What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

If I was the Sparty AD, I'd probably hire Pat Narduzzi. Yes, he's a guy that Coach Prime is keeping receipts on. But he's also the architect of the defenses that resulted in much of D'Antonio's success and he's done a hell of a job at Pitt. Still in his 50s and contractually obtainable for them to make an offer he can't refuse.
Remembering back to when Tucker was hired by MSU, I want to say he was way down the list as MSU was getting turned down by everyone. That obviously had a lot to do with Nassar and still fresh in everyone's mind, but I assume MSU and its fans are going to find that this is still going to be the case.

Remembering back to when Tucker was hired by MSU, I want to say he was way down the list as MSU was getting turned down by everyone. That obviously had a lot to do with Nassar and still fresh in everyone's mind, but I assume MSU and its fans are going to find that this is still going to be the case.
Plus, the absolute best they can ever hope for is being viewed as the 4th best program in the B1G. There’s only one CP and they ain’t getting him. I don’t even think Urban Meyer or Chris Petersen could vault them over OSU, Michigan or Penn St. (🤮) consistently.

Plus, the absolute best they can ever hope for is being viewed as the 4th best program in the B1G. There’s only one CP and they ain’t getting him. I don’t even think Urban Meyer or Chris Petersen could vault them over OSU, Michigan or Penn St. (🤮) consistently.
Which is why I think these super conferences are really dumb and suicide to a degree. Recruits will go to the consistent conf winner and everyone else will fight for the scraps

Narduzzi makes sense and would be a good fit for both the School and coach. MSU will swing for the fences but miss.

Terminating for cause and not paying are the same thing.

When this much money is at stake, the final determination as to whether there was cause to terminate him will either be made by a court or agreed to by the parties. Neither MSU nor it's adjudicative officer will determine if Tugger breached his contract.
In the end they'll pay him regardless of breach. Guaranteed. Now why would a program do that when they have a great contract provision saying the don't have to? No, it isn't about attracting future coaches.

And next year the conference adds U$C and UW. 4th might be a dream for them.

Victim says it wasn't her, which leaves 2 parties. MSU and Tucker. While neither of them has credibility worth a damn, it's gotta be MSU.
I'd look at MSU, with a plan not to pay the contract. The people who think he is going to get his money are ignoring the nature of what he did. This isn't Dr. Phil and CU who will just cower down and pay up.

And no, not paying his isn't going to dissuade candidates from wanting the job. Most will look at it as say thanks for being stupid and opening up the position. I won't be stupid so don't have to worry about it. This isn't like trying to not pay somebody for pushing a photographer.

Could though also be another party who reported it. Is there another woman who he treated badly that doesn't want to be the center of attention but who wants to see him suffer. Guys like him often leave a trail of unhappy victims. Is there somebody on the football or AD staff who he denied a promotion or he made look bad.

He did the ultimate FAFO and when you do that it leaves a lot of opportunity for people to get back.

There's a dude who is obviously a proud Sparty alum whose kids go to my kid's school. Saw today that one of his kids was wearing an MSU shirt. I don't know where I'd fall on this if it happened at CU, but it was cringey to me.

Last edited:
The people who think he is going to get his money are ignoring the nature of what he did.

Trial lawyers have different theories about where the case is won. Some think it's in closing arguments, some think it's in openings, some think it's on cross-examination. I once saw a case won in jury selection.

When I was still a law student and Times Square was still Times Square (before Giuliani and Disney and chain restaurants), I was an intern at Legal Aid in Manhattan. I sat on a robbery trial. The allegations were that our client robbed a man in the Port Authority bathroom ("Port Authority" here means the massive bus station on 42nd and 8th). The defense was that it was not a robbery, that the complainant followed our god-fearing young man from Brooklyn into the bathroom and asked if he could suck his dick. Our client politely demurred. When the complainant tried to touch his dick, he beat the sh*t out of him.

The defense lawyer was an older dude who looked like Santa Claus and had been an NYPD officer for 20 years. I don't think he'd ever seen the inside of a law book. During jury selection, he asked one question of each panel: "Would you ever go in the bathroom at the Port Authority?" Answers: "Hell no." "I'd just hold it." "No f*cking way." Acquittal.

Any suit with these Tugger allegations as the central factual issue would be dealt with much the same. "Would you allow yourself to be sexually harassed over the phone, or would you just hang up."

Last edited:
Trial lawyers have different theories about where the case is won. Some think it's in closing arguments, some think it's in openings, some think it's on cross-examination. I once saw a case won in jury selection.

