What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Texas A&M Pregame / Game Thread

Their season hangs on the Alabama game
One game makes a season as it is more so now that UGA from the East beat Clemson they have a mulligan.
Let's say UGA runs the table & loses to Bama in the CG who get's the nod for the playoff? Who lost to Bama by less or maybe which team has the potential to beat Bama given a second chance?.

One game makes a season as it is more so now that UGA from the East beat Clemson they have a mulligan.
Let's say UGA runs the table & loses to Bama in the CG who get's the nod for the playoff? Who lost to Bama by less or maybe which team has the potential to beat Bama given a second chance?.

If UGA and Bama both run the table then the loser of the SECCG might still get in if it's a close game. There'd be alot of other factors obviously.

I can't find any video of Hannibal Navies knocking Leeland McElroy out of the game in 1994, but we effectively ended his Heisman candidacy with one hard tackle.
*1995. Navies was a true freshman. McElroy was out cold on the field for about a minute, and was never the same after that. He publicly said later that it was by far the hardest he had ever been hit.

I see one path to a CU win....get the game into a shootout and see who has gas in the tank late or who has the better special teams.
If the Buffs can keep the score around 7-10 points it'll push aTm to call a different game offensively.

Best chance for victory is aTm continues negative turnover ratio, gets frustrated and commits stupid penalties, and buffs slow the game down with an effective ground game keeping it close into the second half.

Best chance for victory is aTm continues negative turnover ratio, gets frustrated and commits stupid penalties, and buffs slow the game down with an effective ground game keeping it close into the second half.
Best chance for Buff victory is the aTm two deep gets food poisoning at Casa Bonita...and a strong ground game.

The strength & weakness of each team as I see them:
1) WR < CU A&M is good for 2-4 drops and Smith is notorious for running the wrong route.
2) RB < CU A&M is 2 deep Spiller inside Achane outside not rocket science. CU has 4 advantages: Broussard can run between the tackles or bounce out, Fontenot inside/out, Clayton inside/out and CU has a Fullback.
3) QB - Even with a tip to Lewis. If Lewis rushes for more than 90 yds CU may pull off the upset. Every one of his designed runs against UNC was a first down then throw in the 2-3 scramble first downs 44 yds minus is sack yards.
4) Special Teams: < CU: Becker missed at 53 by inches from the right hash a make from the center. Rice has shown an ability to return kickoffs that we haven't seen in many years and the same can be said for Stanley on punt returns. Directional kicking can and usually does affect starting field position changing play calling.

1. Special teams
2. trick plays and balanced approach on Offense.
3. Lights out defensive performance by the D

I've been listening to Brimingham radio off and on this week and when the A&M-CU game comes up the general consensus has been that the line is way too high.

Surprising. I guess most don't think A&M is legit. What would the spread be if we were playing Alabama? At least 24, I'd guess. OTOH, these SEC teams simply do not travel for OOC games--so these early season matchups away from home can go sour for them.

Back