What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread: CU @ Nebraska, September 8, 2018 @ 1:30 MT

Lot of chat what Martinez may/ may not do. Here is what Buff’s D needs t do in my opinion:

1. Disciplined execution on the edge. Assignment football. Lewis and Taylor key.

2. Strong run support and ability to get off blocks by CBs.

3. NT who occupies C and G allowing ILBs free roam.

4. Get NU in obvious passing situations on third down.

5. Keep the scheme simple to counteract tempo.

6. S reading keys so they don’t get sucked into RPO.

7. Stay home. Reverses and misdirection are coming.

I would settle for doing the opposite of what we did against Tate last year.

There's a sucker born every minute.
I didn’t want to take the time to analyze it because I knew smart people like you would do that. :D

I know how recruiting rankings work. The difference between, say, a 40 and a 20 may be due to more numbers in a class or a couple of more highly rated guys for one than the other. Not to mention the pure subjectivity of rankings. But I think it is safe to say that the talent levels for both teams are on par with each other.

I finished the 1990 CU at NU game. CU still kicked the Cornhole's ass 27-12 despite 4 turnovers on the road (hmm, simulation, anyone?).

Here is what the broadcast didn't show:

(I've told this story before, but it is appropriate to repeat it at this moment).

After the game, a bunch of us CU fans rushed the field. We tried to take down a set of goal posts and a few people were lightly roughed up by State Troopers, including my roommate getting dragged off the cross bar, falling to the field. We gave up on that, and wandered across the field hooting and hollering and eventually gathered in mass mid-field, stomping on the N. Another roommate decided he needed to pee, and what better place to do it than on the N midfield? He is mid-stream when another State Trooper grabs him by the scruff of his collar and drags him off as he tries to stuff his junk back in his pants.

He was so drunk, he couldn't find his drivers license in his wallet. We aren't allowed near him and other Troopers are telling us it is going to be a loooong night for our friend in the clink before we are able to get him out. In his drunken stooper, he drops his reserve military ID on the ground. Trooper sees it and lets him off with a stern warning.

We spent the night singing the CU fight song in various bars. At least a dozen irate NU fans came up to us saying "How dare you have the gall to wear that gear and sing that song in here!". Fortunately, we were about 12 deep in our group and no one tried anything worse than lecturing us.

**** Nebraska!

Last edited:
I finished the 1990 CU at NU game. CU still kicked the Cornhole's ass 27-12 despite 4 turnovers on the road (hmm, simulation, anyone?).

(I've told this story before, but it is appropriate to repeat it at this moment).

After the game, a bunch of us CU fans rushed the field. We tried to take down a set of goal posts and a few people were lightly roughed up by State Troopers, including my roommate getting dragged off the cross bar, falling to the field. We gave up on that, and wandered across the field hooting and hollering and eventually gathered in mass mid-field, stomping on the N. Another roommate decided he needed to pee, and what better place to do it than on the N midfield? He is mid-stream when another State Trooper grabs him by the scruff of his collar and drags him off as he tries to stuff his junk back in his pants.

He was so drunk, he couldn't find his drivers license in his wallet. We aren't allowed near him and other Troopers are telling us it is going to be a loooong night for our friend in the clink before we are able to get him out. In his drunken stooper, he drops his reserve military ID on the ground. Trooper sees it and lets him off with a stern warning.

We spent the night singing the CU fight song in various bars. At least a dozen irate NU fans came up to us saying "How dare you have the gall to wear that gear and sing that song in here!". Fortunately, we were about 12 deep in our group and no one tried another worse than lecturing us.

**** Nebraska!
That story is notable as it is the only documented case of Jay trying to stuff his junk BACK in his pants.

I didn’t want to take the time to analyze it because I knew smart people like you would do that. :D

I know how recruiting rankings work. The difference between, say, a 40 and a 20 may be due to more numbers in a class or a couple of more highly rated guys for one than the other. Not to mention the pure subjectivity of rankings. But I think it is safe to say that the talent levels for both teams are on par with each other.
Our guy @TDforTD has broken it down nicely before, but while their rankings have been pretty good on paper, they've been inflated by guys who have either left the program, guys with academic issues, or guys who simply didn't live up to their star ratings and can't even crack the two deep. Think 2008 (?) CU recruiting class to a certain extent. TD can explain it in more detail if he's not scared.

