of Tucker

Is it wrong that I want MSU to have to give a huge payout to Tugger just for the simple fact that I want MSU to lose access to all that money? 😬
Not at all. Tugger is already set for life. Screw MSU.

As said above, it'll be 8 figures and then they'll have to throw another 8 figures at a new coach. They have deep pockets, but I'd assume the boosters will want nothing to do with the buyout of Tucker

Ishbia has deep pockets, but I don't know how much he has tied up in the Suns.

Hey @CoachPoacher, are you still around? Apparently not. :LOL:

I saw some dude predicting that MSU will make a run at Prime, which I'm sure they'll send feelers out. I have a feeling RG won't be taken off guard by them again.

I also saw a dude predict that A&M is going to buyout Jimbo AND lure Mike Norvell (cause FSU's going to let A&M poach their coach twice), and FSU will come after Prime.

3 things with that scenario: 1. I don't think even A&M has the money to pay off $90 million or whatever it is for Jimbo, buy out Norvell's contract at FSU, and put together an enticing package for him. 2. FSU is going to see A&M coming this time and up the ante. 3. Even if all that comes true, I don't think Norvell looks at College Station and A&M's place in the SEC West and says, yeah, that seems better than my situation here.

I saw some dude predicting that MSU will make a run at Prime, which I'm sure they'll send feelers out. I have a feeling RG won't be taken off guard by them again.

I also saw a dude predict that A&M is going to buyout Jimbo AND lure Mike Norvell (cause FSU's going to let A&M poach their coach twice), and FSU will come after Prime.

I saw some dude take a **** on the street in downtown LA.

3 things with that scenario: 1. I don't think even A&M has the money to pay off $90 million or whatever it is for Jimbo, buy out Norvell's contract at FSU, and put together an enticing package for him. 2. FSU is going to see A&M coming this time and up the ante. 3. Even if all that comes true, I don't think Norvell looks at College Station and A&M's place in the SEC West and says, yeah, that seems better than my situation here.
One thing I do know is that "Let's get Dion!" will be in every Coaching Hot Board comment section for every school from idiot fans for as long as Deion Sanders is coaching football.

One thing I do know is that "Let's get Dion!" will be in every Coaching Hot Board comment section for every school from idiot fans for as long as Deion Sanders is coaching football.
I guess if they're going to try to poach him, they might want to spell his name correctly. 🙄

A&M can definitely come up with the money to buy Jimbo out if they really want to, and if they have another 5-7 type season I think they'll buy him out.

Call it racism or whatever, but I don’t see any boosters in the SEC or the southern ACC funding a Prime hire.

Back