What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Rocky Mountain Showdown Pregame Thread - "Must Win for CSU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about under center. I'd love any form of Downhill running game that stresses the Da gap responsibility. Straight ahead inside zone and counters with pullers who can't get to their blocks are not cutting it.

I found myself watching a NUB analysis video of their running game against CU, on mute. I couldn't bring myself to listen to it. But the breakdown of their running scheme was interesting, and its a scheme I wish we could commit to. Much of what they did to gain big chunks on the ground was from the shotgun--more than I thought, actually. Pulling an H-back across the formation into the hole, following a pulling guard or center, to an overloaded side. Very old-school smash-mouth concepts even from a shotgun formation.

It's not rocket-science. Hell, the NUBs can do it.

2 might need to accept the fact that he hasn’t earned any of this deference. Dude should be going under center if he’s Mr NFL, AND should be running an offense instead of playing selfishly
Shedeur hasn't earned crap to check out of plays and change play calls in my opinion.. even a few years into his playing for 49'ers.. Joe Montana ran what Walsh called, especially the scripted plays and even when he checked out.. it was what Walsh had him check out and into. CSU defense strength is corners and up front with a couple quality linemen.. rest is mediocre at best, great D to get run game going against. CSU is a running team and its offense uses same plays, formations and schemes as last year... so key on D for CU is competent film study and Bentley's turf toe not acting up.

Pretty nervous. Losing this would be devastating
Unimpressed The Big Lebowski GIF by Working Title

If I'm in the booth calling the offense tonight:

1. QUICK PASSING GAME. RB SCREENS (NOT THIS HORIZONTAL WR VAPOR AND SMOKE BULLSH!T). G'DAMN HITCHES, QUICK OUTS, SLANTS, SHORT DIGS & CROSSERS. LOOK FOR YAC. SCREW THE DEEP BALL UNTIL THE 2ND HALF.
2. RUN LEFT. RUN LEFT. RUN LEFT. SOFT AZZ MOFOS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THEIR D. NOT WITH OFFERDAHL. TODAY SHOULD BE A COMING OUT PARTY FOR EITHER WELCH OR AUGUSTINE.
3. AT LEAST 3-4 TRICK PLAYS. DA FUQ DID WE HAVE MILLER IN THERE FOR 4-5 PLAYS AGAINST NDSU AND THEN NOTHING. USE THAT DUDE. I'M ALSO GONNA SHIV SOMEBODY AND SH!T IN THE KNIFE HOLE IF I DON'T SEE TRAVIS HUNTER THROW A PASS IN THIS GAME.
4. ROLL SHEDEUR THE FVCK OUT. I WOULD BE DEMANDING 50+ YARDS RUSHING FROM HIS A$$ TONIGHT.

DA LAMA HAS SPOKEN.

At least Shedeur will see the pressure coming right in face every play. So, there's that. Imagine putting the fate of your season and coaching career in the hands of a dude that was a rotational lineman at FIU. I'd rather see Wyatt Hummel.

Actually, I'm more worried about Zilinkas getting mudholed be their NG FWIW.

The thing is Benson and Hummel are both better options than Houston. Holeee sheet, Mav.
Crazy thing is that Mayers has been our best, most consistent lineman from what I've seen. Absolutely wild if this is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back