What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Texas A&M Pregame / Game Thread

I don't even know why hiring an agent is suspension worthy anymore. With all the NIL stuff, what grounds are they standing on to still have that as a rule?

I can get behind a rule that says if a player is in an NFL training camp his collegiate eligibility automatically expires, but simply hiring an agent shouldn't be against the rules. If they are going to let college athletes make money, why shouldn't they be able to hire an agent to seek out NIL opportunities?
Only thing I can think of is that the agent thing happened before the NIL changes? Just like Reggie Bush wanting his Heisman back because a rule he broke was changed 16 years later - no f**king way.

But if you’re going to reinstate him, just reinstate him, don’t suspend him for something that doesn’t really matter anymore. It’s ridiculous that Mustafa is being penalized more harshly than Clemons.

Only thing I can think of is that the agent thing happened before the NIL changes? Just like Reggie Bush wanting his Heisman back because a rule he broke was changed 16 years later - no f**king way.

But if you’re going to reinstate him, just reinstate him, don’t suspend him for something that doesn’t really matter anymore. It’s ridiculous that Mustafa is being penalized more harshly than Clemons.
It is, but Clemons’ punishment is entirely up to Jimbo, not NCAA, so we all should have known it wasn’t going to last much longer than one game.

"Mental Reps"
derrick byars big 3 reactions GIF by BIG3
He played a lot of Madden.

I don't even know why hiring an agent is suspension worthy anymore. With all the NIL stuff, what grounds are they standing on to still have that as a rule?

I can get behind a rule that says if a player is in an NFL training camp his collegiate eligibility automatically expires, but simply hiring an agent shouldn't be against the rules. If they are going to let college athletes make money, why shouldn't they be able to hire an agent to seek out NIL opportunities?
Something something integrity of the student athlete

Yeah, just another example of the NCAA being worthless. Handing down suspensions for hiring an agent, but doing nothing when a player is arrested with a weapon, drugs, and giving false ID to cops.
This is not the NCAA’’s purview. They learned their lesson when they overstepped their bounds with PSU.

This is not the NCAA’’s purview. They learned their lesson when they overstepped their bounds with PSU.
Schools have shown they won’t police themselves. If the NCAA won’t do it, then what is the point of their existence?

This tweet and the replies highlight to me how A&M has quickly become inoculated with the SEC mentality of win at all costs. Several thinly veiled references to the school supporting Jimbo in whatever way he needs, in order to get wins. Gig em.

This isnt really new for them. Their Jackie Sherrill days come to mind.

This tweet and the replies highlight to me how A&M has quickly become inoculated with the SEC mentality of win at all costs. Several thinly veiled references to the school supporting Jimbo in whatever way he needs, in order to get wins. Gig em.

LSU absolutely can not outbid Texas A&M. However, if A&M is pushing for a playoff this year, expect his agent to push that agenda hard to get his client another raise.

LSU absolutely can not outbid Texas A&M. However, if A&M is pushing for a playoff this year, expect his agent to push that agenda hard to get his client another raise.
They just extended him to 10 years $94m. Tom Fornelli was talking about it the other day and how ridiculous that is since there are essentially zero programs out there who would have bought out his current contract anyways.

I went to aTm's Spring game and was impressed by King, he won a state title in 6A at Longview and Lewis came close in 4A, their skill sets are similar. The nod goes to King for arm strength and reading defenses, Lewis is more mobile but not by much.
Then there's a peripheral, aTm has a commit in the next class that will either push him or pass him next year he's that good so this may be his only season to show, something Lewis doesn't have to concern himself with.

They just extended him to 10 years $94m. Tom Fornelli was talking about it the other day and how ridiculous that is since there are essentially zero programs out there who would have bought out his current contract anyways.
It's beyond insanity but you know how sports agents are. Probably doesn't happen, but it won't stop them

Jimbo doesn’t have a buyout to leave A&M either.

So, just to be clear, there are essentially zero programs out there who would have bought out his contract, even though there is nothing to pay?

So, just to be clear, there are essentially zero programs out there who would have bought out his contract, even though there is nothing to pay?
Pure genius on Jimbo's part...no financial ties a perpetual free agent.
Not a stretch aTm could go 12-0 or 11-1 this season in the doing he would have to run the West table and either beat Bama or coach a game for the years vs Bama.
JMO if Jimbo can pull this off a new power in the SEC will show itself...I'll add why did UT & OU jump if they didn't see the potential writing on the wall?

Pure genius on Jimbo's part...no financial ties a perpetual free agent.
Not a stretch aTm could go 12-0 or 11-1 this season in the doing he would have to run the West table and either beat Bama or coach a game for the years vs Bama.
JMO if Jimbo can pull this off a new power in the SEC will show itself...I'll add why did UT & OU jump if they didn't see the potential writing on the wall?

They're 10-2 tops. I don't see them beating Alabama, and I think they're going to drop a game somewhere else.

Their season hangs on the Alabama game

Haynes King has to improve SIGNIFICANTLY for them to have a shot against Alabama. Part of the reason I think we're in the game in the 2nd half is I think he's going to have another multi turnover game-first time in what will be basically a road environment.

Back