What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

For god's sake, this is embarrassing. Whether it was Mac himself who posted that or not, he coached the guy for 4 years, he should know how to spell his ****ing name especially as it isn't overly complicated, either.

Yeah - that's bad...really bad.

For god's sake, this is embarrassing. Whether it was Mac himself who posted that or not, he coached the guy for 4 years, he should know how to spell his ****ing name especially as it isn't overly complicated, either.

Definitely not him tweeting that out. Probably Maggie Still, who is new to CU (this year?) and doesn’t have the same idea of Lindsay as we do.

Darian Hagen agrees

Reactions: wip
Probably the dumbest thought I've ever had in CU recruiting was, "Why the **** are we signing a borderline 3* RB who's 5 foot 8 with a bum knee?". :D
I'm as guilty as you followed closely by me thinking the next two years, "why does this little guy insist on running into contact instead of hitting the hole!?!?"

From the DP:

Phillip Lindsay’s professional debut will soon be forgotten. Twenty weeks from now on the eve of the playoffs, no one will remember 81 all-purpose yards in an exhibition.
Make no mistake: What Lindsay did Saturday mattered.
Albeit, late in a preseason game.
Albeit, against a third-string defense.
But in a game that saw almost no flash by a Broncos offense that’s building a reputation of matte finishes, Lindsay, the undrafted running back out of the University of Colorado, provided shine. His first half was quiet – a 2-yard run and a 5-yard catch in the flat. In the second half, there wasn’t a more impressive Bronco on his side of the ball, no matter how many Denver fans were chanting Chad Kelly’s name.
A 16-yard reception in the third quarter featured a stutter-step that made a linebacker miss to set up Kelly’s first career touchdown pass. (36 yards to a wide-open Matt LaCosse.)
A five-yard run off-tackle to the left showcased his burst and vision.
And his 19-yard touchdown catch came on a post route out of the backfield where he beat the free safety in coverage and crossed into the end zone with his signature skip fans in Boulder have fallen in love with.
If he was looking for a more perfect first shot in the NFL, it would have been hard to pen a realistic script more perfect than Saturday. Ignore the 42-28 loss. For guys like Lindsay in the preseason, stats can matter most.

“Everybody always see the good things, they don’t see the bad stuff,” Lindsay, CU’s career leader in all-purpose yards, said, “they don’t see the technique, that’s going to be big for special teams. Like I said, special teams is what it’s all about for me. I have to go back and clean some stuff up.”
Lindsay officially had six touches against the Vikings, including a 34-yard kickoff return – the longest of the night. But there were two more times he touched the ball, and what he chose not to do could speak louder toward his chances of making this team.
Following Minnesota’s opening scoring drive, Lindsay fielded a kick seven yards deep in the end zone and elected to take a knee. He made the same choice late in the fourth quarter after the Vikings reclaimed the lead, setting Denver up on the 25-yard line. Neither of those decisions led to a scoring drive, however his decision at least gave the Broncos the best field position possible.
Don’t underestimate the difficulty of that decision. As an undrafted free agent, Lindsay’s roster spot isn’t guaranteed. His touches are few and far between, and every one is worth its weight in gold. With four games to prove he’s worth keeping on payroll, a less grounded man would try and take all three kickoffs back for touchdowns; instead, he played smart football.
“You got to be smart. This is the NFL and we’re all battling for jobs,” Lindsay said. “The worst thing you can do is go out there and give your offense the worst field position you possibly can. So it’s about being smart and being able to get Chad (Kelly) out there, and Case (Keenum) is playing, and it’s about giving them an opportunity to get us going.”
Lindsay, in typical fashion, heavily critiqued his play. His cuts. His reads. He was never sent out to return punts, and Isaiah McKenzie’s punt return for a touchdown didn’t place Lindsay any closer to stealing that job.
But he was reliable. He was intelligent. And for a 5-foot-8 guy from Denver who’s just scraping for a job, it’s hard to ask for more.

I watched and was proud of Phil, produced WHEN he was in there. It started to kinda piss me off that he didn't get more time.

Rereading Lindsay's recruit thread is pretty amusing now. It's so hard to predict what a kid like that will turn into but some very smart people on this board have some posts in there that haven't aged well.

Rereading Lindsay's recruit thread is pretty amusing now. It's so hard to predict what a kid like that will turn into but some very smart people on this board have some posts in there that haven't aged well.

Lots of different opinions in the thread going all over the place.

Nobody mentioned the kind of character he has, the kind of leader he would become.

As talented as he is those are the things that make him stand out.

That thread just shows that even the self proclaimed experts in this board are largely clueless. Which is fine. If we weren’t clueless, we would be coaches ourselves.

That thread just shows that even the self proclaimed experts in this board are largely clueless. Which is fine. If we weren’t clueless, we would be coaches ourselves.
Maybe, but I've met and played for some pretty ****ing clueless coaches. Hey, let's run a double reverse flea flicker thing called "El Paso Special" on our own 3 when we have a 6 point lead in the 4th quarter. Naturally, we fumbled and they scored 2 plays later. I'm looking at you Coach Fat errr Lebby, ****ing cocksucker.:ROFLMAO:

Maybe, but I've met and played for some pretty ****ing clueless coaches. Hey, let's run a double reverse flea flicker thing called "El Paso Special" on our own 3 when we have a 6 point lead in the 4th quarter. Naturally, we fumbled and they scored 2 plays later. I'm looking at you Coach Fat errr Lebby, ****ing cocksucker.:ROFLMAO:
Players make the plays.

Just kidding you.

tumblr_n0f1tkHLGz1s1m32jo1_500.gif

Back