What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

I’ll leave this here for anyone that wants to do the analysis. It has final rankings for every year of the CFP. It would be nifty if someone could show how much better the P12 has been than the Big XII + potential additions that folks have mentioned. Just during cursory looks, I’m not seeing it. The new teams plus ISU, OSU, TCU, Etc seem to have more ranked teams (sometimes higher than the highest P12…sometimes multiple higher than the highest 12). And to say that one specific team isn’t consistently highly ranked is disingenuous, seeing that it’s the same case in the P12
Either way, prove this theory incorrect.

This isn’t even a question. Looking at one year of results to judge a football product is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. There isn’t one program from the group that would be able better over the long term than the top 5 in the pac 12 (usc, oregon, Washington, ucla and Utah). The pac 12 also has some good depth behind those with ASU, cal, Stanford and colorado. But good try.
OK. Line it up for past 5 years.

I’ll leave this here for anyone that wants to do the analysis. It has final rankings for every year of the CFP. It would be nifty if someone could show how much better the P12 has been than the Big XII + potential additions that folks have mentioned. Just during cursory looks, I’m not seeing it. The new teams plus ISU, OSU, TCU, Etc seem to have more ranked teams (sometimes higher than the highest P12…sometimes multiple higher than the highest 12). And to say that one specific team isn’t consistently highly ranked is disingenuous, seeing that it’s the same case in the P12
Either way, prove this theory incorrect.
Idiot. /s

That’s great. But in case you were wondering how Utah would fair against a historically over achieving G5 school, check this out.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_War_(BYU–Utah)

spoiler alert: Utes have beaten them 9 times in a row.
Look at anybody’s power ratings this year and tell me again Utah -3.5.

Look at anybody’s power ratings this year and tell me again Utah -3.5.
You’re not putting things in the proper context. You’re comparing apples and oranges.

For instance, which team between Utah and Cinc has a better chance of beating a team like Clemson?

You’re not putting things in the proper context. You’re comparing apples and oranges.

For instance, which team between Utah and Cinc has a better chance of beating a team like Clemson?
You said line would be Utah -3.5. I called BS.

Now you have a different contention. I still say Cincy.

This year and going forward. Which ones would consistently be on par with them
This year
Oregon (Polls disagree)
Cincy
USC
UDub

Iowa State best of lot this year.

Forward
Oregon
USC
Cincy
UDub

Iowa State would be below USC, but above UDub.

That’s my guess.

and Cincy favored over Utah. That’s not a guess.

This year
Oregon (Polls disagree)
Cincy
USC
UDub

Iowa State best of lot this year.

Forward
Oregon
USC
Cincy
UDub

Iowa State would be below USC, but above UDub.

That’s my guess.

and Cincy favored over Utah. That’s not a guess.
Iowa State and Cincy are both going to be on that level when Campbell and Fickell both leave next year?

Dunno. Too many assumptions in your ongoing stacked questions.

I’ll stand by my two contentions.
You made the assertion that a Big 12 including Cincy, UCF, BYU, and Houston would be better than the Pac 12, yet the only thing you’ve said to back that up is that Cincinnati is currently rated higher in the preseason polls. What about the other 3 teams who you say are elevating that conference?

You may need to clarify. Are you saying that 12 team conference would be better in 2021 or better in general going forward?

You made the assertion that a Big 12 including Cincy, UCF, BYU, and Houston would be better than the Pac 12, yet the only thing you’ve said to back that up is that Cincinnati is currently rated higher in the preseason polls. What about the other 3 teams who you say are elevating that conference?

You may need to clarify. Are you saying that 12 team conference would be better in 2021 or better in general going forward?
Better 2021 (if it was a conference)

On par, maybe better going forward.

If you looked at Utah in the Urban Meyer years, you could conclude they were a better program than Alabama. That would be sampling bias.

Yet...Cincinnati has had a good run under Fickell, and has consistently been one of the better non power conference athletic departments. If Cincy were brought into a power conference, I suspect they’d compete pretty well because the school wants to compete at a high level, they’d have the dough and the cache to retain coaches, it generally doesn’t give a rats ass about academics, it’s decently located for recruiting, and the AD would tolerate some reasonable cheating.

I know doesn't fit the thread (but at least it's not about soccer!) Frosty and his 'awesome' team with the N for 'nollij' on their helmets looked quite pathetic today against Illinois. What 5 years in for magic man Frost? And they can't beat a first year coached perrenial also ran Fighting Illini squad. At what point do the husker fans stop travelling to see their squad fail again... again?

Back