What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Rocky Mountain Showdown Pregame Thread - "Must Win for CSU"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple adjustment or two, run more, less shotgun, especially for run plays, more Pistol and/or under center pro style snaps for both pass and run game, with play action and.. "motion" and Shedeur steps down from final Offensive coordinator authority he has somehow been given and submits to the Offensive Coordinator, period and viola.. CU wins more than they lose from here out.
Yes please. All of that.

This has all of the makings of a game that CU gets it together.

You have a CU team that has under performed and not played great (I actually think the D has played pretty well but it has not been a good look so far overall).

You have a less talented opponent. Much less talented across the board.

If you are being honest, CU does have its back against the wall. They need this win more than the Ewes. Lose this and the wheels are off for CU. The Ewes can go into conference play and still do well. CU may not recover if they lose this one. CU needs this one more.

Even though the Ewes are much less talented, they have been running their mouths all week. Not a little bit and they have been doing it publicly and in the press and media.

The head coach at CU is immensely proud and has seen his image take a pretty good beating nationally. He likes to say that what others think about him and the program do not matter but that is not how he is wired. He cares and cares deeply about his image and the perception of him. The spotlight, and a bright one, are what drives his Brand.

CU has been very quiet this week from players to staff. I think there have been fewer Well Off videos. Not much talk of the Norvell wife and kid comments. The press tried to bait them into bulletin board comments but to no avail.

Just my gut but this has the making for a real beat down.

This has all of the makings of a game that CU gets it together.

You have a CU team that has under performed and not played great (I actually think the D has played pretty well but it has not been a good look so far overall).

You have a less talented opponent. Much less talented across the board.

If you are being honest, CU does have its back against the wall. They need this win more than the Ewes. Lose this and the wheels are off for CU. The Ewes can go into conference play and still do well. CU may not recover if they lose this one. CU needs this one more.

Even though the Ewes are much less talented, they have been running their mouths all week. Not a little bit and they have been doing it publicly and in the press and media.

The head coach at CU is immensely proud and has seen his image take a pretty good beating nationally. He likes to say that what others think about him and the program do not matter but that is not how he is wired. He cares and cares deeply about his image and the perception of him. The spotlight, and a bright one, are what drives his Brand.

CU has been very quiet this week from players to staff. I think there have been fewer Well Off videos. Not much talk of the Norvell wife and kid comments. The press tried to hate them into bulletin board comments but to no avail.

Just my gut but this has the making for a real beat down.
And the team has to be pretty aware of a cheap shot last year that put a teammate in the hospital.

1. He's a radio host for 104.3

2. He asked CP a question based off things that actually happened

3. Where is the Denver media outrage that was showed when CU stopped allowing Keeler to ask questions after Keeler made personal attacks on CP's faith and character?
104.3? No wonder I’ve never heard of him.

I think we need to all accept the fact that 2 doesn’t like under center. The best we will get is pistol, under center ain’t happening.

I’m just hoping we move from “concepts of a running game” to “an actual running game”
I don't care about under center. I'd love any form of Downhill running game that stresses the Da gap responsibility. Straight ahead inside zone and counters with pullers who can't get to their blocks are not cutting it.

Game 3. For me tonight’s game is the baseline for the rest of the season. If we haven’t figured things out by game three against an inferior, talent-wise, opponent, then we are in big trouble moving forward.

If Prime wants to shut the critics up he had better deliver tonight.

I think we need to all accept the fact that 2 doesn’t like under center. The best we will get is pistol, under center ain’t happening.

I’m just hoping we move from “concepts of a running game” to “an actual running game”
I See Reaction GIF by KreativCopy

Pistol is fine too. Just have to give the back a couple steps down hill to gain some momentum. Can’t just hand it to them while standing still in shotgun.

Besides, we all saw Shedeur line up under center and attempt a QB sneak last week… definitely not his thing and probably more opportunity for disaster

I'm going to be there. As a guest of my CSU alum friend. (We grew up 2 blocks apart, don't @ me.)

Point being, I can either be razzed relentlessly or be able to talk ****.

It better be the latter.
My CSU buddies invited me on their party bus with a free ticket to the game and I turned it down. At first it was because I knew I’d be an asshole and probably wouldn’t end up well. Now, I’m glad I’m not going so I don’t open myself up to the shame and humiliation if they lose.

Game 3. For me tonight’s game is the baseline for the rest of the season. If we haven’t figured things out by game three against an inferior, talent-wise, opponent, then we are in big trouble moving forward.

If Prime wants to shut the critics up he had better deliver tonight.
IMG_2958.jpeg

Man, the gameday picks for the game were lacking in any confidence.

Des flipped a coin and said CSU.

Saban said, “gotta go with my guy Prime and I really hope he gets it turned around”.

Pat said “if last week wasn’t a wake up call for that program there will never be one and this could be my last time picking CU”.

Corso picked Buffs

Herbie says CSU wins because they’re at home

My CSU buddies invited me on their party bus with a free ticket to the game and I turned it down. At first it was because I knew I’d be an asshole and probably wouldn’t end up well. Now, I’m glad I’m not going so I don’t open myself up to the shame and humiliation if they lose.

He came with me to the game in Boulder last year so it would be the pussiest thing ever if I didn't go this year.

"must win for Alfred"

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Saban said, “gotta go with my guy Prime and I really hope he gets it turned around”.

Pat said “if last week wasn’t a wake up call for that program there will never be one and this could be my last time picking CU”.

Corso picked Buffs

Too kind iyam

2 might need to accept the fact that he hasn’t earned any of this deference. Dude should be going under center if he’s Mr NFL, AND should be running an offense instead of playing selfishly

2 might need to accept the fact that he hasn’t earned any of this deference. Dude should be going under center if he’s Mr NFL, AND should be running an offense instead of playing selfishly
Agreed. Any other coach was his head coach, we’d likely see under center and not Carte Blanche freedom with the offense

Corso picked Buffs

Meh

Agreed. Any other coach was his head coach, we’d likely see under center and not Carte Blanche freedom with the offense
Shedeur under center with a balanced attack and strong run game would’ve been the absolute best value for his draft stock and they’re willfully flushing that in favor of tanking his draft stock. Could’ve shown he’s a great pocket passer who is coachable and can spread the ball around to win the game…. Instead, we are cutting off our nose

Only at CU

Shedeur under center with a balanced attack and strong run game would’ve been the absolute best value for his draft stock and they’re willfully flushing that in favor of tanking his draft stock. Could’ve shown he’s a great pocket passer who is coachable and can spread the ball around to win the game…. Instead, we are cutting off our nose

Only at CU
You will hear no arguments from me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back