What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Rocky Mountain Showdown Pregame Thread - "Must Win for CSU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Prime wouldn’t have **** on the line, and let Shedeur change every play at the line of scrimmage, he’d still be here.

It also seems probable that it’s SS that is making our line a mockery. Two years in a row, same issues, same offense. It’s Shedeur’s offense. Nobody else’s.
I don't understand why people think SS is a Top 10 pick. He has a first round arm but a 5th round football IQ and and the emotional fortitude of an 'Unrestricted Free agent'. Tom Brady wasn't successful because of his athleticism. It was his decision making ability and exceptional football IQ. Most every QB draft bust of the past 40 years had a great arm but lacked sorely in the latter categories. Scouts, if they haven't already, are going to figure this out soon if he doesn't humble himself and soon.

Unfortunately for him (and CU) his stock is only going to drop as it becomes more and more and more clear he's the one calling the shots. His dad is not doing him any favors by not stepping up and actually being a Head Coach.

and why is Offerdahl the starter? Why is he even in the three deep? The coaches proclaimed the RB room is vastly improved over last year yet last years 5th string RB is our starter. Makes absolutely no sense.

I don't understand why people think SS is a Top 10 pick. He has a first round arm but a 5th round football IQ and and the emotional fortitude of an 'Unrestricted Free agent'. Tom Brady wasn't successful because of his athleticism. It was his decision making ability and exceptional football IQ. Most every QB draft bust of the past 40 years had a great arm but lacked sorely in the latter categories. Scouts, if they haven't already, are going to figure this out soon if he doesn't humble himself and soon.

Unfortunately for him (and CU) his stock is only going to drop as it becomes more and more and more clear he's the one calling the shots. His dad is not doing him any favors by not stepping up and actually being a Head Coach.

and why is Offerdahl the starter? Why is he even in the three deep? The coaches proclaimed the RB room is vastly improved over last year yet last years 5th string RB is our starter. Makes absolutely no sense.
I get the angst over SS. But I do think he’ll be a solid NFL quarterback. It could also be that he’s just far above the ability of the offensive line, making the right reads and audibles, but the Oline isn’t able to keep up. Like a point guard throwing sneaky passes that hit his lesser teammates in the face.

Last edited:
I get the angst over SS. But I do think he’ll be a solid NFL quarterback. It could also be that he’s just above the ability of the offensive line, making the right reads and audibles, but the Oline isn’t able to keep up. Like a point guard throwing sneaky passes that hit his lesser teammates in the face.
Some of these rationalizations are incredible

Quit whinging. You have those who shall assume the worst and then you have the irrationally exuberant optimists. It is all just talk from a very scarred long time fan base. Tomorrow is another opportunity to get better.

I'm with @J.R. Ewing; even with a win tomorrow, if the offense looks essentially the same as the last 11 games, my fall calendar is suddenly a lot more open.

I say that, but Iowa has been to a few bowls recently. I guess maybe there's a chance our defense wins a few games?

CSU is going in very confident
im confused as to why they would be confident at all. They got hammered in the prison wallet by Texas, then struggled at home against one of the worst teams in FCS. Their roster is worse than last year’s and their QB Branford Nickelodeon Who Gives a **** has looked like straight a$$ so far.

More Charlie, woohoo!
I don’t think you intended any disrespect to Charlie, but I see negative comments about him and Woods and feel they’re misplaced. It’s not their fault they’re starters at their position, that’s Deion Sanders’ fault. It was his job to recruit difference makers at linebacker and he failed to do that. Now we have a converted safety who’s unsure how to play the position in that spot. It was his job to have a RB ready to go and to ensure his OC had a plan and a path to utilize them, and he failed at that.

Our record is 2-9 in the last 11.
A simple adjustment or two, run more, less shotgun, especially for run plays, more Pistol and/or under center pro style snaps for both pass and run game, with play action and.. "motion" and Shedeur steps down from final Offensive coordinator authority he has somehow been given and submits to the Offensive Coordinator, period and viola.. CU wins more than they lose from here out.

Last edited:
I think it's interesting that, for Prime, being a father and being a coach align strongly this week. It's very high stakes on both fronts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back