What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

If you were Vegas, how would you set the line? What method would you use?

and I agree with you. Congrats on 3-0
Thanks man!

I would use my eye because you can’t compare a G5 with a P5 in any analytical analysis. Would you say P5’s have the ability to get better recruits as a whole than G5’s because of P5 affiliation?

Vegas has everything at their disposal. So a little of everything. Think Utah would be a slight favorite

It’s one game that amounts to UCF’s Super Bowl. Same thing for the couple
Boise upsets in the past. Every now and then it happens, but not that frequently and how would UCF do playing USC, Utah, Oregon, Stanford, Washington, etc every week instead of ECU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, Memphis, etc??
UCF would be a FAR more dangerous P5 team than Boise State and it isn’t even close.

I first like how hawg is using this year as his basis for the better teams when OU and Texas are still in the big 12.

TCU, okie state and baylor all become G5 schools once this split happens. Adding UCF, Cincy, BYU and houston doesn’t change that it just makes it a G5 super league.

BYU is a solid program but will always be limited by their religious affiliation and rules.

I first like how hawg is using this year as his basis for the better teams when OU and Texas are still in the big 12.

TCU, okie state and baylor all become G5 schools once this split happens. Adding UCF, Cincy, BYU and houston doesn’t change that it just makes it a G5 super league.

BYU is a solid program but will always be limited by their religious affiliation and rules.
No. You are wrong.

I made it clear. My comparison is a new B12 conference that includes C, H, UCF and BYU.

I await your 1-12 comparison this year and into the future.

No. You are wrong.

I made it clear. My comparison is a new B12 conference that includes C, H, UCF and BYU.

I await your 1-12 comparison this year and into the future.
I have you five programs in the pac 12 that are better than anything the big 12 has. If UCF was better than these pac 12 programs guess what, they would be in a power five conference right now. They aren’t. Same goes for Cincy. You, my friend, have no idea what you are talking about with this and your anti-pac 12 bias is clearly showing.

I have you five programs in the pac 12 that are better than anything the big 12 has. If UCF was better than these pac 12 programs guess what, they would be in a power five conference right now. They aren’t. Same goes for Cincy. You, my friend, have no idea what you are talking about with this and your anti-pac 12 bias is clearly showing.
Give me the 5 programs netter than Iowa State.

Hawg is just relaying everything Andy staples tweets, who is by far the biggest SEC homer on the internet. Andy is now trying to say that the AAC is tougher than the big 10 west. I know that division hasn’t been great but are we just going to gloss over two great programs in Wisconsin and Iowa that would run the AAC without any effort? Wisconsin is actually on the cusp of becoming one of those 10 or so teams in the country that can win a national championship based on their prior performance and the way their recruiting is improving year in and year out (basically the big ten equivalent of Utah) and Iowa has been a fantastic program for a long long time.

well if you are Andy staples or hawg you have to trash everything that isn’t the SEC and he is now using the AAC as his weapon.

Give me the 5 programs netter than Iowa State.
Iowa state? Are you serious? The big 12 bottom dweller for the vast majority of their college football all history. There are probably 7-8 pac 12 programs that are better than Iowa state. They are the equivalent of OSU, WSU and Arizona.

they are an awesome story the last few seasons and they have an amazing coach who turned down a bunch of money from the NFL to stay there. That is like hitting the lottery in terms of them as a program.

That’s a considerable step up from where Houston is today. It will be more than 20.
So let me get this straight. The remaining big 12 programs are projected to get a little under 20 million a year by themselves, and you think adding 3 programs from a conference that generates a little north of 7 million a year per team is going to mean more than 20 million per year for every team? That is some funky math you have going on there.

Hawg is just relaying everything Andy staples tweets, who is by far the biggest SEC homer on the internet. Andy is now trying to say that the AAC is tougher than the big 10 west. I know that division hasn’t been great but are we just going to gloss over two great programs in Wisconsin and Iowa that would run the AAC without any effort? Wisconsin is actually on the cusp of becoming one of those 10 or so teams in the country that can win a national championship based on their prior performance and the way their recruiting is improving year in and year out (basically the big ten equivalent of Utah) and Iowa has been a fantastic program for a long long time.

well if you are Andy staples or hawg you have to trash everything that isn’t the SEC and he is now using the AAC as his weapon.
I missed Andy’s pods this week. Off grid. I’ll listen.

You just don’t want to do the comparison do you?

I think the P12 is weak, yes. The historical data support my contention.

Iowa state? Are you serious? The big 12 bottom dweller for the vast majority of their college football all history. There are probably 7-8 pac 12 programs that are better than Iowa state. They are the equivalent of OSU, WSU and Arizona.

they are an awesome story the last few seasons and they have an amazing coach who turned down a bunch of money from the NFL to stay there. That is like hitting the lottery in terms of them as a program.
Yes. It supports my original contention.

Back