What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

I did not. I just think the idea of a three-person QB competition in the fall would be stupid.
So the staff had the option to let Noyer walk. Would you advocate that knowing that the 2nd place QB from the Spring could very well walk?

I sort of think if both the spring guys were lights out and KD is sure they are above Noyer, and they are BOTH coming back in August, then KD has the obligation to tell Noyer and Noyer fades away. KD has to understand what's best for the program and the truth is always what's best for Noyer. He's not living in isolation. He knows what the young guys are doing. If they are good, oh well. Eyes wide open.

I don't have to believe coachspeak to know that a true competition between three QBs stretching well into fall is a bad sign.
The only thing worse would be Noyer being announced the starter early. With all due respect to Noyer, if the younger guys don't have more talent and promise it doesn't bode well for the future. At least if it's up in the air late there's the possibility that they reluctant to announce one of younger guys over Noyer because of the senior experience obsession we've seen in the past.

There will be a competition for like 2 weeks into fall camp. But the coaches already have a starter in mind and are already working to get him ready to start in the fall. The competition is to make sure he doesn't relax and continues to work to earn his place.

The fact that someone would tout that meaningless "award" is indeed a cause for 🤔 1,100 yards in six games with six tds and seven picks on 55% completions. If you think that's a good or even decent season we have very different interpretations of good or decent. I'm not trying to dump on the young man. I'm just getting a little frustrated with the delusional thinking that last seasons success was all because of Noyer. He had an above average receiving corp and still managed to throw more picks than tds. CU beat SDSU and AZ in spite of terrible qb play in both those games.

The fact that someone would tout that meaningless "award" is indeed a cause for 🤔 1,100 yards in six games with six tds and seven picks on 55% completions. If you think that's a good or even decent season we have very different interpretations of good or decent. I'm not trying to dump on the young man. I'm just getting a little frustrated with the delusional thinking that last seasons success was all because of Noyer. He had an above average receiving corp and still managed to throw more picks than tds. CU beat SDSU and AZ in spite of terrible qb play in both those games.
Did you read the context of my comment?

Like sands through the hourglass, these are the Days of Our Lives…

200.gif

What were the serious expectations the coaches set with Noyer when talking him into coming back, knowing he was going to be having surgery?

What did the coaches tell Shrout when recruiting him here?

How do they risk Lewis transferring if he doesn’t win the job?
Shrout and Lewis are both risks to leave if they are not named the starter.

It would be the biggest CU football move of all time to just say "bye bye" to the best QB prospect to come through the program in nearly two decades because you wanted to give the nod to the 6th year Senior with a pretty high floor/low ceiling.
Really like the kid, and can’t help but be impressed with how he has handled himself, but if we’re being honest, is the floor really that high?

Really like the kid, and can’t help but be impressed with how he has handled himself, but if we’re being honest, is the floor really that high?
I see Noyer in 2021 as a Sefo kind of floor/ceiling. Serviceable QB that can make some plays on his own and is a good leader, but is going to require a good supporting cast over the course of the season. He may be good enough to get CU to 6 wins in 2021.

My concern is that CU coaches have tended to be very short sighted with how they manage personnel and specifically the QB position.

Shrout and Lewis are both risks to leave if they are not named the starter.
I mean if neither of them can beat out Noyer this year coming off shoulder surgery then would we miss them? Don’t get me wrong, I hope Lewis is everything we hoped he would be when he was recruited, but if he can’t win the job from a busted former safety, then what are we missing out on?

I mean if neither of them can beat out Noyer this year coming off shoulder surgery then would we miss them? Don’t get me wrong, I hope Lewis is everything we hoped he would be when he was recruited, but if he can’t win the job from a busted former safety, then what are we missing out on?
I agree but I guess I’m jaded by the last handful of CU staffs seemingly doing everything they can to play the older veteran exclusively. Is there a scenario where Lewis might actually be the better player but have more freshman moments, and the staff decides Noyer is the safe option?

Back