What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practice Thread

I wouldn’t look too much into the picture, just a good illustration of his size. The most common tweet I see on nfl gamedays is “why is Gronk wide open?! Why is Gronk matched up with a DB?!” Like nfl coordinators just forgot to gameplan against him. Good routes force mismatches like this.

The only thing I’d take from the picture (outside of how big he is) is that Jones wasn’t running with the first team.

When you are as deep as we are at TE, it takes a while to crack that starting lineup.
Nice one heheheheh!

He just got to campus and is learning the playbook. Cooper is a walk-on who gets a ton of snaps in practice (not just with the other walk-ons). I would assume because he knows the defense and helps a lot of the other DBs. He’s on Jones in the picture because he made the right read. Calling him a midget is beyond silly, Jones is a big dude.

Daniel Graham was a game changer for the Buffs back in 2001 and I never understood the philosophy that the TE was not important when it is changing the NFL game? This kid if he can pan out can be a game changing aspect that we did not care about before. Especially in the Red Zone where it is harder to score unless you can create a mismatch, like lining up the TE way out wide and doing jump balls against a safety or a linebacker. Graham was impossible to cover and he was only 6'-3"!

Nice one heheheheh!

He just got to campus and is learning the playbook. Cooper is a walk-on who gets a ton of snaps in practice (not just with the other walk-ons). I would assume because he knows the defense and helps a lot of the other DBs. He’s on Jones in the picture because he made the right read. Calling him a midget is beyond silly, Jones is a big dude.
The “midget” comment was an attempt at humor.

I stand corrected about my thoughts on Chev to the booth vs sideline. He'll be in the booth with Roper and Adams on the sideline (at least initially).

I stand corrected about my thoughts on Chev to the booth vs sideline. He'll be in the booth with Roper and Adams on the sideline (at least initially).

I know montez will be on the phone with roper but would it make more sense to have chev on sideline, working with wr's along with oc duties? His fire and passion doesn't work in the booth.

I know montez will be on the phone with roper but would it make more sense to have chev on sideline, working with wr's along with oc duties? His fire and passion doesn't work in the booth.
Sorry, my post kind of ran together, but Chev will be in the booth, while both Adams and Roper will be on the sideline. So Roper will be able to be face-to-face with Montez and the other QBs during games, while Adams is basically the OC on the sideline, in Chev's role last year.

My original opinion on this was agreeing with the last few parts of your post. I feel that QB coach is the most likely candidate to be in the booth since his value on the sideline is pretty minimal, IMO. Add that to Chev's motivating personality and position group, and I never would have thought he'd want to be in the booth. Who is taking care of WR coaching on the sideline? If we had an "inside/outside receivers coach" positions, it would make sense.

Atleast Terrance Lang is not fat. 275 pounds is good weight for his age and height.
Hopefully we can get him up to about 280 pounds before the start of the season.

Keep seeing Chev talking about playing faster... has tempo really been the issue on offense?

What technology is in the Booth at a college game? I ask that because the reason to have the OC up in the booth is both a live view from an aerial angle and to make up for not having the same sideline technology and information on a college sideline. Playcalling is a gut feel and I really believe that the playcaller should be on the sideline, and then a technical coach should be up in the booth providing good technical information. It is likely that Roper has been in the booth for the past few years, and we all know Chev has been on the sideline, so very concerned about how this plays out!!!
Good thing we have a live game this spring to work this all out before we play CSU and kNU :)

Keep seeing Chev talking about playing faster... has tempo really been the issue on offense?

Really of a couple of contributing pieces, right? Chev notes--correctly I think--that tempo is predicated on getting a first down or two to start the series. If you can't get the offense moving, you aren't going to be able to get your tempo going. That speaks to play calling and execution. I think Chev understands that you have to fix those contributing factors to be able to achieve the tempo he wants to roll with.

I thought the tempo was slow last year honestly. Idk if it is because Sefo had this thing running like a well oiled machine in 2016, or what.

I think Sefo had a better control of the offense, but I also think Lindgren was better at mixing tempos too.

Really of a couple of contributing pieces, right? Chev notes--correctly I think--that tempo is predicated on getting a first down or two to start the series. If you can't get the offense moving, you aren't going to be able to get your tempo going. That speaks to play calling and execution. I think Chev understands that you have to fix those contributing factors to be able to achieve the tempo he wants to roll with.

Fair. I think it makes more sense to play fast at home versus on the road though.

I thought the tempo was slow last year honestly. Idk if it is because Sefo had this thing running like a well oiled machine in 2016, or what.

Defense was bad and OL was bad in pass protection meant they had to run Lindsay alot.

What technology is in the Booth at a college game? I ask that because the reason to have the OC up in the booth is both a live view from an aerial angle and to make up for not having the same sideline technology and information on a college sideline. Playcalling is a gut feel and I really believe that the playcaller should be on the sideline, and then a technical coach should be up in the booth providing good technical information. It is likely that Roper has been in the booth for the past few years, and we all know Chev has been on the sideline, so very concerned about how this plays out!!!
Good thing we have a live game this spring to work this all out before we play CSU and kNU :)
Analysts on back row of the booth should be feeding metrics to OC and DC. Gosh, I hope I don’t get in trouble for suggesting this again.

Intentionally slowed down to give D a breather. See MM comments a few days ago.

Ento and winfree are two of the best physical specimens we have had at receiver in a while. Throw viska in there and they are going to be an imposing group.

False! Dudes in the booth will be very fired up!

Back