What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread: CU @ Nebraska, September 8, 2018 @ 1:30 MT

We need to start an allbuffs gofundme to get you to the game next year. lol

Funds aren’t an issue! Time off from work is usually slim by September. Though, I’m planting seeds to try and get out to Boulder next year. Driving down Broadway a few weeks back on a cloudy day enroute to Estes Park only made me wish I could have had an actual view of the Flatirons and Folsom Field. I should put it on the calendar for next year - goals!

Funds aren’t an issue! Time off from work is usually slim by September. Though, I’m planting seeds to try and get out to Boulder next year. Driving down Broadway a few weeks back on a cloudy day enroute to Estes Park only made me wish I could have had an actual view of the Flatirons and Folsom Field. I should put it on the calendar for next year - goals!
You've gone native.

Around 14 hours until we're on the road. Can't do RuckusVision because I don't have a wide-angle lens to fit an entire UNL coed into frame. And because mobile upload feature on AllBuffs ****ing sucks (or I can't figure out how to make it easy) by not allowing me to upload full size images. Ain't nobody got ****ing time to go re-size ****.

Around 14 hours until we're on the road. Can't do RuckusVision because I don't have a wide-angle lens to fit an entire UNL coed into frame. And because mobile upload feature on AllBuffs ****ing sucks (or I can't figure out how to make it easy) by not allowing me to upload full size images. Ain't nobody got ****ing time to go re-size ****.
We may do a write up, but it won't be anything epic. Just funny.

Completely disagree. I hope the buffs win by 70 and then a tornado tears memorial down immediately thereafter. “Through these gates pass the largest chunks of debris”

I guess I enjoy the schadenfreude of seeing nub nation get whipped at home with their whole state shut down.

This game can't come soon enough. I've been having a hard time sleeping thinking about it. With last week's performance, it has the feel of a real program propelling game. National TV with great exposure that would really give us some respect with a win (with both the media and recruits), especially with all the hype behind Frost.

This game is eerily similar to last week's game. Bad defense last year with a lot of question marks. Fairly big unknown at QB. Rivalry. Obviously the corn have a better program and are more talented, but it has a lot of similarities. Also, this has a lot of similarities to the 2016 season start. Big win over CSU, road game at a high profile Big 10 team (or at least in Nebraska's eyes high profile). Michigan was definitely a better team (and ranked), but similar nonetheless. We hung in there against Michigan, but couldn't get the job done. I think we get the job done this year and have some huge momentum going into a stretch against some mediocre programs. Undefeated going into the USC game isn't unrealistic, and would be an absolutely huge game for this program.

Take a screenshot of your original photo, crop, then try to upload all while you’re having a margarita made in your mouth. You’re welcome.

I wonder who the opponents were. I mean, Montez looked like a an all-American Friday, but it was CSU.
Good point. If it's anything like a normal P5 team it would have been against a ****ty G5 or FCS team.

Lot of chat what Martinez may/ may not do. Here is what Buff’s D needs t do in my opinion:

1. Disciplined execution on the edge. Assignment football. Lewis and Taylor key.

2. Strong run support and ability to get off blocks by CBs.

3. NT who occupies C and G allowing ILBs free roam.

4. Get NU in obvious passing situations on third down.

5. Keep the scheme simple to counteract tempo.

6. S reading keys so they don’t get sucked into RPO.

7. Stay home. Reverses and misdirection are coming.

Just maintain rushing lanes and make him pass the football. If he does and we lose then its an understandable loss on the road but if we let them gash us in the run game then fans are going to be pissed.

On O we need to stay balanced with the run game so that our WRs have space to operate when they get the ball and they should be absolutely unstoppable.

Back