What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread: CU @ Nebraska, September 8, 2018 @ 1:30 MT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadsp...-fans-****-you-fans-****-all-o-1327398903/amp

Funny

My wife is getting paranoid and anxious. She is asking everyone she knows about wearing Buffs gear to the game, and she gets the “absolutely not a good move if you want to have a good time...”. So, if I’m resigned to wearing neutral attire, I will make certain to make those around me have a not good time...

She just sent a text, letting me know that my brother-in-law and NU Alum...far brighter and reasonable of a person than the NU alum title typically allows for, just told her that if we want to have a good time, then probably not a good idea to show up in full Buffs attire. So...I feel like I need to wear a white shirt, black pants/shorts, etc. if Buffs attire is “forbidden”

My wife is getting paranoid and anxious. She is asking everyone she knows about wearing Buffs gear to the game, and she gets the “absolutely not a good move if you want to have a good time...”. So, if I’m resigned to wearing neutral attire, I will make certain to make those around me have a not good time...

She just sent a text, letting me know that my brother-in-law and NU Alum...far brighter and reasonable of a person than the NU alum title typically allows for, just told her that if we want to have a good time, then probably not a good idea to show up in full Buffs attire. So...I feel like I need to wear a white shirt, black pants/shorts, etc. if Buffs attire is “forbidden”
**** that - You rock the CU gear. **** those niblets

Sean, I am sorry, but man up you b****. Part of being a fan is to REPRESENT your team! You'll be very glad that you wore Buffs gear when the nub fans are sulking in their walk back to their office, errrr meth lab, errr trailer following the game.

They will cower in fear after the game with you decked out head to toe in CU gear. Just take a couple of piss balloons and battery filled marshmallows for self defense before the game.

Don’t be such a pussy. I didn’t even bring non-CU clothes.

Disagree. I’ve worn black and gold in Lincoln. We won. Got a few dirty looks but it made it that much better.

Their fans are “classy”, remember?

Mods - lock Sean out of the Nebraska Hate thread. Thanks.

How much confidence in Eliot's gameplan?

Here's my secret fantasy. MM trusts Chev and Adams enough that he lets them handle the O gameplan while he has heavy input into the D gameplan.

NB: I don't think the D gameplan is as obvious as everyone says. Do you put 8 in the box and man up the pass catchers? If so, and the corn QB breaks contain some of our best tacklers are upfield with their backs turned. Do you put in 6 the box and play zone, probably allowing 3 or 4 yards per rush?

Last edited:
How much confidence in Eliot's gameplan?
Without seeing what Nebraska wants to do, it's hard to say how I feel about a gameplan. I feel confident in Eliot and MM putting players in the right position to succeed and I believe they actually have the players in the front seven to be effective this year. IMO, the bottom line is they have to do everything they can to contain Martinez as a runner, first and foremost. Make him prove he can complete passes consistently.

You will be fine in your Buff gear. They are the classiest fans in all of college football.

I recommend wearing a body cam....just in case...

Put this sweater helmet with it and you will be all set! It lowers your assumed IQ by 40 points to those you run in to, but nobody will mess with you, either.

20180907_114555.jpg

Put this sweater helmet with it and you will be all set! It lowers your assumed IQ by 40 points to those you run in to, but nobody will mess with you, either.

View attachment 26969
giphy-downsized.gif

Rock your Buffs gear. I did it in Lincoln and the two times I went and Buffs won both.
I had one douchebag confront me after the 2004 win about supporting rapists and such, but honestly he was just a sad pathetic dude whose family was looking on in complete embarrassment.
Otherwise everyone was fine and had multiple people come up and congratulate on the Buffs win.

Back