What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

Yup easy choice. I think the hair cuts are a funny right of passage, but nice they guve them a choice. To each thier own, but think it is ridiculous that aome people, like whomever was on radio with Polumbus this morning, make such a deal of it. 2 weeks before my freshmen year at CU they shaved our heads in our ROTC boot camp and it didn't bother me at all.

Actually, hazing is an old school antiquated thing that should go away. I never quite understood how people in a group treating me like crap was going to make me feel brotherhood to them at the end of it anyway.
Because it's a limited time thing, usually not malicious, and something everyone goes through. Rookies carry pads, they get their hair carved up, they are in charge of organizing position group stuff, getting coffee, they pick up the dinner check at a nice restaurant once, etc etc. We aren't talking about frat house hazing here, with physical or verbal abuse. R-E-L-A-X guys.

Because it's a limited time thing, usually not malicious, and something everyone goes through. Rookies carry pads, they get their hair carved up, they are in charge of organizing position group stuff, getting coffee, they pick up the dinner check at a nice restaurant once, etc etc. We aren't talking about frat house hazing here, with physical or verbal abuse. R-E-L-A-X guys.

I am relaxed. I'm not out railing against hazing. I just happen to think it is dumb to force fellow adults to spends thousands of dollars on other folks, or to shave their head or whatever. If everyone wants to participate, then go for it - but it seems silly to me in a what is supposed to be a professional business.

As a Broncos tradition, this made more sense prior to free agency.
Maybe I meant similar hazing? This isn't unique to the Broncos... Baker Mayfield was forced to rent an RV for the QBs to hang out in during Training Camp, and the other Rookie is forced to keep the fridge stocked and cleaned, among other things. The Rookies on every team are forced to get on stage in front of the team and sing a song or whatever. These are lighthearted hazing rituals that happen on every team, every year. Every player had their turn.

The picking up the check is actually abused and messed up IMO. The others are harmless, but that one really should go away.

Actually, hazing is an old school antiquated thing that should go away. I never quite understood how people in a group treating me like crap was going to make me feel brotherhood to them at the end of it anyway.
Okay. Then how come I get hazed on this board everyday?

The picking up the check is actually abused and messed up IMO. The others are harmless, but that one really should go away.
Depends on who the Rookie is, IMO. Phillip Lindsay who received a $15k signing bonus as an UDFA having to pick up an expensive tab would be ****ed up for sure. Bradley Chubb, who signed a 4 year deal worth $27m fully guaranteed, having to pick up a $10-$15k dinner check is not a big deal.

Back