When I was still a law student and Times Square was still Times Square (before Giuliani and Disney and chain restaurants), I was an intern at Legal Aid in Manhattan. I sat on a robbery trial. The allegations were that our client robbed a man in the Port Authority bathroom ("Port Authority" here means the massive bus station on 42nd and 8th). The defense was that it was not a robbery, that the complainant followed our god-fearing young man from Brooklyn into the bathroom and asked if he could suck his dick. Our client politely demurred. When the complainant tried to touch his dick, he beat the sh*t out of him.

The defense lawyer was an older dude who looked like Santa Claus and had been a NYPD officer for 20 years. I don't think he'd ever seen the inside of a law book. During jury selection, he asked one question of each panel: "Would you ever go in the bathroom at the Port Authority?" Answers: "Hell no." "I'd just hold it." "No f*cking way." Acquittal.

Any suit with these Tugger allegations as the central factual issue would be dealt with much the same. "Would you allow yourself to be sexually harassed over the phone, or would you just hang up."

speaking out of my arse as an ex lawyer who has never done any criminal law, wouldn't it be likely that the prosecution will seek in pretrial motions to limit the scope of the cross x by the defense to avoid victim shaming?

why didn't you just hang up? is akin to why didn't you fight back?...

speaking out of my arse as an ex lawyer who has never done any criminal law, wouldn't it be likely that the prosecution will seek in pretrial motions to limit the scope of the cross x by the defense to avoid victim shaming?

why didn't you just hang up? is akin to why didn't you fight back?...

Are you serious? Any other provision of the Bill of Rights you want excised, or will the confrontation clause be enough? JFC

The defense lawyer was an older dude who looked like Santa Claus and had been a NYPD officer for 20 years. I don't think he'd ever seen the inside of a law book. During jury selection, he asked one question of each panel: "Would you ever go in the bathroom at the Port Authority?" Answers: "Hell no." "I'd just hold it." "No f*cking way." Acquittal.

Michigan was a big Klan state. There are still a lot of people there with those attitudes.

I don't know how much I would be willing to risk putting a large, wealthy Black man (married as well) accused of sexual harassment of a white woman (and prior rape victim) in the hands of a jury from that state.

If they could get the trial moved to a place with a jury pool that is largely Black the odds would be better. If the trial stays in East Lansing (6.8% Black) or they get a change in venue and the judge sends it a predominantly white rural county it could be over before it starts.

Are you serious? Any other provision of the Bill of Rights you want excised, or will the confrontation clause be enough? JFC
i love the defense lawyer moral outrage! roosters marching around the yard...

that is why i prefaced my q with the caveat, counselor. also, don't your clients have enough damn constitutional rights already? they are all guilty or they wouldn't be arrested and charged.

i kid. i kid.

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

i love the defense lawyer moral outrage! roosters marching around the yard...

that is why i prefaced my q with the caveat, counselor. also, don't your clients have enough damn constitutional rights already? they are all guilty or they wouldn't be arrested and charged.

i kid. i kid.

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly
They have a constitutional right to competent representation but end up with NYC? So much for rights.

I kid, I kid.

Would you allow yourself to be sexually harassed over the phone, or would you just hang up."

Which could easily be answered by explaining that a) Taylor's employment at MSU was dependent on Tucker and b) freezing up is a common response to sexual assault and harassment. But as we all know, human beings don't like to think very hard, and tend to go with the bluntest argument and not the more nuanced.

Which could easily be answered by explaining that a) Taylor's employment at MSU was dependent on Tucker and b) freezing up is a common response to sexual assault and harassment. But as we all know, human beings don't like to think very hard, and tend to go with the bluntest argument and not the more nuanced.
Plus slip in a little bit of "If this man in his position did this to your wife or daughter would you want understand it if she were shocked and froze up at the time?"

In all honesty, complaints about how sexual assault and harassment are treated in the justice system are valid. Lots of rules have been put in place in an attempt to address it. See Fed. R. Evid. 412 and 413. The problem, however, was never with rules of evidence, but with our cultural embrace of misogyny. That hasn't really changed. I would be comfortable advising Tugger to try any case arising from the facts as they've been reported. You can all go on about victim shaming, but jury trials are where the rubber meets the road . . . and it's still the women getting run over.

Seems to me that both parties would be pretty motivated to settle and avoid a trial. I’m not sure how defendable MSU’s morality clause is but the language is in his contract. It doesn’t even have to be a sexual assault case. Just that he performed an act that embarrassed the university. And he admitted it.

Last edited:
Back