Nebraska has had higher ranked recruiting classes than CU over the last 5 years. I’d thought it was closer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...llege-football-recruiting-rankings-2018-class
Texas98.3%491.1%1488.3%163
Washington93.0%1379.1%2488.0%179
Oregon89.8%1785.3%1987.6%185
UCLA86.9%1890.4%1586.0%19-4
South Carolina85.3%1985.6%1885.5%202
Tennessee82.2%2091.7%1285.0%21-7
Nebraska81.5%2178.4%2582.9%22-1
Maryland75.5%2768.5%3780.4%239
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
How are these ranking working out for the others in close proximity to Nebraska?

a warning for those of you crossing the border into fuskerland:

freshman liver and a bunch of us pile into cars to caravan to the game in stinkoln. this is in the age of 3.2 beer at 18. yes, i am old. **** you. we're probably 30 vehicles deep as we had out to stinkoln, and between us, we've probably got enough beer in cans, bottles, and kegs to supply a small army. the fusker state patrol is waiting for us on the on fusker side of the border. they pull the caravan over. and THEY TOOK ALL THE BEER! yes. all of it. they didn't leave us one last drop. ****ers.

now, i am told the fusker patrols search colorado vehicles for the demon weed. and, i suspect that the penalty will be harsher than confiscation. just remember, you are entering a dystopian society that is part handmade's tail and part hee-haw.

and, a few seasons ago, i was stopped crossing the colorado-fusker border in my german automobile with california plates and CU plate frames. i was on my way to do some bird hunting with friends. they had me stopped for nearly an hour, saying i met a profile. yeah, i am sure. when i got out the shotguns to show them, they lightened up and let us go.

again, you are dealing with neanderthals here. be cautious.

a warning for those of you crossing the border into fuskerland:

freshman liver and a bunch of us pile into cars to caravan to the game in stinkoln. this is in the age of 3.2 beer at 18. yes, i am old. **** you. we're probably 30 vehicles deep as we had out to stinkoln, and between us, we've probably got enough beer in cans, bottles, and kegs to supply a small army. the fusker state patrol is waiting for us on the on fusker side of the border. they pull the caravan over. and THEY TOOK ALL THE BEER! yes. all of it. they didn't leave us one last drop. ****ers.

now, i am told the fusker patrols search colorado vehicles for the demon weed. and, i suspect that the penalty will be harsher than confiscation. just remember, you are entering a dystopian society that is part handmade's tail and part hee-haw.

and, a few seasons ago, i was stopped crossing the colorado-fusker border in my german automobile with california plates and CU plate frames. i was on my way to do some bird hunting with friends. they had me stopped for nearly an hour, saying i met a profile. yeah, i am sure. when i got out the shotguns to show them, they lightened up and let us go.

again, you are dealing with neanderthals here. be cautious.

Handmaid's tail. :ROFLMAO:

yah, i thought about going back to fix it, but it handmade's tail somehow seems fitting. it is always a barrister with typo police.

That was a typo? I thought you were just referring to poontang as handmade's tail, which is politically incorrect but still awesome.

That story is notable as it is the only documented case of Jay trying to stuff his junk BACK in his pants.
It actually wasn't Jay! I know that is hard to believe - he was just the guy that got dragged off the cross bar and fell hard on the cement-like AstroTurf.

We spent the night singing the CU fight song in various bars. At least a dozen irate NU fans came up to us saying "How dare you have the gall to wear that gear and sing that song in here!". Fortunately, we were about 12 deep in our group and no one tried anything worse than lecturing us.

**** Nebraska!
Victory, Allbuffs 9/7/18

It actually wasn't Jay! I know that is hard to believe - he was just the guy that got dragged off the cross bar and fell hard on the cement-like AstroTurf.
ok, so how many of you are from the same college friend group? Darth, Ruckus, Burrito, teats, UK, Highlander?

Last edited:
Back